Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

English Class Revisited

As of late, I have frequently noticed spelling errors in the posts made on ths site. My Fellow Vikings Fans, we are better than this, such sloppy mistakes are characteristic of those lowly sheep-loving packers fans.

So, as a reminder (or as an initial lesson as the case may be) look out for some common errors:

its versus it's use "its" to express possession, use "it's" for it is

your versus you're use "your" to expression possession, use "you're" for you are

their versus they're versus there use "their" to express possession, use "they're" for they are, use "there" as a location referent (e.g., that player over there)

effect versus affect use "effect" to refer to a result (e.g., the effects of the salary-cap on team parity), use "affect" as a verb that essentially means to influence (e.g., the new instant review rule has not affected the pace of the game)

That's a short list for some common errors and I'm sure that others can add to the list. Let's try to make certain that our fellow Vikings Fans espouse quality in all regards.

your grammar gestapo,

CV

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: English Class Revisited

Alright ColoradoVike, I will try my very best to make these common mistakes disapear in my posting. Just so you're not bitter about it anymore.

Wow that was tough.. And I think there has to be atleast 2 mistakes in there haha..

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Who really cares? People make mistakes every once in a while. It's not like it's the end of the world if someone makes a simple grammar mistake in their writing. I bet their are at least a few grammar mistakes in your little paragraph up there.

It's a message board. I think you need to calm down a bit. No one is perfect, people make mistakes. It's not like it's a paper for some job interview or something.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Huked on Fonix werked 4 mi.

MightyVikes12391 is offline Pro-Bowler

you sound like my english teacher i dont wanna hear this outside of school(no offense)

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Who really cares? People make mistakes every once in a while. It's not like it's the end of the world if someone makes a simple grammar mistake in their writing. I bet their are at least a few grammar mistakes in your little paragraph up there.

It's a message board. I think you need to calm down a bit. No one is perfect, people make mistakes. It's not like it's a paper for some job interview or something.
    You're correct that it's not a big deal...BUT why not do it right IF you know the correct form. I usually let most of it slide...with members I LIKE...but trolls get slammed on grammar by me JUST BECAUSE... :evil4:

My one EXCEPTION is the blatant misspelling o of other people's names...that irks me ONLY because I think it shows a lack of RESPECT for that person whose name is getting butchered...but that is just me.

Carry on!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BIGDADDYG is offline Pro-Bowler

[quote="ColoradoVike"]As of late, I have frequently noticed spelling errors in the posts made on ths site.

"ths" I would be assuming is your version of THIS. Maybe the grammer gestapo might want to invest in spell check.

Like my POPEYE Tattoo says " I
    Y AM
    WHAT
    I
    Y AM "

MightyVikes12391 is offline Pro-Bowler

yea you have to spell peoples names correct thats just disrespect right cajonvike...........just kidding cajun

Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler

Hey, as along as it's readable.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"BIGDADDYG" wrote:
    [quote]"ColoradoVike" wrote:
    As of late, I have frequently noticed spelling errors in the posts made on ths site.

"ths" I would be assuming is your version of THIS. Maybe the grammer gestapo might want to invest in spell check.
    TECHNICALLY, that qualifies as a typo...not a spelling error...

BUT, in reality...he set himself up for that one! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast