Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Exciting PS3 News!!

99$ is insane, but i also recall reading that that article said "Don't expect games to be 99$" it said that games would be like 59.99 mabye a bit more, but never did it say they WOULD be 99$. IF games end up being 99$, then i won't buy one for a couple of years.

NDVikingsFan is offline Waterboy

I'm gonna get the PS3, as I want the blu ray. I know my PS2 is still running and got that 10 months after it was released. Also, all the games i have and being that they will play the PS2 games make it a no brainer for me.
    "And the Silence you hear is Lambeau Field" - Bob Trumpy in the 2003 Playoffs

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"vikenheel_zdl16" wrote:
    Playstation OWNS ALL
    agreed
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

I'll be getting a PS3 when I have the chance because I like to be loyal to the one I like and I enjoy Metal Gear Solid.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

"V-Unit" wrote:
    "Wiggles67" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    visuals on both systems are going to be absolutely identical..its already been proven by numerous number crunchers and software designers all over the internet..who the heck would want to pay 99$ for a game that will not look any better in any way than a 360 game that will cost 59$..nice move sony, it goes along with the 599$ price tag on your system..idiots..sony should also try putting out actual gameplay footage rather than the constant pre-rendered movies that they have been showing to try and tease people into thinking their stuff will look better..not fooling anyone
    This is so far from the truth its not even funny. My dad works for IBM and is actually part of the team that is developing this Cell technology. Just from the demos I have seen on the power this thing has is truly amazing.

The reason the games are going to cost more is because the programmers have never written code for multiple processors. So the time being invested in these is a lot more than your typical game. This price will drop as soon as the programming is all figured out.

The PS3 will absolutely blow the 360 out of the water for what it is capable of it. But it all comes down to the software, whatever system can get the better line of games in place will be the winner. It wont come down to what one can or cannot do.
    Exactly. 360 is beating PS3 in the software department too. At E3 Microsoft was able to display a full set of second generation games for their system, but everyone was asking Sony " What games are going to justify us buying this system?" Other than Metal Gear Solid and Resistance, there are few games that actually look fun which are solely for the PS3. Why sony chooses to further hurt itself by offering high price points is a mystery.

Although there may be good reasons for higher prices, when a main competitor is offering the same type of product for so much less, it will seem like Sony is trying to rip people off.

I intend to make the decision on which system to buy based on the games alone. I could give two poohies about graphics, because the only thing that matters is gameplay. However, if I am going to be spending upwards of $500 in a gaming system, I am going to make sure I make the right decision. I don't think Sony will be able to entice true gamers with multiple USB hookups and superior graphics. You play games if they are fun to play.

Oh yeah I also care about durability. Let's face it, both the 360 and the PS3 are going to break in 4 years anyways. My NES, SNES, N64, and Gamecube still work, but I have gone through two PS2s and an XBOX.
    I'm an Unreal Tournament fan and that is PC and PS3 exclusive as of right now

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "vikenheel_zdl16" wrote:
    Playstation OWNS ALL
    I'm convinced now. I will abandon my XBox 360 and only play PS2 and PS3.

*sarcasm off*

Anywho...99 dollars for a game is just absolutey insane. I mean, I have a hard time dropping 60 for a 360 game. 600 dollars for a system and another 99 for a game is just crazy. Sony is on crack, IMO.
    The game better be very realistic if I'm going to pay $99 for it. That's just nuts.
    The thing is, the graphics might be good, but you're not going to see really realistic graphics for another generation or so...at least not anything that is worth 99 bucks.

I've also read and heard that a lot of developers are jumping ship with the PS3 because programming for it is difficult and it takes too much time and money to make it feasible.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I think I'm just gonna buy Metal Gear Solid 4 for PS3, and go to my friends houses and play it on their systems.

I can't afford what they're saying it will cost.

BradTheMan14 is offline Starter

i hope santa gets me a ps3 or 360 cuz i cant afford one lol
    Q: At your age, can you handle a full season?
    A: I m 37, number one. I took my family to Perkins a couple of days ago, and they didn t hand me a senior citizens discount card, so I feel pretty good.
    (Brad Johnson at an interview before the start of the season)

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "vikenheel_zdl16" wrote:
    Playstation OWNS ALL
    I'm convinced now. I will abandon my XBox 360 and only play PS2 and PS3.

*sarcasm off*

Anywho...99 dollars for a game is just absolutey insane. I mean, I have a hard time dropping 60 for a 360 game. 600 dollars for a system and another 99 for a game is just crazy. Sony is on crack, IMO.
    The game better be very realistic if I'm going to pay $99 for it. That's just nuts.
    The thing is, the graphics might be good, but you're not going to see really realistic graphics for another generation or so...at least not anything that is worth 99 bucks.

I've also read and heard that a lot of developers are jumping ship with the PS3 because programming for it is difficult and it takes too much time and money to make it feasible.
    Everyone wants games to be more and more real, do they think programming it will be easy? Those programmers need to stfu and actually do some thinking and some work. I was in a game programming class at Case Western Reserve Univeristy and I know that programming is tough sh!t. It's very hard, but if you're getting paid a salary to do it and have a contract (i'm assuming) with Sony to do it, then own up and make a name for you and your company as pioneers and trailblazers, those pussy ass bitches.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

All I know is that the next GTA is on Xbox as soon as it's on PS3, and that is the best game usually for either sytem, and thus there is no reason to go with PS3 for that reason this time.

I'm looking forward to Chrome hounds, Madden 07, Gears of War, Prey, Halo 3, GTA on top of Oblivion...and it's really a no brainer to me.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234