Thread: Expos to DC

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Expos to DC

Well Washington DC will finally get their first baseball team since the Senators left many years ago to become the Minnesota Twins. The Montreal Expos will be heading there. It's about time.

When you only have a couple thousand people attending the games it's a pretty good clue nobody in the city gives a crap about baseball. I hope people in DC attend the games, because the new stadium will be funded mostly with taxpayer money.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Expos to DC

Interesting even though i hate baseball. Suprised canada even got two mlb teams in the first place unlike the nba which only had the raptors.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Expos to DC

I found out that after the Senators became the Minnesota Twins, Washington came up with another team called the Senators and then they moved to Texas.

Hint to the Expos: don't rename yourselves the Senators or you'll probably move again pretty soon.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Expos to DC

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    Interesting even though i hate baseball. Suprised canada even got two mlb teams in the first place unlike the nba which only had the raptors.

The Grizz were in canada were in Canada before they moved to Memphis so they had to teams.
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Expos to DC

Baltimore's owner is not going to be a happy guy! The new DC team will be less than forty miles from were they play and could still some of their fan base.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Expos to DC

I, for one, am elated that DC finally got a baseball team again. I am now able to lift my lifetime ban of supporting Peter Angelos' Baltimore Orioles. This self imposed ban was to be in effect until Angelos agreed not to stand in the way of a team (namely the Expos) moving here to the DC area. Once he agreed to this I was able to attend a game at Camden Yards. Fortunately for me, right after I found out that an agreement was in place, four tickets in my firm's field box at Camden Yards came available. Without any encumberances, I quickly snapped them up and was able to enjoy for the first time the spectacular atmosphere of a game at Oriole Park. To top it all off, they even won tonight. Go Senators 3.0!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Expos to DC

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Baltimore's owner is not going to be a happy guy! The new DC team will be less than forty miles from were they play and could still some of their fan base.
    Baltimore's owner (Peter Angelos) is going to be a very happy guy after he railroaded more concessions from everyone involved than anyone would be entitled to in his position. He is essentially guaranteed that he will not lose money for as long as he owns the team, no matter how badly he manages his team (trust me, he sucks as an owner).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE