Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    GBMiah is offline Rookie

First hand account of Sunday from a UW band member

"little redhead" wrote:
    Okay did anyone see during the game the announcers showed the band and Chris Hovan getting pissed off at them because the hit him in the face or something. He was far away from the sidelines in fact it looked like he was leaning over the bench so the band was not marching down the sidelines they were marching over the sidelines closer to the bench they made it look like the band was purposely invading the Vikings space to be annoying. If your going to march on the field make sure it is on the field not on the visitors bench.
    Yes I saw that and NO the band member didnt even touch Blovan. A band member passed really close by and he got his pantys in a bunch like a sissy bitch. Even his Viking teamates next to him were trying to restrain him from attacking a frickin marching band member! OMG lay off the rage inducing steriods blovan. The other Vikes that were next to him were just chuckling it off because it was no big deal, but not this future assault convict.

I apologize for the scathing report lol but Hovan is the only Viking I actually hate.
    Inhale it. Savor it. Drink with your eyes and taste with every fiber of your flesh, revelations come through experience.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Jesus, of course the band mamber was afraid of the middle age vike fans/ vike players! I was afraid of the colts fans when i went to that game, and thats the fricken COLTS! very understandable that she was venting, some people don't understand the aura of football.

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

very nice sig slackers!

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

CanuckVike is offline Starter

Man I was feeling so ill earlier, but this entire thread is some of the funniest shit ever!!! Now my gut hurts from laughing so much! I mean an excerpt from the account some band member!?!?...are you kidding me???
    VKG4LFE...you hit the nail on the head...no one gives a shit!! HA HA!!
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Last time I checked the field is for players, if you are a band member do not expect a 300 pounds lineman to get out of the way so you can march around with your little horn. Especially when those players hate the team and city you are playing for.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

PhxFan is offline Pro-Bowler

"little redhead" wrote:
    "owensforpres" wrote:
    you know this one time at band camp......
    Hehehe! only you.. Are you trying to start something....

superior230bartime is offline Pro-Bowler

Here, let me change the account so you can all reply differently and bitch and complain about Packer fans. All it would take is changing a few words to get an entirely different reaction out of you guys:

OKAY- I just have to get this off of my chest, because I used to be a #1 Bear-hater, but I may have switched sides thanks to yesterday.

I'm in the UM band and every year we travel to a Viking game. We traveled to the Viking/Pack game yesterday and everyone was pretty excited to have a good time because the majority of us drank ourselves into a deep and depressed stupor after the UM/Mich ST FB game. The crowd at the Metrodome always loves us, and they're so loud, you can barely hear yourself play. It's a crazy fun rush, and we love going.

HOWEVER- from the minute we got off the busses, people in green and gold taunted us about the loss. as we were waiting to march over to the stadium, cheesehead-clad jerkoffs were screaming in my face about how blew the game yesterday. It was really hard not to beat them over the head with my horn. I march in the very very front of the band, and as some of you know, that means 3/4 of my body is NOT on the field- it's always on the sidelines or over. When we marched down the field to play "Skol Vikings", the Packer TEAM REFUSED TO MOVE BACK. I hit 4 or 5 players with various parts of my body on the way down, then we turn around and go back to make the "M"- THEY GOT CLOSER OVER THE SIDELINE. Once again I hit players, miost of them with my shoulders! I stopped two steps behind the sideline, and one of the guys leans forward and proceeds to swear and scream at me. Meanwhile, an offensive linemen takes his helmet and pushes a trombone player in the chest.

After the pregame, we were allowed some free roam. It's a special thing to some Viking fans when we come, so a lot of us wind up posing in pictures, especially with kids, etc. We're used to getting stopped and asked questions, you know... Well yesterday I was stopped mostly by people in green and gold and mostly to harass me about the game. A group of four drunk male Packer fans PICKED ME UP SIDEWAYS and told me they were going to take me home with them. That was a lot scary! A different group said, "Hey baby, your band and school suck and we hope you do too! Can we have your phone number?" The stuff that was being said to me could have been sexual harassment.

At 1/2 time, we started off on the Vikings side and of course, got nothing but thumbs up from the guys. I was distracted by the adonis Chris Hovan- but who wouldn't be? As we walked around the field to go to the holding area, a large group of cheeseheads were chanting "Go Michigan".

We won the game and it was a close one, but a W nontheless. As we lined up to do 5th quarter, the Packer staff was cleaning up ad one of the staff members specifically walked over to us and said, "YEAH WELL you blew it yesterday, you idots! HAVE FUN IN TAMPA!"

No joke- I was totally shocked. I have been to 3 Viking games with the band- and the Seahawk and Ravens fans AND players NEVER acted this way. I know we share a conference and a border with these Cheeseheads, but we were just there to entertain. What a 5'10' band chick could possibly do to a Packer offensive linemen, I have no idea. The band usually has a reputation for being a$$holes, but we didn't even get the opportunity to be a$$holes yesterday!

On the other hand I did have a total riot, and the mighty purple warrior fans are always so wonderful. The metrodome is always a treat, but I will never feel the same about Packer fans. It made it all worth it to see Chris Hovan standing proudly with his hand over his heart during the Anthem as 3 fighter jets screamed across outside of the metrodome. We couldn't see them because our stadium is shitty and has a roof but I bet it was awesome. I hope you Viking and UM fans travel better than those Packer fans did!

I'm sure you guys would all be outraged now with this account of a story.
    purplepride.org: Home of Disillusioned Vikings Fans World-wide

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I actually saw some film from halftime and it almost looked like the band was trying to run into the players on the sideline. They were at the very edge of the white line and they swung their instruments over the white line.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Maybe she can borrow Chris Hovan's crying towel!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    Does somebody need a tampon?

AMEN

Bartime :?: are you sure the person who wrote that was not in the kinder care band... :? and bye the bye I caught a program on sky TV in london that said ( the comentators) "the band" :shock: was harassing the VIKING team with the sideline stuff playing right in the faces :arrow: from the start of the game... :blackeye:

so maybe who ever wrote that should get a life or go home to momy :twisted: if they can't stand the heat don't jump in the fire :twisted:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast