Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Fantasy Baseball

Hey all,

I was just curious of there were many of you that played fantasy baseball. Yes, I have...I've been a commish for years, but in Wisconsin, where our professional baseball team is little more than a AAAA team for the rich teams, there isn't a lot of people who like to play it.

I personally don't watch a lot of baseball, either. I like it in person, and I like the playoffs, but I will admit that the whole steroid and disparity in revenue things have me a little turned off to MLB.

That stated, I still like fantasy baseball, if just for the fun of stats and setting lineups and such. My league folded about three seasons ago due to lack of owners, we (two buddies and I) took a year off, then joined in another online league last season. We've resigned from it because we miss the in-person draft.

I was curious if anyone knew if Minneapolis had more of a fantasy baseball community. One of my buddies actually lives in St. Cloud now, so for us to meet up in Minneapolis isn't a big thing, especially for a draft or auction.

Just curious. If you're like me, you get twitchy waiting for fantasy football to start up again and you like to have something to follow until September.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

Fantasy Baseball

There are too many games in baseball. None of them seem important until the last month or two.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

JTSnow is offline Pro-Bowler

Fantasy Baseball

"Bdubya" wrote:
    There are too many games in baseball. None of them seem important until the last month or two.
    thats what i like about baseball, you can start out 0-5 and still easily make the play-offs. In football if you start out at 0-5 your pretty much doomed.
    [img:4c22618921]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:4c22618921].

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

Fantasy Baseball

"JTSnow" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    thats what i like about baseball, you can start out 0-5 and still easily make the play-offs. In football if you start out at 0-5 your pretty much doomed.
    It's the exact opposite reason for me. I like the sense of urgency that NFL teams need to have, which is even better in college football.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Fantasy Baseball

Yeah, I've played it before - it's fun.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Fantasy Baseball

I used to play it when I was younger (middle school) when the stakes were very low and I followed the game much more closely. I would love to do it, but I really can't afford it!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

Fantasy Baseball

"Bdubya" wrote:
    "JTSnow" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    It's the exact opposite reason for me. I like the sense of urgency that NFL teams need to have, which is even better in college football.
    Like the Saints, they screwed around too much in the first couple of games in the season, then they turned it on at the end and didnt make the playoffs.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Fantasy Baseball

Yeah I really like fantasy baseball. I've been playing it for several years now and it does take more of your time than fantasy football, but I'm a huge baseball fan so I usually keep up with all the stats anyway. None of my friends or coworkers play so I have to join the public leagues.

By the way I didn't know until recently there is also Fantasy NASCAR. A friend of mine plays that and I laughed when he told me about it...but I guess it makes sense, with fantasy leagues for just about every other sport. Anyone on here play it?
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Fantasy Baseball

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Fantasy Baseball

I've played some fantasy baseball before...not very good at it b/c I haven't followed baseball in past years, but I'm actually following it this year, so I should do better.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast