Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

Re: English Class Revisited

"ColoradoVike" wrote:
    As of late, I have frequently noticed spelling errors in the posts made on ths site. My Fellow Vikings Fans, we are better than this, such sloppy mistakes are characteristic of those lowly sheep-loving packers fans.

So, as a reminder (or as an initial lesson as the case may be) look out for some common errors:

its versus it's use "its" to express possession, use "it's" for it is
    your versus you're use "your" to expression possession, use "you're" for you are
    their versus they're versus there use "their" to express possession, use "they're" for they are, use "there" as a location referent (e.g., that player over there)
    effect versus affect use "effect" to refer to a result (e.g., the effects of the salary-cap on team parity), use "affect" as a verb that essentially means to influence (e.g., the new instant review rule has not affected the pace of the game)

That's a short list for some common errors and I'm sure that others can add to the list. Let's try to make certain that our fellow Vikings Fans espouse quality in all regards.

your grammer gestapo,

CV
    It is about time someone made a topic about this. It's amazing you're all so sloppy using English in its proper form as I'm sure your parents would be very dissapointed about the effects this has on others, and as a result would affect some of your relatives too, to which you may visit two Vikings games next season to see their new player Steve Hutchinson dominate the Packers over there in the east
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"ColoradoVike" wrote:
    As of late, I have frequently noticed spelling errors in the posts made on ths site. My Fellow Vikings Fans, we are better than this, such sloppy mistakes are characteristic of those lowly sheep-loving packers fans.

So, as a reminder (or as an initial lesson as the case may be) look out for some common errors:

your versus you're use "your" to expression possession, use "you're" for you are
    their versus they're versus there use "their" to express possession, use "they're" for they are, use "there" as a location referent (e.g., that player over there)
    effect versus affect use "effect" to refer to a result (e.g., the effects of the salary-cap on team parity), use "affect" as a verb that essentially means to influence (e.g., the new instant review rule has not affected the pace of the game)

That's a short list for some common errors and I'm sure that others can add to the list. Let's try to make certain that our fellow Vikings Fans espouse quality in all regards.

your grammer gestapo,

CV

Get fucked and go read a book .... Spelling Nazi !!!

Webster would put a spell check in if it was that important.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Food for thought: I've seen Ultra let several people know that the grammar police aren't welcome here.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

If only Webby would give us spell check. :grin:

"snowinapril" wrote:

Dont encourage .... :beathorse:

Giv the guy a brake, he didnt cingle out anywon indevidual.

Yew try and do sumting good and peeple just get eyerate.

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Dont encourage .... :beathorse:
    I was JK

but

I would use it if we had it.

Well dis is ennjoymint fur me so eye dont ned eenie speling lesons frum eenie1...gotz it !!!! :evil4:

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ColoradoVike" wrote:

your grammer gestapo,

CV
    Let's not & say we did.

CV, this is a Vikings forum, not English 101! The one thing we do not do here is badger people on their spelling, punctuation or grammer.

It has been brought up here many times that we do not do it. You've been here a year & you should know that by now.

I have found several errors in your post & you're chastizing others.

What's important is the message they're trying to convene in their post, not how their post is spelled or punctuated.

As long as you can understand their message, that is what's important.

I hope this is the last time I see a thread started on spelling, punctuation or grammer.

But then again, I said that three threads of this nature ago. :wink:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast