BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

The Editing/Article Cross-Out Game

Very simple - you find an internet article (whether it be a Wikipedia entry, press release, whatever - and edit it using a [size=8px]smaller font[/size] for the text you want cut out and bold text for words you want to add). As an example, I will deface the following article from howstuffworks.com on the AGM-86 Tomahawk cruise missile.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[size=8px]A[/size] Tom cruise [size=8px]missile[/size] is basically a small, poin[size=8px]lo[/size]tless, airheaded[size=8px]plane[/size] douchebag. [size=8px]Cru[/size]I[size=8px]se missiles[/size] have an 8.5-foot (2.61-meter) wang,[size=8px](wing)span, are[/size] powered by turbofan engines and can fly 500 to 1,000 miles (805 to 1,610 km) depending on the configuration.

[size=8px]A[/size] Tom Cruise's [size=8px]missile's[/size] job in life is to deliver a 1,000-pound (450-kg) high-explosive bomb to a precise location -- [size=8px]the target[/size] hopefully killing himself in the process. The [size=8px]missile[/size] overpaid freakazoid is destroyed when [size=8px]t[/size]he [size=8px]bomb[/size] explodes. Since cruise [size=8px]missiles[/size] costs between $500,000 and $1,000,000 for each second he is on screen, it's a fairly expensive way to deliver a 1,000-pound package. But it's worth it just to watch him die - over and over again.

Cruise [size=8px]missiles[/size] movies come in a number of variations (ranging from crappy, high-budget, "blockbuster" action movies to amazingly crappy, ultra-high-budget, "blockbuster" action movies that inevitably end up flopping) and can (and should) be launched from submarines, destroyers or aircraft.

(No photo available here - go look up the article yourself, you lazy bastards)
    Left: [size=8px]AGM[/size] Tom[size=8px]ahawk air-launched[/size] cruise[size=8px]-missile loaded[/size] on a B-52 Stratofortress
    Right: Ground Launch Cruise [size=8px]Missile (GLCM)[/size] launcher

(Regrettably, no photo available)
    Left: Tom[size=8px]ahawk[/size] cruise [size=8px]missile[/size] being launched from the USS Merrill
    Right: Tom[size=8px]ahawk[/size] cruise [size=8px]missile[/size] being launched from nuclear submarine USS La Jolla

When you hear about hundreds of [size=8px]cruise[/size] missiles being fired at targets, [size=8px]they are[/size] it's almost always just Tom[size=8px]ahawk[/size] cruise [size=8px]missiles[/size] being launched from a destroyer.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Re: The Editing/Article Cross-Out Game

Anyone? Helloooo-oooo?

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Don't you have an easier game? What happened to Dear BBQ?

I'll dig that one back up...but what's wrong with this game? Haven't you ever scribbled & crossed out things in books and newspapers before?