Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34
  1. #11
    Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,766

    Re: ESPN fires baseball analyst Reynolds

    Dang it! As mnvikes said, I only like Gammons and Reynolds. Why on earth would they get rid of him? There better be one heck of a reason.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

  2. #12
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: ESPN fires baseball analyst Reynolds

    "Bdubya" wrote:
    Dang it! As mnvikes said, I only like Gammons and Reynolds. Why on earth would they get rid of him? There better be one heck of a reason.
    He squeezed Stuart Scott's sack.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #13
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: ESPN fires baseball analyst Reynolds

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    Dang it! As mnvikes said, I only like Gammons and Reynolds. Why on earth would they get rid of him? There better be one heck of a reason.
    He squeezed Stuart Scott's sack.

    =Z=
    Is that why he always says Boo Yah?

  4. #14
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: ESPN fires baseball analyst Reynolds

    "westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    Dang it! As mnvikes said, I only like Gammons and Reynolds. Why on earth would they get rid of him? There better be one heck of a reason.
    He squeezed Stuart Scott's sack.

    =Z=
    Is that why he always says Boo Yah?
    Wouldn't you?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #15
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: ESPN fires baseball analyst Reynolds

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    Dang it! As mnvikes said, I only like Gammons and Reynolds. Why on earth would they get rid of him? There better be one heck of a reason.
    He squeezed Stuart Scott's sack.

    =Z=
    Is that why he always says Boo Yah?
    Wouldn't you?

    =Z=
    :lol:

  6. #16
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: ESPN fires baseball analyst Reynolds

    [size=18px]ESPN DUMPS REYNOLDS[/size]

    Though it has nothing to do with football, we were stunned to see that ESPN abruptly fired baseball analyst Harold Reynolds.

    So we poked around a little bit with some of our industry connections (yes, we have a few) to find out why Reynolds has gotten the boot.

    Here's what we learned.

    Reynolds recently had signed a new contract with ESPN, and was let go for "a fairly significant company violation." Fueled by rumors that we spotted on deadspin.com regarding the question of whether Reynolds had uttered phrases like "You're with me, leather" to one or more of his female co-workers, we pressed for more info, and our source told us that it was "definitely" a case of sexual harassment.

    Based on our legal experience, it's unusual for the employer to dump the alleged harasser, if there's any concern that the matter might end up in litigation. It becomes difficult for the company to claim that the allegations aren't valid if the company has fired the guy.

    Our guess? There must be some pretty damning evidence to prompt the network to move so quickly -- along the lines, say, of George Costanza's activities with the cleaning lady to whom he gave the sweater with the red spot. Otherwise, ESPN would have waited until a more natural point to sever the relationship.

    Also, given that Reynolds had recently signed a new contract, it's pretty clear that this is something that just, um, popped up.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  7. #17
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: ESPN fires baseball analyst Reynolds

    "You're with me, leather" ???????

  8. #18
    Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,766

    Re: ESPN fires baseball analyst Reynolds

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    [size=18px]ESPN DUMPS REYNOLDS[/size]

    Though it has nothing to do with football, we were stunned to see that ESPN abruptly fired baseball analyst Harold Reynolds.

    So we poked around a little bit with some of our industry connections (yes, we have a few) to find out why Reynolds has gotten the boot.

    Here's what we learned.

    Reynolds recently had signed a new contract with ESPN, and was let go for "a fairly significant company violation." Fueled by rumors that we spotted on deadspin.com regarding the question of whether Reynolds had uttered phrases like "You're with me, leather" to one or more of his female co-workers, we pressed for more info, and our source told us that it was "definitely" a case of sexual harassment.

    Based on our legal experience, it's unusual for the employer to dump the alleged harasser, if there's any concern that the matter might end up in litigation. It becomes difficult for the company to claim that the allegations aren't valid if the company has fired the guy.

    Our guess? There must be some pretty damning evidence to prompt the network to move so quickly -- along the lines, say, of George Costanza's activities with the cleaning lady to whom he gave the sweater with the red spot. Otherwise, ESPN would have waited until a more natural point to sever the relationship.

    Also, given that Reynolds had recently signed a new contract, it's pretty clear that this is something that just, um, popped up.
    HAROLD!
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

  9. #19
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: ESPN fires baseball analyst Reynolds

    Dang! I like Reynolds!

    Joe Morgan is a dope! They should've fired his ass.

  10. #20
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: ESPN fires baseball analyst Reynolds

    i like reynolds..that sucks..hopefully he can get his job back like hes saying hed like to
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. CBS fires Packer as college hoops analyst
    By COJOMAY in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 02:21 PM
  2. ESPN Analyst tears into Favre
    By StillPurple in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 03-16-2008, 07:44 PM
  3. Harold Reynolds canned!
    By C-PepNSalt in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-26-2006, 05:06 PM
  4. Favorite ESPN analyst
    By sdvikefan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-07-2005, 03:23 AM
  5. i see Burt Reynolds
    By pudgesoprano in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 11:40 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •