Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni

The end or the begining!!

Well..

A few of the PPO crew got to meet up with Fotini and I this last summer.. It was her first trip to the states and she was amazed.. It was also kind of one of those trip to introduce her to the family, and get her/their reactions, and at least she knows i have a family.. (living in Greece alone kinda doesn't really show the whole family thing as it should) she also got to see Minnesota, Colorado. and see if she would ever want to maybe move xross the ocean..

She luved Minnesota, the people, area, summer weather.. she was amazed by the generosity of people there.. 1 big thanx to singersp from her.. (she always says to put that in a post)

well it was a great success.. and Now.. 6 months after this wonderful trip, it's about time to finalize the deal..

So after running around for crazy amounts of paperwork.. then finding out the law changed and that paperwork is no longer valid.. redoing said paperwork.. to find out the law never really changed but someone at the town hall didn't know their head from their.... farve hole..

So all it's done.. and on Feb 9th, 2008.. We will go to the town hall of Loutraki,
    a beautiful small village city on the canal seperating north and south greece.. (u can see the canal on the map) in an ancient port we will tie the knot..

Bachalor days are over.. married life begins..

I would say it's reminding me of that big fat greek wedding.. but neither her nor I want the big hoopla.. but trying to convince her family of that is like saying.. "Ancient greece never existed, it's a myth"

But now we've got them setteled down.. and we'll be in a town hall for a political wedding..

fast easy.. painless.. i hope..

any suggestions?
    comments?
    warnings?
    i'm moving to uncharted territory here..

HyP

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: The end or the begining!!

Congrats my friend.
    One of the best blessing the good lord can bestow on a man is a good woman.

Treat her with respect, love her to death and don't ever let her get away if she is the right one.

Here is to a long and happy marriage.
    Pass on my best.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Congrats dig!
    Enjoy each other.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"digital420" wrote:
    Well..

A few of the PPO crew got to meet up with Fotini and I this last summer.. It was her first trip to the states and she was amazed.. It was also kind of one of those trip to introduce her to the family, and get her/their reactions, and at least she knows i have a family.. (living in Greece alone kinda doesn't really show the whole family thing as it should) she also got to see Minnesota, Colorado. and see if she would ever want to maybe move xross the ocean..

She luved Minnesota, the people, area, summer weather.. she was amazed by the generosity of people there.. 1 big thanx to singersp from her.. (she always says to put that in a post)

well it was a great success.. and Now.. 6 months after this wonderful trip, it's about time to finalize the deal..

So after running around for crazy amounts of paperwork.. then finding out the law changed and that paperwork is no longer valid.. redoing said paperwork.. to find out the law never really changed but someone at the town hall didn't know their head from their.... farve hole..

So all it's done.. and on Feb 9th, 2008.. We will go to the town hall of Loutraki,
    a beautiful small village city on the canal seperating north and south greece.. (u can see the canal on the map) in an ancient port we will tie the knot..

I would say it's reminding me of that big fat greek wedding.. but neither her nor I want the big hoopla.. but trying to convince her family of that is like saying.. "Ancient greece never existed, it's a myth"

But now we've got them setteled down.. and we'll be in a town hall for a political wedding..

any suggestions?
    comments?
    warnings?

HyP
    Albert Einstein's marriage ended in divorce.

With that being said, you need to first ask yourself, "Do I think I'm smarter than Einstein?"

In all seriousness though, great news & congratulations to both you & Fotini. I'll be sure to break a plate on February 9th.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Congratulations DiGiTaL, I think you'll find your whole itenerary will change, as you two work for one. Stay true to your heart, as a new life is starting.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"digital420" wrote:
    Well..

A few of the PPO crew got to meet up with Fotini and I this last summer..
    Having been one of the fortunate who got to meet you and your lovely lady last summer, I have nothing but huge words on Congratulations to the both of you!

Now - if she loves it here - when are you moving here?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

We are discussing where the best move would be. I've had job offers in Oslo for Opera Browser,
    another testing suite in Scottland, and a few development companies back home. mostly proj lead, and Sr. Development. not sure what i want to do yet, but I believe this is the first step towards all of those.

Of course, we are building a house near Korinthos, (the place paul made the letters/speaches to the korinthians ie.. the books of the bible) for us if we ever wanna come back.. it's close to her parents so it's a nice place to come vaca, or live if we desire.. till then though.. we'll see where the winds of change bring us.

DiGiTaL

btw.. thanx all for the thoughts/wishes/ and grats!!

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"digital420" wrote:
    Well..

any suggestions?
    comments?
    warnings?

HyP
    Never have had the pleasure to meet you or your lady, but I want to pass on my congratulations in advance of the happy event. As someone who's been married to the same woman for 23 years (and she's not a Vikes fan
    :'(), there is only one suggestion I could give...and that is to communicate with your loved one...the importance of communication (in its many forms) is many times not recognized. Best of luck.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Congrats Digital.. Marriage is a wonderful adventure if it is with the right person.. sound like you have found her. Again best of luck in your journey!

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Congratulations Digital!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast