singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Epic trial involving Wilf vs partners in NJ starts

Epic trial involving Minnesota Vikings owner and partners in N.J. development starts in Morristown

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/05/epic_trial_involving_nj_develo.html

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Epic trial involving Wilf vs partners in NJ starts

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1097554
    Epic trial involving Minnesota Vikings owner and partners in N.J. development starts in Morristown

WOW! Potentially scandalous.

A bit of a tedious read, but every Vikings fan should have a better understanding of who their owner is.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1097562

A bit of a tedious read, but every Vikings fan should have a better understanding of who their owner is.
    Or isn't.

There are two parties. And to me, it sounds like the plaintiff is making some big accusations in hope of a settlement.

Maybe Cajun can come back and educate us a little bit on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1097563

Or isn't.

There are two parties. And to me, it sounds like the plaintiff is making some big accusations in hope of a settlement.

Just send him a PM, he's here more often than you think. He added a new friend just last Thur.

Today
    cajunvike and Bungalow Bill are now friends
    02:15 PM

6 months ago
    cajunvike and vikes2456 are now friends

Nov 07
    cajunvike
    and SkolPensacola are now friends

Nov 01
    cajunvike
    and jonj1 are now friends
    Oct 26

7 months ago
    cajunvike
    and Viking Dave are now friends
    Oct 09

cajunvike and spparkgrls are now friends
    Oct 01

8 months ago
    cajunvike
    and Musher63 are now friends

Sep 03
    cajunvike
    and Brakos are now friends

And this has been going on for 19 years. The lawyer fees must far exceed the monies sued for by now. :side:

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1097565

Or isn't.

Just send him a PM, he's here more often than you think. He added a new friend just last Thur.

Today
    cajunvike and Bungalow Bill are now friends
    02:15 PM

6 months ago
    cajunvike and vikes2456 are now friends

Nov 07
    cajunvike
    and SkolPensacola are now friends

Nov 01
    cajunvike
    and jonj1 are now friends
    Oct 26

7 months ago
    cajunvike
    and Viking Dave are now friends
    Oct 09

cajunvike and spparkgrls are now friends
    Oct 01

8 months ago
    cajunvike
    and Musher63 are now friends

Sep 03
    cajunvike
    and Brakos are now friends
    We PM from time to time. I know he's never been totally gone, but this is right up his alley, as far as I know.

Or isn't.

Did a little more research and it appears the Wilf's have already lost the suit. This portion of the suit is to determine damages, which shouldn't be much.

The link posted here was colored with slurs stating the Wilfs family ran "organised crime-type activities, and mentioned racketeering and the RICO act.

I suppose some would be suspicious of that sort of thing simply because they are from New Jersey.

Painting the Wilfs as some gangsters doesn't seem to be appropriate in this case.

Here's a link that tells the legal version of the story.

http://law.justia.com/cases/new-jersey/appellate-division-unpublished/2006/a5027-03-opn.html
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1097582

Or isn't.

Did a little more research and it appears the Wilf's have already lost the suit. This portion of the suit is to determine damages, which shouldn't be much.

The link posted here was colored with slurs stating the Wilfs family ran "organised crime-type activities, and mentioned racketeering and the RICO act.

I suppose some would be suspicious of that sort of thing simply because they are from New Jersey.

Painting the Wilfs as some gangsters doesn't seem to be appropriate in this case.

http://law.justia.com/cases/new-jersey/appellate-division-unpublished/2006/a5027-03-opn.html
    Those slurs are quotes from the plaintiff's lawyer's mouth, not the writer.

And being from New Jersey, I'm all too familiar with the stereotype, but typically it's not associated with German-born Jewish guys.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Hell, there isn't enough bad things associated with the club already so we might just as well pile some more on top. I wonder how much the league checked into this when the Wilf's were applying to the league to purchase the team? To me it might have raised a red flag or two.

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1097591
    Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1097582

Or isn't.

Those slurs are quotes from the plaintiff's lawyer's mouth, not the writer.

And being from New Jersey, I'm all too familiar with the stereotype, but typically it's not associated with German-born Jewish guys.
    I'm well aware of the source of those slurs. After reading the case I linked, it would seem naive to draw the conclusion the plaintiffs attorneys presented.
    Therefore, the authors presentation of the facts offers a sensationalized perspective which I think is unfair to the Wilfs.

The ruling stated the partnership was not propperly dissolved so the Wilfs lose the case. But there is no ruling of criminal action, RICO violation or racketeering.

BTW, does living in NJ give one special insight to the organized crime stereotype? I doubt it.
    Dilfer