Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Is eminem a musical genius?

"V" wrote:
    Wow.

I have ignored all of this up until this point.

Let's just say that as an African-American I would strongly prefer it if you avoided using the term "colored" to describe my people.
    What do you mean "My People"
    ;D

Seriouusly though I think they realize that it is a very derogatory term to use towards us.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=50680.msg936962#msg936962 date=1240359950]
    [quote author=Mr Anderson link=topic=50680.msg936957#msg936957 date=1240359651]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=50680.msg936955#msg936955 date=1240359425]
    [quote author=Mr Anderson link=topic=50680.msg936951#msg936951 date=1240359230]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=50680.msg936946#msg936946 date=1240358635]
    [quote author=Mr Anderson link=topic=50680.msg936942#msg936942 date=1240358326]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=50680.msg936940#msg936940 date=1240358167]
    [quote author=Mr Anderson link=topic=50680.msg936939#msg936939 date=1240357870]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=50680.msg925131#msg925131 date=1237672918]
    [quote author=VikingsTw link=topic=50680.msg921685#msg921685 date=1236930623]
    Colored, Black, African American, same thing....
    No actually colored is very insulting and I suggest you never use it again. The fact that you capitalized it is more disturbing then Eminems lyrics.
    Colored was the beginning of the sentence, it's supposed to be capitalized.

Wrong again.

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    This doesn't surprise me...

I do find it disturbing that people think he is the greatest artist of all-time, LOL. How can a man with such destructive lyrics be the greatest of all time, I'll give it to Eminem, he can make some nice beats, but what comes out of his mouth ruins his music.

Someone said Eminem doesn't talk about B*TCHES, LMAO! The only difference between Eminem and the other Colored Rappers is the fact that he stays away from "some" of their virbage. At the same time he's involved with down grading women, violence and pure hate/anger.
    What do you mean again?

And you're the one who quoted it like that buddy.
    I said again because from what I understand by some of your comments, you don't take racism seriously. I am basing this off a thread that got deleted regarding Jamie Fox and your recent comment.

As for you second comment, read the whole conversation before you make a comment like that.
    [/quote]
    You can make all the assumptions you want, but in that thread I was comparing a racist comment to an attack against a perverse tirade against a young girl.

And if you want to give me instructions to read through the whole conversation, let people know when you adjust a quote. :P
    [/quote]

Adjust a quote? That was his full post. He made to separate posts.

1st
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=50680.msg921672#msg921672
    2nd
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=50680.msg921685#msg921685

[/quote]
    So it was the start of the sentence the second time. The one you quoted, which I then quoted, so the capitalization by VikingsTW and my comment regarding it was correct.

I'll leave the capitalization issue in the big post to you.
    [/quote]

Not sure with I am even wasting my time explaining this. A bunch of people responded to his post. He then responded to those people. My comment was specifically talking about his first post. One who read all the facts would know that but if it makes you feel better yes your comment was correct. What doesn't make me feel better is that was all you had to comment on was a capitalization issue and completely ignored the racist term.
    [/quote]
    All I saw was you questioning his capitalization of the word "colored." Which was the first word of the post you quoted.

You are not the race police, you don't need to try to find undertones of racism in everything I write after the Jamie Foxx thread. I don't want to get involved in a race debate. I commented on what I saw. Relax.

I'm done with this.
    [/quote]

I will tell you now, Colored is a racist comment, I would love to see how you could tell me its not. Call it being the race police or whatever, but I am calling it like it is.
    [/quote]
    Oh jesus christ.

I said I didn't want to be in this conversation.

Again, you guys can all take what you want out of what I said.

NOWHERE did I say colored. Nowhere did I say anything racist.

All I did was comment on Mars' quoting and criticizing the capitalization by VikingsTW. I said no more no less.

For fucks sake, keep twisting,skewing, and digging guys.
    [/quote]

I never said you said it, I said that it was in fact a racist word. Now who is getting their undies in a bunch?
    [/quote]
    "I'd love to see you tell me how it's not," using my own words from a previous post against me.

Why should I have to explain myself?

I'm getting pissed about it because I'm the one getting called on being racist for making a fucking grammar remark.
    [/quote]

Please find a post where someone called you a racist.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    No actually colored is very insulting and I suggest you never use it again. The fact that you capitalized it is more disturbing then Eminems lyrics.

Wrong again.

"VikingsTw" wrote:

I do find it disturbing that people think he is the greatest artist of all-time, LOL. How can a man with such destructive lyrics be the greatest of all time, I'll give it to Eminem, he can make some nice beats, but what comes out of his mouth ruins his music.

Someone said Eminem doesn't talk about B*TCHES, LMAO! The only difference between Eminem and the other Colored Rappers is the fact that he stays away from "some" of their virbage. At the same time he's involved with down grading women, violence and pure hate/anger.
    What do you mean again?

I said again because from what I understand by some of your comments, you don't take racism seriously. I am basing this off a thread that got deleted regarding Jamie Fox and your recent comment.

As for you second comment, read the whole conversation before you make a comment like that.
    [/quote]
    You can make all the assumptions you want, but in that thread I was comparing a racist comment to an attack against a perverse tirade against a young girl.

And if you want to give me instructions to read through the whole conversation, let people know when you adjust a quote. :P
    [/quote]

1st
    2nd

[/quote]
    So it was the start of the sentence the second time. The one you quoted, which I then quoted, so the capitalization by VikingsTW and my comment regarding it was correct.

[/quote]

Not sure with I am even wasting my time explaining this. A bunch of people responded to his post. He then responded to those people. My comment was specifically talking about his first post. One who read all the facts would know that but if it makes you feel better yes your comment was correct. What doesn't make me feel better is that was all you had to comment on was a capitalization issue and completely ignored the racist term.
    [/quote]
    All I saw was you questioning his capitalization of the word "colored." Which was the first word of the post you quoted.

You are not the race police, you don't need to try to find undertones of racism in everything I write after the Jamie Foxx thread. I don't want to get involved in a race debate. I commented on what I saw. Relax.

I'm done with this.
    [/quote]

Really?! All I questioned was the capitalization?!

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    [size=14pt]No actually colored is very insulting[/size] and I suggest you never use it again. The fact that you capitalized it is more disturbing then Eminems lyrics.
    I am the race police. It is my duty as a human being to stop shit like this from happening. He obviously was not aware that "colored" was not acceptable, just like you most likely were not aware that "nappy headed" was not acceptable. It is not that I think you are a racist, I just think some people might need a little more info on a subject they might not be familiar with.

BTW I am relaxed, I just smoked a bowl.
    :P
    [/quote]
    Fine, I should have said "All I commented on" not "All I saw."

But to assume I'm being racist by questioning that is ridiculous, see above.
    [/quote]

I NEVER assumed you to be racist. All I said is that you were not taking it seriously. Now I might be wrong there but judging by your only response, the only thing you thought was wrong there was my criticizing of his capitalization.
    [/quote]
    Because I don't want to be further involved in this type of conversation than that!

I saw the quote where you called him out on capitalizing it, saw that it was correctly capitalized, and made a comment, and it's turned into this.

Done, done, and done.

Eminem, not a genius. Awesome rapper. Not a genius.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

This thread is always good for a laugh.
    I'M MAD ABOUT SOMETHING!

"Mr" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=50680.msg936962#msg936962 date=1240359950]

Wrong again.

"VikingsTw" wrote:

What do you mean again?

[/quote]

[/quote]

1st
    2nd

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm done with this.
    [/quote]

Really?! All I questioned was the capitalization?!

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    [size=14pt]No actually colored is very insulting[/size] and I suggest you never use it again. The fact that you capitalized it is more disturbing then Eminems lyrics.
    I am the race police. It is my duty as a human being to stop shit like this from happening. He obviously was not aware that "colored" was not acceptable, just like you most likely were not aware that "nappy headed" was not acceptable. It is not that I think you are a racist, I just think some people might need a little more info on a subject they might not be familiar with.

BTW I am relaxed, I just smoked a bowl.
    :P
    [/quote]
    Fine, I should have said "All I commented on" not "All I saw."

But to assume I'm being racist by questioning that is ridiculous, see above.
    [/quote]

I NEVER assumed you to be racist. All I said is that you were not taking it seriously. Now I might be wrong there but judging by your only response, the only thing you thought was wrong there was my criticizing of his capitalization.
    [/quote]
    Because I don't want to be further involved in this type of conversation than that!

I saw the quote where you called him out on capitalizing it, saw that it was correctly capitalized, and made a comment, and it's turned into this.

Done, done, and done.

Eminem, not a genius. Awesome rapper. Not a genius.
    [/quote]

Don't worry nobody thinks your a racist. Now go smoke a bowl, you are tense.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Wow.

Let's just say that as an African-American I would strongly prefer it if you avoided using the term "colored" to describe my people.
    ;D

Seriouusly though I think they realize that it is a very derogatory term to use towards us.
    I am black Jesus. You are one of my many people. That's what I mean.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Elam529 is offline Rookie

Eminem is a musical genius I SAID IM SORRY MOMMA

"V" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Wow.

;D

I am black Jesus. You are one of my many people. That's what I mean.
    LOL now we have a purple Jesus and a black Jesus.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132