Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: ESPN lays a big egg on Mondays Opening Night.....

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Several things upset me about the broadcast besides the obvious things already mentioned...
    First was the lack of good replays.
    Second was the lack of different shots from various angles. I think they only had three cameras on the game and one of those was focused on Tom Cruise and the other at Kornhole and Theismann.
    Third was the fact that Kornhole doesn't have a great mind for football. He blathers about everything but football. How the heck did they come up with this guy.
    And lastly, Theismann is a "homer." But then playing for the Redskins and being in the "Hall of Fame" was else would you would expect? He should be banned from doing Redskins games.
    Just like Aikman and Daryl Johnston should be banned from doing Cowturd games!
    As a matter of fact, there should be a rule, call it the "Joe Theismann Rule" (he would LOVE that), where NO former player can call games of his former team...at least until he has established a reputation of being non-biased (Joe's ban would be lifetime...LOL)
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Json is offline GM

I don't mind any of the commentators.
    Madden, Theisman, Kornhole, Al Michaels, etc.
    I pay way more attention to the game then I do to there analysts.
    Not only that but these guys are going to make mistakes they are only human and they are speaking during live action.
    Anyway, they don't bother me at all.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I will tolerate him for the fact that he keeps calling theisman to explain his idiotic rants
    I agree he does make Theisman explain his wild comments.

I do like Tony K and PTI.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Top_Speed is offline Starter

-Jamie Foxx was definately skew'd in his comments, he sucked especially if you were a Viking fan, I'm sure the Skins fans didn't mind him.

-Tony, Tony, Tony... just doesn't belong in that live braodcast booth. I still like Paul McGuire as a color man and this guy still works cheap!

-I'm getting use to Theismann, so he's now gone to just 'OK' in my book.

-Tirico is very good. Knowledgable about the players as it can get. The man uses no cheat sheets!
    Home Sweet Dome...

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Several things upset me about the broadcast besides the obvious things already mentioned...
    First was the lack of good replays.
    Second was the lack of different shots from various angles. I think they only had three cameras on the game and one of those was focused on Tom Cruise and the other at Kornhole and Theismann.
    Third was the fact that Kornhole doesn't have a great mind for football. He blathers about everything but football. How the heck did they come up with this guy.
    And lastly, Theismann is a "homer." But then playing for the Redskins and being in the "Hall of Fame" was else would you would expect? He should be banned from doing Redskins games.
    Just like Aikman and Daryl Johnston should be banned from doing Cowturd games!
    As a matter of fact, there should be a rule, call it the "Joe Theismann Rule" (he would LOVE that), where NO former player can call games of his former team...at least until he has established a reputation of being non-biased (Joe's ban would be lifetime...LOL)

Not saying this because he is a Great Viking but Chris Carter seems to be non-biased when it comes to calling a game for what it is......

But I have to say, and not sticking up for anyone, must be hard to be non-biased if you once played your career for a team and you get to call a game of theirs...

I'de probably get caught doing the same if I could commentate a Vikings Game....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    I know, just bustin' your cookies a little.
    I like good commenatry also but do we have a Howard Cossell, NO!
    You live with what God gave ya.
    Would people be happy with good commmetary and a loss?
    I am glad I got to see the ViKES GO into fedex field and play a playoff team tough and win a close game.
    We haven't seen that since Cunningham was at the helm.
    I don't think many fans realize just how big that win was on the road against a playoff caliber team.
    If we had Culpooper that would ahve been a loss, with about five ints.
    That was a very good D we just beat.
    And our offense looked good, considering we have a new new head coach, new OC, new line, new RBS, and new WR who are unproven.
    They are missing the beauty of that game quibbling over a few cromagnun men!
    Somehow I thought this thread was about the coverage of the game. The game was great.
    Maybe they could have shown more replays on important plays like penalties and such if they weren't showing themselves and their hollywood buddies so much.
    And Thiesman is very much like Howard Cosell. Cosell was the prototypical bandwagon announcer. He had the capacity to flip flop to pump up which ever team was winning like a fish on land. Thiesman is a big pumper.
    I loved the game though.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

My dad and I were discussing this before, I think Chris Berman, and his crew would be much better commentators then pretty much any other group that are out there right now, who doesn't like them?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    I know, just bustin' your cookies a little.
    I like good commenatry also but do we have a Howard Cossell, NO!
    But if we had a Howard Cosell on Monday night FB, He wouldn't be showing clips of a Vikings win on Sunday at half-time. I still remember he rarely ever showed the Vikings during his half time clips, unless they lost.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    Wow, what a bunch of whiners!!
    I could give a rats jiggly butt who is commentating the game.
    I think you guys are spoiled because you get to see every Viking game.
    But from a fan who sees three or four at the most you guys need to lighten up.
    I barely remember the commentators anyway.
    I am concentrating on what down it is, what play they might call, who is on the field, and is the defense going to blitz and form where.
    On D the same thing!
    I would wathc the vikes every Monday night even if they had dogs barking in the background.
    So who cares if Theisman rants, of if CORNHOLE is horrible, enjoy your team that is what you are wathing the game for anyway!

I agree, I could really care less for the most part on what the announcers are saying, I'm sittin' there to watch our boys play and not really listen to them (I'm usually too loud and happy/pissed off after each play anyways to hear them!).

The one comment that Cornholio made was on the skins first offensive play where he said he had moss on his fantasy team and he wanted to see big plays from him or something! So much for not showing favortism!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Prophet Guest

One of the few comments I enjoyed that Cornholer made was referring to his fantasy football team.
    That cracked me up, what a buffoon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast