Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan loyalty

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

Fan loyalty

I was watching the Miami Heat vs. New Jersey Nets game tonight, and it gave me an idea for this thread. If you were watching this game then you know Nets were blowing out the Heat, for pretty much the entire game. And then some fans in Miami Heat fans, started leaving the game early.

I hate when people do this, I hate when fans leave the game before it's over, just because their team is getting blown out. Anyone can support a team when their dominating, but it takes a real fan to support their team through countless losing seasons.

My roomate is a huge Pistons fan(actually he roots for ALL detroit sports teams) and we were at game 3, when the Bucks blew out the Pistons by 20 at the Bradley Center. He started to get annoyed by all the Bucks fans that were surrounding him, and he knew the game was probably over, so he decided to leave early.

Now I know that most of the times when a team is being blown out, they usually don't make an unbelievable comeback, but every now and then, it happens. Do any of you remember the Monday Night Football game between the Jets and Dolphins? The Dolphins were up like 23-7 over the Jets at halftime, somehow, the Jets came all the way back and won in overtime. And all those Jets fans that left the game before it was over, should be ashamed of themselves.

This is something that I would never do, I don't care if my team is losing 0-30, I'm still going to be their supporting them.

So I guess my question is, do you continue to watch your team, even when their being blown out?

And please be honest because I know their are a lot of fans out their, who give up on their team, before the game is officially over.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Fan loyalty

Would you still drool over Kobe if he took 3 shots in the second half?

JK! :razz:

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

I guess I am a true fan becasue I watched whole Fing 40-0 blowout against the Giants.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I have never left a football game in the 3rd or middle of the 4th quarter. pre-season or regular.

I left one game with under 2 minutes to go once. I believe it was the Steeler game last year. Otherwise, I usually wait until the crowds thin down after a game.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I think it's rude to leave the stadium, but to walk away from the TV, I don't think is that big of a deal if you're that disgusted. I always watch every agonizing minute, but my dad is a huge fan as well, has been for 45 years, and he walked away from the Giants game in 2000 after they went down 14-0 because he knew it was over. I think it just depends upon your personality. I don't think it makes you less or more of a fan either way.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    I think it's rude to leave the stadium, but to walk away from the TV, I don't think is that big of a deal if you're that disgusted. I always watch every agonizing minute, but my dad is a huge fan as well, has been for 45 years, and he walked away from the Giants game in 2000 after they went down 14-0 because he knew it was over. I think it just depends upon your personality. I don't think it makes you less or more of a fan either way.
    I would never walk away from a game live but I will walk away from the TV just because I am really supersticious about football. Then I will not be able to bare not watching the game so I will return only to have the game piss me off even more. :sad:

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

I remember the days when the Vikes would pull a win out in the last seconds of the game!

So I got in the habit of never giving up until the clock runs out, whether I'm there at the game or watching on TV!!
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

You can be a true fan and still walk away, it just depends on how pissed your getting at the time. I don't know if its worth having a stroke over.

Redrouster is offline Pro-Bowler

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    I would never walk away from a game live but I will walk away from the TV just because I am really supersticious about football. Then I will not be able to bare not watching the game so I will return only to have the game piss me off even more. :sad:
    I could never leave a live game either but I could see that if you are a fan and your team is getting blown out bad ,you might want to leave. After all, it is painful to watch your team get destroyed.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

I always finish watching the Vikings and Lakers games no matter how bad they are being blown out. I have never not finished watching a game.

By the way did you notice how almost every single person in the Miami Heat crowd was wearing a white shirt? They must have handed out shirts at the doors to the fans or something.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast