Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    mnviking80 is offline Training Camp

Favorite School Memory?

Since school has started (Or will soon for the schools who do not have the hindsight to start after Labour Day: I'm in Sept. 1st), what is your favorite school memory? For me, besides all the times I've flirted during lunch, ops: my 9th grade history teacher has a couple good stories:

On the first day of school, my history teacher was lecturing us on good attendance, so he says: "I have only missed school 3 days in my career: One day each for the birth of my kids, and the other time I was in a small room with a porcelain bowl".

Flash foward a few months when we're talking about Napoleon. He usually shows us pictures of the topic we're talking about. So he's showing us pictures and he says: "While I was looking for Napoleon pictures, I also ran across this guy.", and he shows us a picture of Napoleon Dynamite and responds with "Remember children, polyester is flammable!", and then everybody started erupting in laughter!
    -Andy

Del Rio Guest

Re: Favorite School Memory?

I start school on Saturday.

I don't know if I have one favorite. I guess my favorite would have to be the process of winning my wife over. She was playing hard to get. I got straight D's and F's that semester and lost my scholorship. But my GPA was high enough I could still play sports. She felt bad for me so we hooked up. My grades went back to normal and I got my money back.

Lots of fun in the dorms.

HS, my favorite memory is beating the snot out of our biggest rival 56-14. I have that bad boy on film. Jeremy Watt was like 5'7 and about 320, the other team had the ball on their own 10. I hit the QB as he was throwing and he intercepted it (He was a DT)... now I have to tell you our coach would hook us up with free steak dinners if the defense scored some points.

We all wanted that steak, he owed us big time......Watt intercepted and instantly was covered by the other team he was dragging them yard by yard. By then all of us began pushing this huge ass pile towards the goal line. It all collapsed about the 2 yard line but Watt wanting that steak crawled over the goal line and when the bodies were cleared he was in the endzone LMAO!!!!

I didn't get much joy out of HS just went in got my grades, got my ACT and got the hell out early even. I like that I passed the AP english test and my ex girlfriend didn't she studied non stop, I didn't study once. She was pissed...........good times.

zimtwister is offline Coach

well i was kinda quiet so i just tried to hide- i was skinny and wore glasses and had terrible acne. not much friends no gf's no prom or dances.
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

So far in HS...my favorite memories are the stories that my Military History teacher told us last year (he quite possibly could be the funniest man alive). Other than that, freshman track season and the football games are probably the best memories.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Well, I have to start teaching on Sept. 1st so I really don't like to think about school but oh well.

Nothing beats the college dorms and the keg parties!! My first two years I lived in the dorms and played baseball and it was the best time of my life. Then my junior year we moved out and threw huge keggers, where my roommates and I would split a couple thousand dollars at the end of the night! Good times. Then my senior year came and I met my girlfriend (of 5 years now) and my life sucks now!! just kidding.

I would highly recommend going to college to anyone that is on the fence about it. Not only do you have the most fun of your life, but you also get an education and get lifelong friends from the experience. If you can, also stay in the dorms. Go far enough away from home so that your parents can't just drop in on a surprise visit, being on your own is just so great!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I'm not sure I'd call this my favorite memory, but it kind of sticks.

My parents live less than a block away from the High School in Warren, OH (Warren G. Harding High), so once I started there I walked to school, even after I got my license, because it was so close.

One morning my senior year I was walking to school. It had rained the night before, so it was wet and the trees were still dripping water. I decided to leave about 7-8 minutes earlier than I normally would have.

Anyway, I'm about halfway up the street when I feel a drip on my head. At first I'm thinking, "it's water from the tree, that sucks".

So, I reach up to feel my head and I realize it is not water, but bird turd. I turned around and went back home to wash my hair again before making the trip again. On my way back through that set of trees, I swear the birds were all laughing at me.

Not my favorite memory, but sure to be one I'll never forget.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"JDogg926" wrote:

My parents live less than a block away from the High School in Warren, OH (Warren G. Harding High), so once I started there I walked to school, even after I got my license, because it was so close.

One morning my senior year I was walking to school. It had rained the night before, so it was wet and the trees were still dripping water. I decided to leave about 7-8 minutes earlier than I normally would have.

Anyway, I'm about halfway up the street when I feel a drip on my head. At first I'm thinking, "it's water from the tree, that sucks".

So, I reach up to feel my head and I realize it is not water, but bird turd. I turned around and went back home to wash my hair again before making the trip again. On my way back through that set of trees, I swear the birds were all laughing at me.

So THAT'S why you wear the Batman cowl anytime you are outside your house! LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"JDogg926" wrote:

Yuck. A bird shat on my dad's shoulder once.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:

So THAT'S why you wear the Batman cowl anytime you are outside your house! LOL
    No, I just do that for fun.........and to protect my secret identity.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I start school on Saturday.

I don't know if I have one favorite. I guess my favorite would have to be the process of winning my wife over. She was playing hard to get. I got straight D's and F's that semester and lost my scholorship. But my GPA was high enough I could still play sports. She felt bad for me so we hooked up. My grades went back to normal and I got my money back.

Lots of fun in the dorms.

HS, my favorite memory is beating the snot out of our biggest rival 56-14. I have that bad boy on film. Jeremy Watt was like 5'7 and about 320, the other team had the ball on their own 10. I hit the QB as he was throwing and he intercepted it (He was a DT)... now I have to tell you our coach would hook us up with free steak dinners if the defense scored some points.

We all wanted that steak, he owed us big time......Watt intercepted and instantly was covered by the other team he was dragging them yard by yard. By then all of us began pushing this huge jiggly butt pile towards the goal line. It all collapsed about the 2 yard line but Watt wanting that steak crawled over the goal line and when the bodies were cleared he was in the endzone LMAO!!!!

I didn't get much joy out of HS just went in got my grades, got my ACT and got the hell out early even. I like that I passed the AP english test and my ex girlfriend didn't she studied non stop, I didn't study once. She was pissed...........good times.
    I have a similar story...not QUITE as funny, though! My senior year, both my team and our rivals were undefeated (6-0) and ranked in state. It was their homecoming, so the game was in their stadium. They let us use the junior high gym to suit up, since the stadium was situated next to the field. The gym was actually built out of corrugated steel for both the walls and roof, so the walls were pretty thin. Our head coach (who is now in the LHSAA Hall of Fame) started kicking at one of the walls where he saw a seam between two sheets of metal and then one of the assistant coaches (who was also the wrestling coach) yelled to all of us to go and help him kick open a huge hole in the wall. Well, we peeled the two pieces of sheet metal open like the door of a tent and then the coaches lined us up single-file to prepare to head to the stadium. Needless to say, we were so fired up by that time that we roared into the stadium on a huge high...and then we proceeded to totally demolish our biggest rivals, scoring the first 40 points before they could even get into the end zone (they scored two late TDs on our JV, when the game was no longer in doubt). The next day, at the film session, Coach showed us a bill for the damage to the gym, but he laughed and said that it was the best money that he would ever spend! :lol:

The next week, we lost to another district team, 3-0 in overtime, so we very quickly were brought down to earth. That loss, however, was very timely, since it made us focus on what we need to do for the rest of the season. As some of you might already know, we didn't lose a game the rest of the way, eventually winning the AAA State Championship in the Superdome. And that memory, folks, will live with me for the rest of my life!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast