Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The figth for America

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Cajun wrote:
    All religion is MAN-MADE...and thereby subject to the inherent flaws of mankind.
    Hey this is neat. I totally disagree on this point with Cajun but I guess as a pastor you would expect that answer from me. But you see, Cajun is a friend and I'm not gonna call him out on this because he has every right to believe that as much as I do not believe it. That's what makes America great is the diversity.
    The problems is that a lot of people only want you to think their way (ALCU). I agree in the seperation of church and state. I don't want the state telling me how to run my religion but they are doing that while blocking religion in schools. And that my friends in not fair. You can't have it both ways.
    We can't sing Christmas carols in school but we can celebrate Islam, and Quanza and Indian faiths and sing all their religious songs. Where's the fairness in that.
    To me if we are going to seperate church and state, let's do it totally.
    THAT I DO agree with, COJO!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

I am one who does look at religon as being flawed, people pick and choose what part of their religon they want to follow and get upset when someone questions why they dont follow all of it.
    It is funny the gays are going to hell, but the priest will be forgiven by god.
    Slavery is accepted in the bible, in my eyes its a discrace.
    I have no problem with anyone choosing to follow a faith, I have a major problem with thoughs people trying to shove it down my face.
    I have a problem with people brining people to this country in "gods name" then making it up to the government to take care of them.
    If you want to follow a book, thats fine, if you think its a great thing, super!
    I dont care, leave me alone with it.
    I dont want my laws made because some group thinks because their book says so and now the country needs to follow it.
    I dont care what religon founded this country, its been a few years now and our culture has changed.
    I dont think people should be able to get a job and refuse to handle booz, pork, or anything else your religon says is unholy.
    If you dont want to touch pork in a bag, DONT WORK AT A SUPER TARGET!
    You dont want someones whine bottle in your cab, DONT DRIVE A CAB.
    This country is becomming a pu$sy nation because we need to cater to every persons with faith.
    And dont think the christians are getting the raw deal either, they have had plenty of BS laws made by some bible beating fool who wants it their way or no way.
    You republican whore!

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    Cajun - you assume too much when you say you are an intelligent lawyer!! ;D
    There is no way to argue this point with you.
    But those who have an open mind may see that a Christmas tree does not force you to be a christian.
    The ten commandments in a federal building does not force you to be christian.

And as COJOMAY stated if you want religion out of school make sure all religion is out.
    Halloween pictures of ghouls and gobblins are religious symbols of satanism.
    Black history month has leaders who are muslims!!
    if you truly try to separate church and state then you would be teaching our children nothing.

And Cajun show me in the constitution where it says separation of church and state!!
    This is a lie told by the secular progressives and just like any lie when told long enough and often enough it is taken to be true.
    So tell me Cajun where in the constitution does it say the words "separation of church and state".
    I know as a lawyer you will find some way around the issue but everyone else just read carefully because he will use some round about way to say it is in the constitution but he will never say those words are there.
    THAT IS BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT.
    And the subtle twist here is Cajun and the SP (secular progressive) are trying to take our right to our free speech.

And the last point what is the fear about religious symblos anyway.
    Our country was founded ideas and debate.
    I do not see a manora (sorry if the spelling is wrong) and all of sudden drop in fear that I may become jewish.
    I do not see the crescent and scream because I may be muslim.
    The funny thing I find about people crying about christians and their intolerance is their intolerance to anyone opposed to their point of view.
    You do not have to look any further than Columbia University.
    The liberal, hippy kissing, love is the way crowd turned violent as soon as they heard something they were against by the minutemen.
    NO civility any more by those hypocrytical babies who roited as soon as they didn't get their way.
    Finally, I do not agree Ms. Graham that God had Katrina hit us because of the lack of God in our schools.
    I do think you see more violence because God is not in the national fibric and being taught by parents.
    Our children are no longer taught to be resonsible for their own actions, it is always someone else's fault.
    I believe that parents are not teaching children about god's views on sharing, sacrifice for soemone you love, kindness, work ethics.
    These are all components of christianity that are being lost on the children of today.

While God does not want anything to happen to us there are consequences for any action.
    Just like if you do not renew your drivers license.
    It is not the state's fault you are driving illegal but you are breaking the law nontheless.
    So if you choose not to listen and live by GOD"S LAWS THEN SIMPLY LOOK AT THE LAWS AND SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN THEY ARE NOT ADHERED TO.
    IF YOU DISOBEY THE TEN COMMANDMENTS THEN YOU WILL HAVE

PARENTS should be the ONLY people responsible for the RELIGIOUS education of their children...with the help of their CHOSEN religious leaders.
    EVEN IF we put prayer back in the schools and the Ten Commandments back in government buildings, you religious right wingers won't quit until you have it totally YOUR way...and that isn't fair to the believers of other faiths or to non-believers.

I think that there is no way to argue this point with YOU...not the other way around.

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Cajun wrote:
    All religion is MAN-MADE...and thereby subject to the inherent flaws of mankind.
    Hey this is neat. I totally disagree on this point with Cajun but I guess as a pastor you would expect that answer from me. But you see, Cajun is a friend and I'm not gonna call him out on this because he has every right to believe that as much as I do not believe it. That's what makes America great is the diversity.
    The problems is that a lot of people only want you to think their way (ALCU). I agree in the seperation of church and state. I don't want the state telling me how to run my religion but they are doing that while blocking religion in schools. And that my friends in not fair. You can't have it both ways.
    We can't sing Christmas carols in school but we can celebrate Islam, and Quanza and Indian faiths and sing all their religious songs. Where's the fairness in that.
    To me if we are going to seperate church and state, let's do it totally.

In some California schools they have rooms set aside for Muslims students to pray, when the Catholic students asked for the same right they were denied!

Fact is the United states started from 13 colonies and the predominant religion was catholic, that influence is still there and what made the US the strongest country in the world was that belief system!
    But the liberal left is more afraid of the christian religious base than they are of radical Muslim fanatics that have sworn to kill American citizens (that makes since)!
    Hey, I don't agree with THAT either!

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    I don't mind getting this locked I just thought it was interseting that Ben Stein (jewish) was talking logically.
    And he as a jew had no prblems with OUR NATIONAL SYMBOLS!!!
    I would not go into a muslim country and expect them to change their symbols for me!!!
    Stein is raking it in...of course he's happy!
    He probably owns stock in the company that sells the Christmas trees!!!

"2beersTommy" wrote:
    "Turboe" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:

If they know of him at all, many folks think Ben Stein is just a quirky actor/comedian who talks in a monotone. He's also a very intelligent attorney who knows how to put ideas and words together in such a way as to sway juries and make people think clearly.
    Bueller?.....Bueller?.......Bueller?.......

[img width=96 height=140]http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/17/17/12m.jpg[/img]

Can anyone tell me what "Figth" means?

Bueller?.....Bueller?.......Bueller?.......
    Wish I could you with that Turboe, but can Mr. Stein put words in such a way that it will help people spell "fight" correctly? ;D

I can see this thread being locked up quickly..both religion & the government in the same thread..OUCH

I suppose next, somebody will tell me that the Easter Bunny is for Pagans.
    ;D
    Ha ha!!

I was gonna dog him for that...but thanks for saving me the trouble!

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

This thread makes me uncomfortable..and if they dont lock it, IM going to leave (cough) Prophet
    :P

"tarkenton10" wrote:

IF YOU DISOBEY THE TEN COMMANDMENTS THEN YOU WILL HAVE:

1. MURDER

2. LYING

3. STEALING

4. ADULTERY (THAT COULD LEAD TO THE BREAKDOWN OF THE AMERICAN WAY)

5. COVETING

So I am not saying that God brought Katrina that doesn't seem like something Jesus would do.
    But seeing all the crime and horrific scenes that are coming from people who no longer have God in their lives, makes me believe that the more there are out there the worse it is going to get.
    NOT!!!!

There are SEPERATE CIVIL LAWS that govern MURDER and STEALING...and it would be a JOKE if there were laws governing the other three...since none of them is a crime against property or person.
    Let GOD settle those issues....like it has always been done.
    BTW, the CIVIL laws against MURDER and STEALING ONLY pertain to the CIVIL part of the crime...the punishment here on Earth does not cover nor does it mitigate the eternal punishment that God will mete out on Judgment Day...therefore, man should NOT pretend that the MORAL laws set out by GOD have anything to do with the CIVIL laws set out by MAN.

Del Rio Guest

Well folks I said I wouldn't but I think I have to. We have touched on quite a bit of stuff that isn't supposed to be. Tommy threatening to leave is the last straw I can't do that to him he agrees with me too much to lose him.

Everyone behaved well, but there is some potential for asshatness that we can't allow.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

While I'm pretty sure Tommy was being somewhat sarcastic, three pages of this was plenty. This certainly had the potential to get ugly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123