Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Farmer sends message to neighbors with car fence

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Funny stuff. Sure as heck someone will sue him. It reminds me of the people that build next to an airport and then complain about the airplane noise.
    Yeah, no doubt.
    It's like people who live out near O'Hare and beeyatch about the noise.
    Well, guess what, j~~~~~~s, the airport was there FIRST.
    The reason that the call-letters for O'Hare are ORD is because it was built IN AN OLD ORCHARD where there weren't any people!!!
    I didn't know that.
    Learn something new every day.

On that same interesting note, the Minneapolis/St Paul airport was originally a 2 1/2 mile race track called the Twin City Speedway.
    It only made it a couple of seasons before the Minnesota winters destroyed it.
    The speedway went bankrupt, and in 1914 the Minneapolis Aero Club acquired the property to use the mile long greenway as a landing strip.
    The rest is history...

The Minneapolis track had a sister track that was constructed around the same time and was supposed to be part of the same circuit.
    It is the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and hosts the Indianapolis 500 every Memorial Day.
    The Minneapolis 500 was the sister race proposed to be run every Labor day.
    It never happened...
    Ahh, yes, the wonder of the 3-hour layover in Chicago.
    You'd be amazed at what you can learn by wandering around the terminal.

And that's good stuff about the Minneapolis 500....I'd never heard that before, and I'm a big racing fan.
    Do you have any links so I can read up on that?

=Z=
    I learned it at the MANG base during a tour of the air history museum.
    They have (or at least had) a model of the original race track in there, along with some history on it.

Here are some links
    http://www.mnangmuseum.org
    http://www.mspairport.com/mac/organization/History.aspx
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneapolis-Saint_Paul_International_Airport
    That's cool.
    I've worked out at MSP for 7 years and never heard that before.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:

Hooper, Utah, resident Rhett Davis poses next to his car fence Thursday, July 31, 2008 in Hooper, Utah. Davis put up the 'fence' when his new neighbors refused to go in on putting up a real fence on the property line.

Funny stuff. Sure as heck someone will sue him. It reminds me of the people that build next to an airport and then complain about the airplane noise.
    That is funny.
    Maybe the city folk should just move back and put a tranquil rural mural on their wall so they don't have to deal with the accompanying country smells and nuances.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Prophet" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

Hooper, Utah, resident Rhett Davis poses next to his car fence Thursday, July 31, 2008 in Hooper, Utah. Davis put up the 'fence' when his new neighbors refused to go in on putting up a real fence on the property line.

That is funny.
    Maybe the city folk should just move back and put a tranquil rural mural on their wall so they don't have to deal with the accompanying country smells and nuances.
    Why is every one jumping on the neighbors, have they done any thing? It doesn't say they were complaining just they don't like everything about being next to a farm. Then this farmer decides to be a dick and piss them all off. Hell he's probably the one who sold the parcels of land to them so they could build so close to his farm, and now he doesn't like having neighbors.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

they want to live next to a farm, but don't want to deal with what comes with living next to a farm.
    What's not to jump on there.
    True they haven't officially done anything, but don't bitch about your own choices.
    If he decided to errect a bronze statue of himself on the very edge of his property, then maybe they have a case, but the smell, flies and dust were there before the neighbours moved.
    Thats like moving into an apartment in downtown Minny, and complaining because you don't like the traffic on Gamedays.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

That is funny.
    Why is every one jumping on the neighbors, have they done any thing? It doesn't say they were complaining just they don't like everything about being next to a farm. Then this farmer decides to be a dick and piss them all off. Hell he's probably the one who sold the parcels of land to them so they could build so close to his farm, and now he doesn't like having neighbors.
    I guess I'm just relating it with personal experiences.
    People want to have their place in the country and they're surprise that there are country smells and things going on on a farm that have been going on for over a 100 yrs before they carved out their little serene place.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12