Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

FANTASY FOOTBALL QUESTION????

If you get a good one RB usually gives you the most points consistently. Plus they are at greater risk for injury than the other positions so it's also important to get a good backup RB. I usually use my first and maybe even second round picks on an RB unless a top QB or WR falls to me. I also draft my backup RB before I draft my starting TE and K...again, unless a top one becomes available.

Priest Holmes would be an excellent pick, but in my opinion Ladainian Tomlinson should be the top ranked fantasy player.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Timbo2st is offline Training Camp

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    If you get a good one RB usually gives you the most points consistently. Plus they are at greater risk for injury than the other positions so it's also important to get a good backup RB. I usually use my first and maybe even second round picks on an RB unless a top QB or WR falls to me. I also draft my backup RB before I draft my starting TE and K...again, unless a top one becomes available.

Priest Holmes would be an excellent pick, but in my opinion Ladainian Tomlinson should be the top ranked fantasy player.

I PICKED PRIEST HOLMES AS MY 1ST PICK LAST YEAR AND IT WORKED OUT GREAT WITH THE TOUCHDOWN RECORD!! :cheers:

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: FANTASY FOOTBALL QUESTION????

You have to take RB with your first pick and I would advise to use your 2nd on another good RB.

Here is my reasoning: There are usually about 8-10 really good fantasy Rb's in a season. If you can get 2 of those RB's, you will have a strong team and cripple your opponents. Look at the average fantasy points scored by the #1 fantasy QB and the #10 fantasy QB, the difference will be much smaller between the QB's than it would between the #1 RB and the #10 RB. The same can be said for the WR's. If you can get 1 more good RB than you can start, you will have one of the best teams, no matter how good your QB's and WR's are. If you can start 2 RB's, try to get 3 good RB's early in the draft. Last year I was in an eight team league and i picked priest, ahman green, and stephen davis with my first 3 picks. While everyone else was wasting picks on WR's, QB's, Te's and D's, I was getting an awesome backfield and giving them very few Rb's to split between them. Needless to say, I easily won the league championship and their money, and will definitely be playing with them again this year.

You can always find quality WR's and QB's later in the draft. Yes, they won't score as many points as Moss and daunte would, but their differnece with those 2 players will be much much less than say a priest holmes vs a tiki barber or another RB you would have to settle for later in the draft.

Fantasy football is all about RB's Rb's Rb's. Get a good group of RB's and you will have a top team. There are always a ton of WR's, QB's, TE's, and D's that you can find late in the draft or in FA, that weren't expected to do as good as they did.

Also, take a look at the top 10 RB's, QB's, and WR's taken in fantasy drafts last year, and you will see that a lot of those QB's and WR's weren't anywhere near the top 10 in fantasy points at their position. What you will see, is that pretty much all of the 10 RB's, if they stayed healthy, were in or near the top 10 in fantasy points for RB's.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

very well put, muchluv!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    very well put, muchluv!

Thanks. I think it is pretty obvious that I am a fantasy football nut. Hey, I make money on it every year, so of coarse I love to do it.

Boys and Girls Are we going to have fun this year RB'S RB'S RB's

Purple Pride Fantasy Football 2004-2005
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

ManODaHour is offline Waterboy

"casper" wrote:
    Purple Pride Fantasy Football 2004-2005
    Is this still alive? Any way I can jump in this year? I was disappointed I didn't get in last year. Please keep me in the loop: [email protected]
    SKOL! VIKINGS!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I picked Priest Holmes, Ahman green and Peyton Manning last year, lol.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12