Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 318
  1. #21
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,490

    Re: Is eminem a musical genius?

    "V4L" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    I would love to see Bob Dylan try to mix a beat and write a rap and scratch on it and sell it

    Does that not make him a musical genius? No.. Because that's not what he does

    It's 2009, the new music is turntables a mixer and a mic
    And I'd like to see Eminem pick up a guitar (without a ton of computerized beats and effects behind him) and change the way an entire generation thinks about what's going on around them... without swearing.

    Exactly it goes both ways

    No way could Bob Dylan rap behind an eminem beat.. And no way Eminem could rap to behind Bobs guitar

    Both are geniuses at what they did
    Difference is, no one cares what Eminem is doing... people cared and were moved by what Bob Dylan was doing.

    No one cares if Eminem sings about his wife being tied up in a trunk and he's on his way to kill her... no one cares and it's NOT the work of a genius.

    GIVE IT UP...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  2. #22
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re: Is eminem a musical genius?

    "V4L" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Can someone please clarify how playing a guitar or piano makes you a musical genius? Even though we have no clue if we can or not.. Just because his music doesn't call for playing it doesn't mean he can't

    So please explain why he isn't.. When the definition of music doesn't say you have to use instruments
    Give it up.

    He's a gifted engineer in the studio... but if you know about studio work, you know that all they do is cover-up poor musicianship with a ton of compression, layering and effects.

    I know people in the industry

    I know the hard work and dedication it takes

    Until you meet someone in the recording studio you have no idea what it takes to make a song.. It's more then playing an instrument or mixing a beat and singing along to it
    Funny thing is, I was in the studio all last week with my band... so...

    How far has that got ya?

    If you could smoke Eminiem with instuments people would know who you are

    Obviously he is a genius in the musical industry because he has sold millions more records then you ever will
    So if Dr Dre slaps his label on someone, and they become a millionaire, they area genius? By that logic 50 cent is also a genius.

  3. #23
    Tad7's Avatar
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,447

    Re: Is eminem a musical genius?

    Eminem's lyrics are respected in the hip-hop world

    50 Cent's are not. They are not the same thing.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

    X MARKS THE SPOT

  4. #24
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Is eminem a musical genius?

    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=50680.msg911964#msg911964 date=1235589739]
    Can someone please clarify how playing a guitar or piano makes you a musical genius? Even though we have no clue if we can or not.. Just because his music doesn't call for playing it doesn't mean he can't

    So please explain why he isn't.. When the definition of music doesn't say you have to use instruments
    Give it up.

    He's a gifted engineer in the studio... but if you know about studio work, you know that all they do is cover-up poor musicianship with a ton of compression, layering and effects.

    I know people in the industry

    I know the hard work and dedication it takes

    Until you meet someone in the recording studio you have no idea what it takes to make a song.. It's more then playing an instrument or mixing a beat and singing along to it
    Funny thing is, I was in the studio all last week with my band... so...

    How far has that got ya?

    If you could smoke Eminiem with instuments people would know who you are

    Obviously he is a genius in the musical industry because he has sold millions more records then you ever will
    So if Dr Dre slaps his label on someone, and they become a millionaire, they area genius? By that logic 50 cent is also a genius.
    [/quote]


    50 isnt selling records.. Good try tho

  5. #25
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Is eminem a musical genius?

    Deion Sanders, Bo Jackson, Randy Moss, Jim Thorpe, Brian Oldfield, and Dave Winfield are geniuses.

    There was even a picture of Deion in my psychology book a couple semesters ago, I must be right.

  6. #26
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Is eminem a musical genius?

    "C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    I would love to see Bob Dylan try to mix a beat and write a rap and scratch on it and sell it

    Does that not make him a musical genius? No.. Because that's not what he does

    It's 2009, the new music is turntables a mixer and a mic
    And I'd like to see Eminem pick up a guitar (without a ton of computerized beats and effects behind him) and change the way an entire generation thinks about what's going on around them... without swearing.

    Exactly it goes both ways

    No way could Bob Dylan rap behind an eminem beat.. And no way Eminem could rap to behind Bobs guitar

    Both are geniuses at what they did
    Difference is, no one cares what Eminem is doing... people cared and were moved by what Bob Dylan was doing.

    No one cares if Eminem sings about his wife being tied up in a trunk and he's on his way to kill her... no one cares and it's NOT the work of a genius.

    GIVE IT UP...

    The millions of people that have bought his records care

    Too bad you don't

    You haven't had one good argument yet.

    You just give it up

  7. #27
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Is eminem a musical genius?

    Eminem can produce a beat

    Eminem can rap to a beat

    Eminem can produce records for others

    Eminem was choosen to mix the song for the late 2pac

    Eminem is a good actor

    Eminem is an industry genius

  8. #28
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,490

    Re: Is eminem a musical genius?

    "V4L" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    I would love to see Bob Dylan try to mix a beat and write a rap and scratch on it and sell it

    Does that not make him a musical genius? No.. Because that's not what he does

    It's 2009, the new music is turntables a mixer and a mic
    And I'd like to see Eminem pick up a guitar (without a ton of computerized beats and effects behind him) and change the way an entire generation thinks about what's going on around them... without swearing.

    Exactly it goes both ways

    No way could Bob Dylan rap behind an eminem beat.. And no way Eminem could rap to behind Bobs guitar

    Both are geniuses at what they did
    Difference is, no one cares what Eminem is doing... people cared and were moved by what Bob Dylan was doing.

    No one cares if Eminem sings about his wife being tied up in a trunk and he's on his way to kill her... no one cares and it's NOT the work of a genius.

    GIVE IT UP...

    The millions of people that have bought his records care

    Too bad you don't

    You haven't had one good argument yet.

    You just give it up
    I just referenced lyrics to actual songs (about having his wife tied up in the trunk)... And, didn't Brittney Spears sell millions of records too?.... and the poll seems to be a bit one sided... and you're telling me to give it up?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  9. #29
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Is eminem a musical genius?

    "C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=50680.msg911983#msg911983 date=1235590491]
    I would love to see Bob Dylan try to mix a beat and write a rap and scratch on it and sell it

    Does that not make him a musical genius? No.. Because that's not what he does

    It's 2009, the new music is turntables a mixer and a mic
    And I'd like to see Eminem pick up a guitar (without a ton of computerized beats and effects behind him) and change the way an entire generation thinks about what's going on around them... without swearing.

    Exactly it goes both ways

    No way could Bob Dylan rap behind an eminem beat.. And no way Eminem could rap to behind Bobs guitar

    Both are geniuses at what they did
    Difference is, no one cares what Eminem is doing... people cared and were moved by what Bob Dylan was doing.

    No one cares if Eminem sings about his wife being tied up in a trunk and he's on his way to kill her... no one cares and it's NOT the work of a genius.

    GIVE IT UP...

    The millions of people that have bought his records care

    Too bad you don't

    You haven't had one good argument yet.

    You just give it up
    I just referenced lyrics to actual songs (about having his wife tied up in the trunk)... And, didn't Brittney Spears sell millions of records too?.... and the poll seems to be a bit one sided... and you're telling me to give it up?
    [/quote]


    Yes Brittney sold tons of records too cuz she is good at what she does.. And that's pop music

    Eminem sold tons of records cuz he is good at rap music

    Bob Dylan sold tons of records cuz he is good at rock music

    So whats your point? They are all geniuses in the music field

  10. #30
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,490

    Re: Is eminem a musical genius?

    "V4L" wrote:
    Eminem can produce a beat
    So can this:
    [img width=450 height=299]http://www.chipcollection.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/_media_images_cr-78.jpg[/img]

    "V4L" wrote:
    Eminem is a good actor
    haha... good stuff
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Musical Geniuses, athletes
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 08:25 AM
  2. Eminem gets jiggly butt in the face by a dude.
    By happy camper in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 01:57 AM
  3. Eminem, high school sweetheart divorce again
    By Garland Greene in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-20-2006, 08:05 PM
  4. Gotta musical question...
    By Mr. Purple in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 02:04 PM
  5. If you could be a musical Instrument..
    By TheAnimal93 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-21-2005, 03:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •