Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Is this enlvikeman?

This is the kind of guy that all the other cops laugh at behind his back.. he's the kind of person who had no life at a young age and decided to become a cop in order to take out his past aggression on innocent skateboarding youths.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    This is the kind of guy that all the other cops laugh at behind his back.. he's the kind of person who had no life at a young age and decided to become a cop in order to take out his past aggression on innocent skateboarding youths.
    Exactly...

And as for Marrdro's comments... I can't believe you are even trying to blame the kids. How are they supposed to respect authority when the "authority" acts like that. This guy is a joke and should be fired... without question. What a joke.

What city is this in?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    Exactly...

And as for Marrdro's comments... I can't believe you are even trying to blame the kids. How are they supposed to respect authority when the "authority" acts like that. This guy is a joke and should be fired... without question. What a joke.

What city is this in?
    Baltimore, MD

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    Exactly...

What city is this in?
    [s]officer[/s]dude Salvatore Rivieri in action at the Inner Harbor.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Innocent? Where the kids not breaking the law & riding their skateboards illegally on the street/sidewalks?

It was the kids sassy lip & back talk that set the cop off, not the cops past life.

Had he just let the kids go & later one of them got hit by a car while riding their skateboards illegally on the street, who do you think the parents would have blamed or tried to sue?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:
    Exactly...

What city is this in?
    Who is blaming the kids.
    I am blaming the parents.
    Go back and re-read my post my friend.

Again, no disrespect to the single mom as she has a rough row to hoe, but were the hell is the male influence in this kids life.

Some people might like my take on this but if any man has the balls to go out and sire a child then he better damn well live up to his responsibilities and be a dad, even if he and the mother aren't together.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"singersp" wrote:
    Innocent? Where the kids not breaking the law & riding their skateboards illegally on the street/sidewalks?

It was the kids sassy lip & back talk that set the cop off, not the cops past life.

Had he just let the kids go & later one of them got hit by a car while riding their skateboards illegally on the street, who do you think the parents would have blamed or tried to sue?
    BINGO......Buy that man a cookie.
    At least someone on here has a clue.

I bet the dirtbag father who hasn't given a squat about the kid for most of his life would be leading the line to get his bucks as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Exactly...

What city is this in?
    Who is blaming the kids.
    I am blaming the parents.
    Go back and re-read my post my friend.

Again, no disrespect to the single mom as she has a rough row to hoe, but were the hell is the male influence in this kids life.

Some people might like my take on this but if any man has the balls to go out and sire a child then he better gol 'darnit well live up to his responsibilities and be a dad, even if he and the mother aren't together.
    You have to give respect to get respect... I like you Marrdo, but I think you're way off base here... I'm beginning to get the impression you think of all skateboarding teenagers as "punks"... when
    you start that sort of stereotype they are naturally going to respond with all old people and "figures of authority" are "insert any negative word here".
    Remember, you are far more mature then them at your age.
    If you are going to stereotype and look down at them
    you have got to rightly respect at their maturity state to react negatively and strongly against you.

I had male figures in my childhood, two actually being that my parents were divorced and both remarried.
    All 4 of my parents worked in law enforcement when I was a child and I STILL challenged authority and continue to.
    Carrying a badge does not earn you respect, it is how you represent yourself.
    I will lean towards respect if they offer me a reason but in many cases, such as the video, that does not happen and I refuse to respect a person just because they carry a piece of tin.

The cop could have handled the situation a million different ways, almost every one of those ways is better then what he did do.
    Was it his job to do something to protect the city and these kids, absolutely, but that doesn't give him free right to be a jackass and do anything he wants.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

You have to give respect to get respect... I like you Marrdo, but I think you're way off base here... I'm beginning to get the impression you think of all skateboarding teenagers as "punks"... when
    you start that sort of stereotype they are naturally going to respond with all old people and "figures of authority" are "insert any negative word here".
    Remember, you are far more mature then them at your age.
    If you are going to stereotype and look down at them
    you have got to rightly respect at their maturity state to react negatively and strongly against you.
    How in the hell do all of you keep saying I am on the kid. And now you think I am stereotyping a skateboarder.

Damn, my beef is with the Dad who hasn't raised his kid to have any semblance of respect for an authority figure regardless of if the cop is right or wrong.

Almost as if you are stereotyping me as an old guy who was never a teenager before.

I had male figures in my childhood, two actually being that my parents were divorced and both remarried.
    All 4 of my parents worked in law enforcement when I was a child and I STILL challenged authority and continue to.
    Carrying a badge does not earn you respect, it is how you represent yourself.
    I will lean towards respect if they offer me a reason but in many cases, such as the video, that does not happen and I refuse to respect a person just because they carry a piece of tin.
    I hear ya, but I bet you didn't smart off to a officer from the get go as this kid did.
    Go back and watch the film again.
    The officer turned into an ass shortly after the kid continue to disrespect him.

The cop could have handled the situation a million different ways, almost every one of those ways is better then what he did do.
    Was it his job to do something to protect the city and these kids, absolutely, but that doesn't give him free right to be a j~~~~~~s and do anything he wants.
    Why didn't the cop act like a jerk to the other two offenders? Maybe, just maybe, because they listened to him.

This kid was a jerk from the word go (and not just because he was carrying a damn skateboard either) and I would have jerked his ass up as well.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I disagree completely Marrdro but I know I won't change your mind. If the cop had come up to the kid with the attitude of a regular cop, which is that of an authority figure but one that earns and deserves the respect of others, the entire situation would have been completely different. How come you don't hear about other cops like this guy all the time? Because most other cops aren't stupid enough to make themselves look like an idiot like this. The kid shouldn't talk back to a cop but when he approaches someone like that, he's, quite frankly, asking for skateboarding kids to talk back to him.

I think you're way off base with your male authority figure argument as well. Do you know anything about this kid? What if he's had a male mentor his whole life. He could have been joking about his dad being dead. Who knows. There's no way for you to make the argument that he doesn't respect cops because he never had a dad to bring him up the right way. That's just you grasping for straws there and making an argument that you have no evidence to back up whatsoever.

It's nice that you would have yelled and forcefully tackled this skateboarder as well, but I'd like you to know that you (not being a cop) would have had a lot more than just a suspension.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast