nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

An Emotional Post I Wrote

I had to comment on this. Just being a mere male I know, LOL but in seriousness I had to post when you made that post. I got Shanriel's permission.

My mother, Rosie was always so over protective of us boys. Me, P.S (Paul-Steven) , Wally and Patrick. She had two girls in her first marriage Julie and Fran, but they where stickened from my mother when she divorced her x husband and my grandmother raised them.
    So Rosie (my mother) was so over protective, loving but also vile in a lot of ways. Rosie protected us like no mom could from such things as you posted, offered encouragement and was soo loving. My mothers eyes would twinckle when Wally came home from the Marine Corps, or P.S walked in from High School. Me I was the little devil, and still am to a point, but shew loved me and always wanted me to love her back, cause I was adopted. Because of this reason Rosie and I never got along. The rebellion was on soo to say.
    In 1981 we had a knock on the door from the marine corps leting us know my brother Wally had been killed in Cecil Airfield in Florida and my mothers heart began to shatter. She had her first heart attack 1 year later. 1984, my brother P.S., (Paul-Steven) was killed in a car crash. This nearly killed her cause then she had her second heart attack and nearly died. Patrick left home after P.S's death and I was left. Whether over protective or not, I wasn't able to do the school plays, the other things kids did. Xmas's I was spoiled etc etc. But my mother continued to die as time went on.
    In May 1996 my mother, after my ordainment, passed away knowing that she was truly my mother when I told her the night before her death. "Mom, you will and always will be my only mother." she looked at me with a twinkle in her eye and said ."Damien, thats all I have wanted to hear from you for 21 years." You know how long I yearned for you to say that." I looked at her and smiled and walked to my bedroom. Rosie died May 31, 1996 as I held her hand as she passed away.
    The reason I wrote this is becuase I know those worries and my mother lived them time and time again. And to all you mothers out there...I have no clue how you do it...lots of love and light-Damien

Comments please??

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: An Emotional Post I Wrote

"Nephilim" wrote:
    I had to comment on this. Just being a mere male I know, LOL but in seriousness I had to post when you made that post. I got Shanriel's permission.

My mother, Rosie was always so over protective of us boys. Me, P.S (Paul-Steven) , Wally and Patrick. She had two girls in her first marriage Julie and Fran, but they where stickened from my mother when she divorced her x husband and my grandmother raised them.
    So Rosie (my mother) was so over protective, loving but also vile in a lot of ways. Rosie protected us like no mom could from such things as you posted, offered encouragement and was soo loving. My mothers eyes would twinckle when Wally came home from the Marine Corps, or P.S walked in from High School. Me I was the little devil, and still am to a point, but shew loved me and always wanted me to love her back, cause I was adopted. Because of this reason Rosie and I never got along. The rebellion was on soo to say.
    In 1981 we had a knock on the door from the marine corps leting us know my brother Wally had been killed in Cecil Airfield in Florida and my mothers heart began to shatter. She had her first heart attack 1 year later. 1984, my brother P.S., (Paul-Steven) was killed in a car crash. This nearly killed her cause then she had her second heart attack and nearly died. Patrick left home after P.S's death and I was left. Whether over protective or not, I wasn't able to do the school plays, the other things kids did. Xmas's I was spoiled etc etc. But my mother continued to die as time went on.
    In May 1996 my mother, after my ordainment, passed away knowing that she was truly my mother when I told her the night before her death. "Mom, you will and always will be my only mother." she looked at me with a twinkle in her eye and said ."Damien, thats all I have wanted to hear from you for 21 years." You know how long I yearned for you to say that." I looked at her and smiled and walked to my bedroom. Rosie died May 31, 1996 as I held her hand as she passed away.
    The reason I wrote this is becuase I know those worries and my mother lived them time and time again. And to all you mothers out there...I have no clue how you do it...lots of love and light-Damien

Comments please??
    Interesting story...but did you mean to post it here?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I posted it on another site...for mothers...I figured it would show how I can be with words

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I just lost my mom two years ago, and it is still the most painfull thing I have to deal with on a daily basis..

God I miss her so........

She was my rock, my best friend, and something I can't replace...

Your post I hate, because it just put so much pain in my heart at this moment...

But I respect you for writing it...

We all will only have one mother, cheerish her, love her, and be with her as often as you can.
    Most importantly, tell her YOU LOVE HER, every day...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Mother's are a rare breed, they can never be thanked enough for all their sacrifices.
    Glad you had the opportunity to say that to your mom, Neph, before she passed away.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

My Mother passed 3/06/05, and I was also at her bedside when she left this world. The pain is still fresh in my heart, and my eyes well with tears when I think of her. Being a mother is something a man can never understand, and if your mother is still around give her a call and tell her you love her. Thanks Neph for a good flood of memories and a cleansing tear.

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Yeah Moms are strong when we can't be. Moms also are compassionate, and understanding. I know when mine goes which I hope is far down the road I am gonna loose it, being raised by her & her alone. All the roads we been up and down in life.
    Thanks Neph
    for posting this.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Thanks for the post Neph, a lot of mothers are taken for granted.