Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

English Premier League

So this is probably for my fellow Europeans on here but whatever..

So the season kicks off this weekend.. I'm excited for the new season and my team (Tottenham Hotspur) is the first game kicking off against Man' City on Saturday.

I don't think we can repeat a 4th place finish like last season but top 6 is realistic, maybe better if we strengthen before the transfer window closes.

Who's your team?.. You looking forward to the new season?

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: English Premier League

I guarantee this topic will fall of the face of the earth.

I like Liverpool, but they suck a lot so I like to watch Chelsea. Anyone but Man Utd.
    We're bringing purple back.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

I think this year will be tough for Spurs, if they don't make it to the knock out stages of the Champions League they will start the season on a downer. On the other hand if they do qualify it's hard to stay competitive in the Premier League at the same time, do you think the squad is strong enough to cope?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re:English Premier League

Johnson14 wrote:
    I picked Chelsea about 10 years ago before the Russkie bought them based upon wanting to have a franchise in FIFA for the PS2 that wasn't ManU or Arsenal.

I haven't really followed their transfer moves during the summer season, but I'm glad that Ballack has moved on. He was dead weight, IMHO, in the midfield.

As long as they have Drogba, they'll be a force. I'm expecting nothing less than another EPL and FA Cup double this year.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

scottishvike wrote:
    I think this year will be tough for Spurs, if they don't make it to the knock out stages of the Champions League they will start the season on a downer. On the other hand if they do qualify it's hard to stay competitive in the Premier League at the same time, do you think the squad is strong enough to cope?
    We haven't been weakened at all with any departures but we havent pushed on with signings (as yet anyway), i think we will qualify for the group stages of the Champions League, the draw for the qualifier was kind.

Zeus wrote:
    Johnson14 wrote:
    I picked Chelsea about 10 years ago before the Russkie bought them based upon wanting to have a franchise in FIFA for the PS2 that wasn't ManU or Arsenal.

I haven't really followed their transfer moves during the summer season, but I'm glad that Ballack has moved on. He was dead weight, IMHO, in the midfield.

As long as they have Drogba, they'll be a force. I'm expecting nothing less than another EPL and FA Cup double this year.

=Z=
    I detest Chelsea but from what ive seen they look stronger than Utd and Arsenal (who i equally detest) so think they probably will win the league, the FA cup is a different story though as it's all about the luck of the draw.

Drogba is a top top player and is always going to get you goals.. i was surprised that they let Joe Cole leave but signed Benayoun instead, who imho is steady but no Joe Cole.

Big Matt is offline Starter

I am English but now live in the states and as I was born in Birmingham and my dad was a Brum City fan, I obvioulsy chose the Wolves!

Expectations for the season: Don't get relegated!

haha.. if you stay up then it is a bonus!

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

I hate English football and not just because I come from Pompey either. :P

Fell out of love with the sport when England players refused to play for their country unless they enhanced the money.

I think the majority of them think they are better than they are and the constant fouling, rolling over like you've been hit with a .357 hollow point because another player said your hair looked crap.

I hate the cheating and professional fouls (cheating) and tbh it just bores the heck out of me.

The wages the players are being paid is killing the game for the grass roots supporter /rantoff
    Purple till i die

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

I think I'm gonna pay some attention to the Premier League this year. The World Cup got me into watching soccer and the MLS doesn't do anything for me. The slow pace compared to the elite leagues is boring.

Chelsea is my team of choice because by chance I started playing with them on FIFA for PS3 and never looked back lol
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast