Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: ESPN lays a big egg on Mondays Opening Night.....

Cornhole is an idiot. Almost all of his comments have some huge exagerration on it... "It took two weeks for the ball to get there..." And what the heck is up with all the non football talk or graphics that are covering the screen while the plays are going. Introducing the team is fine but when it interferes with the game its unacceptable. The production on ESPN is lousy. So many times they are showing shots of Tom Cruise, or the commentator crew. I swear it had to have been 60/40 between showing actual game play and stuff having nothing to do with whats on the field. F- to ESPN. Oh and their HD sucks. Fox and NBC look waaaaay better in HD. So much artifacting and grainyness in the image...

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Wow, what a bunch of whiners!!
    I could give a rats ass who is commentating the game.
    I think you guys are spoiled because you get to see every Viking game.
    But from a fan who sees three or four at the most you guys need to lighten up.
    I barely remember the commentators anyway.
    I am concentrating on what down it is, what play they might call, who is on the field, and is the defense going to blitz and form where.
    On D the same thing!
    I would wathc the vikes every Monday night even if they had dogs barking in the background.
    So who cares if Theisman rants, of if CORNHOLE is horrible, enjoy your team that is what you are wathing the game for anyway!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I didn't like the fact that they were showing shots of the commentating crew when i wanted to be seeing the players, and I wish they did more announcing than opinioning, but over all I was not as disappointed as I expected to be.

On a scale from madden to 10, I give them a 5.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

Jamie Foxx was the most annoying part for me, because he was so pro Redskin it was rediculous. Then when Cornhole was trying to say that 15 yard facemask was "because of his reputation" was just flat out idiotic.

Del Rio Guest

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    Wow, what a bunch of whiners!!
    I could give a rats jiggly butt who is commentating the game.
    I think you guys are spoiled because you get to see every Viking game.
    But from a fan who sees three or four at the most you guys need to lighten up.
    I barely remember the commentators anyway.
    I am concentrating on what down it is, what play they might call, who is on the field, and is the defense going to blitz and form where.
    On D the same thing!
    I would wathc the vikes every Monday night even if they had dogs barking in the background.
    So who cares if Theisman rants, of if CORNHOLE is horrible, enjoy your team that is what you are wathing the game for anyway!
    Some people enjoy good commentating on the game. It adds to the game and helps people learn and keeps them informed. Just because you don't care, doesn't mean they are whiners and ungrateful.

It would be like going to a resturant and having someone screaching on a violin right by your ear. "You ungrateful bastards at least you were eating"

Exactly Del!
    Eat your gol 'darnit food and be happy you got some!!!
    I am glad someone gets it!!
    YOu saw your team on national TV and they won a close game and looked better than most people thought!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Del Rio Guest

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    Exactly Del!
    YOu saw your team on national TV and they won a close game and looked better than most people thought!
    Not exactly what I was going for but it's early and there is still coffee to be consumed.

Prophet Guest

"Del" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    Exactly Del!
    Not exactly what I was going for but it's early and there is still coffee to be consumed.

;D, this is the funniest thing I've read all day (I haven't read very much yet).
    The interpretations and intent are opposite extremes.

I know, just bustin' your cookies a little.
    I like good commenatry also but do we have a Howard Cossell, NO!
    You live with what God gave ya.
    Would people be happy with good commmetary and a loss?
    I am glad I got to see the ViKES GO into fedex field and play a playoff team tough and win a close game.
    We haven't seen that since Cunningham was at the helm.
    I don't think many fans realize just how big that win was on the road against a playoff caliber team.
    If we had Culpooper that would ahve been a loss, with about five ints.
    That was a very good D we just beat.
    And our offense looked good, considering we have a new new head coach, new OC, new line, new RBS, and new WR who are unproven.
    They are missing the beauty of that game quibbling over a few cromagnun men!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Several things upset me about the broadcast besides the obvious things already mentioned...
    First was the lack of good replays.
    Second was the lack of different shots from various angles. I think they only had three cameras on the game and one of those was focused on Tom Cruise and the other at Kornhole and Theismann.
    Third was the fact that Kornhole doesn't have a great mind for football. He blathers about everything but football. How the heck did they come up with this guy.
    And lastly, Theismann is a "homer." But then playing for the Redskins and being in the "Hall of Fame" was else would you would expect? He should be banned from doing Redskins games.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast