Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
  1. #11
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: The figth for America

    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    I think it was a pretty good article.Really makes you think about all the recent school shootings.I really think the school systems should not shun god from schools.y With the religion in school you shouldn't be forced to follow or take part in it, but it should be there IMO for those who want to.
    Send your kids to religious-based schools if you want it to be crammed down your kids' throats!

    Heck, I went to Catholic school for part of my elementary years...my parents made that choice for me...and it was their right.
    Those parents that didn't want their kids to be exposed to that type of education sent their kids to public school.
    That way, EVERYONE got what they wanted and NO ONE had to deal with what they didn't want!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #12
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: The figth for America

    Cajun wrote:
    All religion is MAN-MADE...and thereby subject to the inherent flaws of mankind.
    Hey this is neat. I totally disagree on this point with Cajun but I guess as a pastor you would expect that answer from me. But you see, Cajun is a friend and I'm not gonna call him out on this because he has every right to believe that as much as I do not believe it. That's what makes America great is the diversity.
    The problems is that a lot of people only want you to think their way (ALCU). I agree in the seperation of church and state. I don't want the state telling me how to run my religion but they are doing that while blocking religion in schools. And that my friends in not fair. You can't have it both ways.
    We can't sing Christmas carols in school but we can celebrate Islam, and Quanza and Indian faiths and sing all their religious songs. Where's the fairness in that.
    To me if we are going to seperate church and state, let's do it totally.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  3. #13
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: The figth for America

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Cajun wrote:
    All religion is MAN-MADE...and thereby subject to the inherent flaws of mankind.
    Hey this is neat. I totally disagree on this point with Cajun but I guess as a pastor you would expect that answer from me. But you see, Cajun is a friend and I'm not gonna call him out on this because he has every right to believe that as much as I do not believe it. That's what makes America great is the diversity.
    The problems is that a lot of people only want you to think their way (ALCU). I agree in the seperation of church and state. I don't want the state telling me how to run my religion but they are doing that while blocking religion in schools. And that my friends in not fair. You can't have it both ways.
    We can't sing Christmas carols in school but we can celebrate Islam, and Quanza and Indian faiths and sing all their religious songs. Where's the fairness in that.
    To me if we are going to seperate church and state, let's do it totally.
    Cojo you know better then to ask for equality.
    ;D

    You know that when the government feels one group has been oppressed the only logical way to make it better is to oppress the group that they feel is responsible.

    I like to call it putting a bandaid on a larger issue. Working for the gov, I can say it is done everyday.

  4. #14
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,162

    Re: The figth for America

    Cajun - you assume too much when you say you are an intelligent lawyer!! ;D
    There is no way to argue this point with you.
    But those who have an open mind may see that a Christmas tree does not force you to be a christian.
    The ten commandments in a federal building does not force you to be christian.

    And as COJOMAY stated if you want religion out of school make sure all religion is out.
    Halloween pictures of ghouls and gobblins are religious symbols of satanism.
    Black history month has leaders who are muslims!!
    if you truly try to separate church and state then you would be teaching our children nothing.

    And Cajun show me in the constitution where it says separation of church and state!!
    This is a lie told by the secular progressives and just like any lie when told long enough and often enough it is taken to be true.
    So tell me Cajun where in the constitution does it say the words "separation of church and state".
    I know as a lawyer you will find some way around the issue but everyone else just read carefully because he will use some round about way to say it is in the constitution but he will never say those words are there.
    THAT IS BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT.
    And the subtle twist here is Cajun and the SP (secular progressive) are trying to take our right to our free speech.

    And the last point what is the fear about religious symblos anyway.
    Our country was founded ideas and debate.
    I do not see a manora (sorry if the spelling is wrong) and all of sudden drop in fear that I may become jewish.
    I do not see the crescent and scream because I may be muslim.
    The funny thing I find about people crying about christians and their intolerance is their intolerance to anyone opposed to their point of view.
    You do not have to look any further than Columbia University.
    The liberal, hippy kissing, love is the way crowd turned violent as soon as they heard something they were against by the minutemen.
    NO civility any more by those hypocrytical babies who roited as soon as they didn't get their way.
    Finally, I do not agree Ms. Graham that God had Katrina hit us because of the lack of God in our schools.
    I do think you see more violence because God is not in the national fibric and being taught by parents.
    Our children are no longer taught to be resonsible for their own actions, it is always someone else's fault.
    I believe that parents are not teaching children about god's views on sharing, sacrifice for soemone you love, kindness, work ethics.
    These are all components of christianity that are being lost on the children of today.
    While God does not want anything to happen to us there are consequences for any action.
    Just like if you do not renew your drivers license.
    It is not the state's fault you are driving illegal but you are breaking the law nontheless.
    So if you choose not to listen and live by GOD"S LAWS THEN SIMPLY LOOK AT THE LAWS AND SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN THEY ARE NOT ADHERED TO.
    IF YOU DISOBEY THE TEN COMMANDMENTS THEN YOU WILL HAVE


    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  5. #15
    2beersTommy's Avatar
    2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,761

    Re: The figth for America

    "Turboe" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:

    If they know of him at all, many folks think Ben Stein is just a quirky actor/comedian who talks in a monotone. He's also a very intelligent attorney who knows how to put ideas and words together in such a way as to sway juries and make people think clearly.
    Bueller?.....Bueller?.......Bueller?.......

    [img width=96 height=140]http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/17/17/12m.jpg[/img]

    Can anyone tell me what "Figth" means?


    Bueller?.....Bueller?.......Bueller?.......
    Wish I could you with that Turboe, but can Mr. Stein put words in such a way that it will help people spell "fight" correctly? ;D

    I can see this thread being locked up quickly..both religion & the government in the same thread..OUCH

    I suppose next, somebody will tell me that the Easter Bunny is for Pagans.
    ;D

  6. #16
    2beersTommy's Avatar
    2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,761

    Re: The figth for America

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Cajun wrote:
    All religion is MAN-MADE...and thereby subject to the inherent flaws of mankind.
    Hey this is neat. I totally disagree on this point with Cajun but I guess as a pastor you would expect that answer from me. But you see, Cajun is a friend and I'm not gonna call him out on this because he has every right to believe that as much as I do not believe it. That's what makes America great is the diversity.
    The problems is that a lot of people only want you to think their way (ALCU). I agree in the seperation of church and state. I don't want the state telling me how to run my religion but they are doing that while blocking religion in schools. And that my friends in not fair. You can't have it both ways.
    We can't sing Christmas carols in school but we can celebrate Islam, and Quanza and Indian faiths and sing all their religious songs. Where's the fairness in that.
    To me if we are going to seperate church and state, let's do it totally.

    I feel we have a better chance of separating body & mind, some of you already have, and and you know who you are! LOL

  7. #17
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,162

    Re: The figth for America

    Cajun - you assume too much when you say you are an intelligent lawyer!! ;D
    I am back for a guest appearance, sorry to hurt you feeling Cajun!! There is no way to argue this point with you.
    But those who have an open mind may see that a Christmas tree does not force you to be a christian.
    The ten commandments in a federal building does not force you to be christian.

    And as COJOMAY stated if you want religion out of school make sure all religion is out.
    Halloween pictures of ghouls and gobblins are religious symbols of satanism.
    Black history month has leaders who are muslims!!
    if you truly try to separate church and state then you would be teaching our children nothing.

    And Cajun show me in the constitution where it says separation of church and state!!
    This is a lie told by the secular progressives and just like any lie when told long enough and often enough it is taken to be true.
    So tell me Cajun where in the constitution does it say the words "separation of church and state".
    I know as a lawyer you will find some way around the issue but everyone else just read carefully because he will use some round about way to say it is in the constitution but he will never say those words are there.
    THAT IS BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT.
    And the subtle twist here is Cajun and the SP (secular progressive) are trying to take our right to our free speech.
    What I find funny is that they must not have much faith in their beliefs because a simple symbol in public view worries them so, must be some weak minded individuals who are afraid that their peers are just as weak minded. If they lose all those weak minded individuals they may lose their ability to keep their aganda alive.


    And the another point what is the fear about religious symblos anyway.
    Our country was founded on ideas and debate.
    I saw no outcry from the SP when student newspapers in the great northwest had cartoons of Christ in derogatory positions.
    They said it was to spark debate, oh I see if you insult our God it is ok because debate is good but a nativity scene isn't any good and shouldn't spark debate.
    Every time you turn around you see nothing but hypocrocy from the left.
    I find it funny though the woman who wanted to spark debate didn't want to spark debate with the muslims. She didn't because she knew her head would be on a spit, the next day, so she is a coward and a fraud.
    If I see a Manora (sorry if the spelling is wrong) should I drop in fear that I may become jewish.
    I do not see the crescent and scream because I may become muslim.
    The funny thing I find about people crying about christians and their intolerance is their intolerance to christians and anyone opposed to their point of view.
    You do not have to look any further than Columbia University.
    The liberal, hippy kissing, love is the way crowd turned violent as soon as they heard something they were against by the minutemen.
    NO civility any more by those hypocrytical babies who rioted as soon as they didn't get their way.
    Finally, I do not agree Ms. Graham that God had Katrina hit us because of the lack of God in our schools.
    I do think you see more violence because God is not in the national fibric and being taught by parents.
    Our children are no longer taught to be resonsible for their own actions, it is always someone else's fault.
    I believe that parents are not teaching children about god's views on sharing, sacrifice for soemone you love, kindness, work ethics.
    These are all components of christianity that are being lost on the children of today.
    While God does not want anything to happen to us there are consequences for any action.
    Just like if you do not renew your drivers license.
    It is not the state's fault you are driving illegal but you are breaking the law nontheless.
    So if you choose not to listen and live by GOD"S LAWS THEN SIMPLY LOOK AT THE LAWS AND SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN THEY ARE NOT ADHERED TO.
    IF YOU DISOBEY THE TEN COMMANDMENTS THEN YOU WILL HAVE:

    1. MURDER

    2. LYING

    3. STEALING

    4. ADULTERY (THAT COULD LEAD TO THE BREAKDOWN OF THE AMERICAN WAY)

    5. COVETING

    So I am not saying that God brought Katrina that doesn't seem like something Jesus would do.
    But seeing all the crime and horrific scenes that are coming from people who no longer have God in their lives, makes me believe that the more there are out there the worse it is going to get.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  8. #18
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,162

    Re: The figth for America

    I don't mind getting this locked I just thought it was interseting that Ben Stein (jewish) was talking logically.
    And he as a jew had no prblems with OUR NATIONAL SYMBOLS!!!
    I would not go into a muslim country and expect them to change their symbols for me!!!

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  9. #19
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: The figth for America

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Cajun wrote:
    All religion is MAN-MADE...and thereby subject to the inherent flaws of mankind.
    Hey this is neat. I totally disagree on this point with Cajun but I guess as a pastor you would expect that answer from me. But you see, Cajun is a friend and I'm not gonna call him out on this because he has every right to believe that as much as I do not believe it. That's what makes America great is the diversity.
    The problems is that a lot of people only want you to think their way (ALCU). I agree in the seperation of church and state. I don't want the state telling me how to run my religion but they are doing that while blocking religion in schools. And that my friends in not fair. You can't have it both ways.
    We can't sing Christmas carols in school but we can celebrate Islam, and Quanza and Indian faiths and sing all their religious songs. Where's the fairness in that.
    To me if we are going to seperate church and state, let's do it totally.

    In some California schools they have rooms set aside for Muslims students to pray, when the Catholic students asked for the same right they were denied!


    Fact is the United states started from 13 colonies and the predominant religion was catholic, that influence is still there and what made the US the strongest country in the world was that belief system!
    But the liberal left is more afraid of the christian religious base than they are of radical Muslim fanatics that have sworn to kill American citizens (that makes since)!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  10. #20
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,444

    Re: The figth for America

    This thread just makes me want to FIGTH
    :P ;D ;D

    WWBGD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Coming to America
    By Mark_The_Viking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 05-31-2009, 02:07 PM
  2. Deadliest job in America.............
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 11:11 AM
  3. Weird America
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 07:56 PM
  4. Mall of America......
    By NordicNed in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-02-2006, 08:03 AM
  5. #15 and #23 Top Bars In America, SI
    By koolkev8 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-06-2005, 10:53 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •