Thread: "Fargo"

CVGVIKE is offline Pro-Bowler

"Fargo"

I rented "Fargo" and saw it for the first time last week. Although its been around since '95 or '96, I never saw it back then. Anyhow, it was a great movie (now one of my favorites)!! I think the Cohen brothers were just having some fun with it because they were raised in MN. I would say most of MN thought it was funny but I wonder if any of you Minnesotans were offended by it. If I was a native rural Minnesotan, I would have laughed at it.

And I thought Frances McDormand who played Marge Gunderson (the very pregnant cop) sounded like she had more of a Wisconsin accent. She sounds like one of the girls I work with who was originally from Appleton, WI.

"Fargo" is the best dark comedy I've seen. The Cohen brothers did a great job in mixing hilarious dialogue, murder, and drama into one film.

Now I'll have to go see Deliverance and see why people think Kentuckians are a bunch of inbred hillbillies.. :roll: .

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"Fargo"

I only saw one part in that movie, the part where they put the body through the tree shredder. Is that in that movie?

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

CVGVIKE is offline Pro-Bowler

"Fargo"

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I only saw one part in that movie, the part where they put the body through the tree shredder. Is that in that movie?
    Yep, sure is. You have to see the whole movie! :thumbright:

"Fargo"

Oh yaa, dat's one of my favorite movies...a must see. I've talked to friends and relatives who still live up in dat neck of da woods but dey really don't get it. jeez, I thought it was really funny. darn tootin. :wink:
    Even babies know the difference.

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

"Fargo"

Brilliant movie. Gotta love William H. Macy. Always plays the sad, pathetic, loser role. They shot the hotel scene at the end of the movie in my hometown of Forest Lake--got to watch some of the filming. It was a little weird driving to school because they had actually switched the city-population signs from Forest Lake to Fargo. I'm sure I wasn't the only one confused.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

ndakvikefan is offline Starter

"Fargo"

The odd thing about the movie was that the only part even filmed in north dakota was the very end when they got busted in the motel. That motel is just east of Bismarck. The closest the filming ever got to Fargo was the very beginning in the bar. That bar is in Moorhead I think.
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812