Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re:ESPN suspends Kornholio

VikingMike wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Sounds like he got suspended for speaking the truth.
    That makes sense in today's world of journalism.

As opposed to that idiot Steve Phillips who couldn't keep it in his pants.
    I'm not bummed about it, listening to cornholio cover a game is pure torture.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Bubba Jed wrote:
    What is it recently with all these ESPN analysts getting into trouble and getting either temporarily or permanently removed from their duties?
    Their owned by Disney, so I'm guessing they don't want to tarnish their squeaky-clean image.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Prophet wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Sounds like he got suspended for speaking the truth.
    That makes sense in today's world of journalism.

As opposed to that idiot Steve Phillips who couldn't keep it in his pants.
    I'm not bummed about it, listening to cornholio cover a game is pure torture.

Oh me neither, he's just a talking moron...
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

C Mac D wrote:
    Bubba Jed wrote:
    What is it recently with all these ESPN analysts getting into trouble and getting either temporarily or permanently removed from their duties?
    Their owned by Disney, so I'm guessing they don't want to tarnish their squeaky-clean image.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus wrote:
    vikinggreg wrote:
    See what happens when you guess a cougars age at 50? and she is only 48.
    The rumor (from Deadspin) is that the REAL reason he was suspended is because he called Berman fat on the air. Not by name, but alluded to an ESPN personality who lost a bunch of weight and then gained it all back.

=Z=
    He tore into ESPN anchor Hannah Storm for an outfit she wore:

[It was] a horrifying, horrifying outfit. She's got on red go-go boots and a Catholic school plaid skirt... way too short for somebody in her 40s or maybe early 50s by now. She's got on her typically very, very tight shirt. She looks like she has sausage casing wrapping around her upper body... I know she's very good, and I'm not supposed to be critical of ESPN people, so I won't. But Hannah Storm, come on now! Stop! What are you doing?... She's what I would call a Holden Caulfield fantasy at this point.
    http://gothamist.com/2010/02/24/espns_kornheiser_suspended_for_tras.php

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

C Mac D wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    vikinggreg wrote:
    The rumor (from Deadspin) is that the REAL reason he was suspended is because he called Berman fat on the air. Not by name, but alluded to an ESPN personality who lost a bunch of weight and then gained it all back.

[It was] a horrifying, horrifying outfit. She's got on red go-go boots and a Catholic school plaid skirt... way too short for somebody in her 40s or maybe early 50s by now. She's got on her typically very, very tight shirt. She looks like she has sausage casing wrapping around her upper body... I know she's very good, and I'm not supposed to be critical of ESPN people, so I won't. But Hannah Storm, come on now! Stop! What are you doing?... She's what I would call a Holden Caulfield fantasy at this point.
    I know that. I've known that for a week. I'm so far ahead of the story that the story has already given up hope for the gold medal.

As I wrote - the NEW rumor is that ESPN suspended him because he essentially called Berman fat.

http://deadspin.com/5478363/espns-tony-kornheiser-suspension--more-about-chris-berman

One source claims that the real no-no came about halfway through Kornheiser's rant about the appropriateness of Storm's go-go boot and sausage-casing ensemble: a thinly-veiled shot at the over-sized Swami was what may have forced Norby to hit the eject button:

These comments were made about the 1:05 portion of Kornheiser's rant:

"I know I'm not supposed to be critical of ESPN people, like if I point out that people say that they lost 50 or 60 pounds have actually gained all the weight back..." (Co-host interrupts: "And then some. Gained the weight back, back, back, back.")
    And this:

http://deadspin.com/5478645/kornheiser-gets-two+week-suspension-for-on+air-comments-and-other-things-of-note?skyline=true&s=i

But why was Kornheiser's punishment so severe? People who have worked closely with ESPN higher-ups throughout their career point to Norby's close relationship with Berman. Meaning, Berman's a made guy. Here's a quote that, unfortunately, cannot be attributed to anyone because these are the type of concessions we make to disclose larger truths about Bristol High, but it says a lot: "You're forced to apologize if you make fun of Hannah Storm. You get suspended if you make fun of Chris Berman."
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    vikinggreg wrote:

I know that. I've known that for a week. I'm so far ahead of the story that the story has already given up hope for the gold medal.

As I wrote - the NEW rumor is that ESPN suspended him because he essentially called Berman fat.

http://deadspin.com/5478363/espns-tony-kornheiser-suspension--more-about-chris-berman

One source claims that the real no-no came about halfway through Kornheiser's rant about the appropriateness of Storm's go-go boot and sausage-casing ensemble: a thinly-veiled shot at the over-sized Swami was what may have forced Norby to hit the eject button:

"I know I'm not supposed to be critical of ESPN people, like if I point out that people say that they lost 50 or 60 pounds have actually gained all the weight back..." (Co-host interrupts: "And then some. Gained the weight back, back, back, back.")
    And this:

http://deadspin.com/5478645/kornheiser-gets-two+week-suspension-for-on+air-comments-and-other-things-of-note?skyline=true&s=i

But why was Kornheiser's punishment so severe? People who have worked closely with ESPN higher-ups throughout their career point to Norby's close relationship with Berman. Meaning, Berman's a made guy. Here's a quote that, unfortunately, cannot be attributed to anyone because these are the type of concessions we make to disclose larger truths about Bristol High, but it says a lot: "You're forced to apologize if you make fun of Hannah Storm. You get suspended if you make fun of Chris Berman."
    =Z=
    ESPN even came out and said it was because of what he said about Hannah. So, I think I'll go with what they say.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Zeus wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    vikinggreg wrote:

And this:

=Z=
    If you get in trouble with Berman you just have to give him a hand full of "deux deux deux" and all is good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0q4oibfs9g

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Tony is ok on PDI, but should never do anything else but his 30minutes. No writing, no other TV, and for the love of God and for the sake of our children never EVER let him be involved in any way for a live sporting event of any kind.
    We're bringing purple back.

C Mac D wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    vikinggreg wrote:

And this:

=Z=
    ESPN even came out and said it was because of what he said about Hannah. So, I think I'll go with what they say.
    Ha! The conspiracy guy is going with the pundits. You are growing old and weak. Break out the tinfoil hat and pumpkin head before it is too late!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast