Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Timbo2st is offline Training Camp

FANTASY FOOTBALL QUESTION????

IM IN A FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE AND I'M ABOUT TO PICK THE PLAYERS NEXT WEEK......I WAS WONDERING WHAT POSTION WOULD YOU TAKE FOR THE FIRST PICK..

WOULD YOU TAKE A ..

QUARTERBACK
    RUNNING BACK
    WIDE RECIEVER

I'M THINKING OF TAKING A RUNNING BACK FOR MY FIRST PICK..MAYBE PRIEST HOLMES..

SO PICK A POSITION AND THE PLAYER THAT YOU WOULD PICK 1ST

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

fantasy football

I would take a wide receiver - there are PLENTY of running backs available (they're a dime-a-dozen during the season). Take someone like Moss, Harrison...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Running Back! I learned last year doing the WR deal.

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Running back unless you are near the bottom of the 1st round, then take a WR like Moss, or take a QB like Manning or Vick.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

I would Take a RB, if you are near the bottom get a good QB, but don't get Vick! there is a very high chance of him getting hurt again, I believe that Yahoo ranked Culpepper the highest out of QB's. And there is a forum on here some where stating reasons pep would be better than Vick for your fantasy team.

Depends on the scoring system. I usually go RB first no matter what the system is and try to get 2 studs and a maybe. I have been lucky and my maybes have turned into trade bait later in the year to upgrade my WR. The way I pick running backs the last few years I feel like Shannahan!! (I hope it keeps up)
    The truth? You can t handle the truth!!

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

depends on how the scoring in your league is i would take a qb or rb they usually get the most pts but moss had some games where he got me more than the qb and rb but i would go with qb or rb
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

RB because they usually get you the most points. There guaranteed to touch the ball 15-20times agame.

But if your later in the round pick a qb or wr

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

It really depends on how the scoring system in your league is set up...how many pts. for TDs, yardage gained, maybe bonus pts. for long plays, etc.

USUALLY - You'll take a RB for the reasons stated. There are 7-8 top RBs in terms of FFL scoring, and then there is a fairly dramatic drop in production between that top group and the next echelon. Similarly with WRs, there are a very small group of 3-6 WRs who are head and shoulders above everyone else. Same with the QBs...a handful are much better than the rest. It depends on how many teams there are in your league, what draft pick you have, when your 2nd and 3rd picks are, etc.

Priest Holmes will probably be among the top 4 or 5 players selected in any FFL, so if you don't have a pick that high there is a great chance he will already be gone. Of course, there are always new stars that will have great seasons that few predicted, and established stars that will flop. I'd say the top echelon at the major positions are:

RB - Tomlinson, Holmes, Portis, Green, McAllister, Alexander, Lewis (if legal problems don't sideline him)

WR - R. Moss, Harrison, Owens, Holt

QB - Manning, Culpepper, Favre

Note that in a scoring system that gives bonus points for long TDs, Randy Moss could wind up being a top 5 pick.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

It depends on how the league scores points, but I would try to get a RB first, then QB and then a WR. In the leagues that I have played in, RBs get the most points and WRs have a hard time getting a lot of points unless they score TDs.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast