Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51
  1. #21
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512

    Re: Ebay seller, what a joke..

    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    Well,

    I wrote back to the seller and asked if maybe the 10 pounds was a typo.....I thought I should give him or her the chance to explain...This is what I recieved this AM..



    superduperwholesale( 483)
    Positive Feedback: 100%
    Member Since: Nov-17-05
    Location: AZ, United States
    Registered On: www.ebay.com


    Item: NEW NINTENDO GAMECUBE SPONGEBOB SQUARE PANTS VIDEO GAME (8290525405)
    This message was sent while the listing was active.
    superduperwholesale is the seller.



    you are correct typo thank you scott g

    He didn't tell you the typo meant in only weighed 1 lb.

    Perhaps he meant it was a typo & was supposed to actually be 11 lbs. :grin:
    URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  2. #22
    Lotza's Avatar
    Lotza is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Ebay seller, what a joke..

    Hahaha

    avoid that dude.

























    Go vikes!!

  3. #23
    DarrinNelsonguy's Avatar
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: Ebay seller, what a joke..

    "VikingNed" wrote:
    I sent a question to an ebay seller, selling a sponge bob gamecube game.....

    Here is what he said about shipping..

    will ship to ct you can go to usps.com and get the exact shipping cost my zipe code is 85029 the item weighs about 10 pounds


    10 POUNDS? You gotta be kidding me.......
    Is he sending you a cinder block with the game or what? lmao
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

  4. #24
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512

    Re: Ebay seller, what a joke..

    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    I sent a question to an ebay seller, selling a sponge bob gamecube game.....

    Here is what he said about shipping..

    will ship to ct you can go to usps.com and get the exact shipping cost my zipe code is 85029 the item weighs about 10 pounds


    10 POUNDS? You gotta be kidding me.......
    Is he sending you a cinder block with the game or what? lmao
    My next question to him was going to ask him to ring out Sponge Bob before shipping him, that should knock off some water weight if anything......LOL

    I've decided, I don't think I'll deal with this guy.....Just that something doesn't seem kosher....Sorry Lotza...LOL


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  5. #25
    DarrinNelsonguy's Avatar
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: Ebay seller, what a joke..

    "VikingNed" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    I sent a question to an ebay seller, selling a sponge bob gamecube game.....

    Here is what he said about shipping..

    will ship to ct you can go to usps.com and get the exact shipping cost my zipe code is 85029 the item weighs about 10 pounds


    10 POUNDS? You gotta be kidding me.......
    Is he sending you a cinder block with the game or what? lmao
    My next question to him was going to ask him to ring out Sponge Bob before shipping him, that should knock off some water weight if anything......LOL

    I've decided, I don't think I'll deal with this guy.....Just that something doesn't seem kosher....Sorry Lotza...LOL
    I hate those auctions where you have to calculate the shipping cost yourself it just seems shady for some reason.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

  6. #26
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512

    Re: Ebay seller, what a joke..

    When i used to sell items, I never marked up the shipping, just charged the actual shipping cost. Their buying the goods, not a dam stamp. I would try to figure what it cost me to package though and gas to the Post Office...Bubble wrap isn't cheep. But even then, it would usually only be a dollar or two for packaging, which I thought was fair enough....But the postage I wouldn't mark up......People appreiciate that I believe....


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  7. #27
    DarrinNelsonguy's Avatar
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: Ebay seller, what a joke..

    "VikingNed" wrote:
    When i used to sell items, I never marked up the shipping, just charged the actual shipping cost. Their buying the goods, not a dam stamp. I would try to figure what it cost me to package though and gas to the Post Office...Bubble wrap isn't cheep. But even then, it would usually only be a dollar or two for packaging, which I thought was fair enough....But the postage I wouldn't mark up......People appreiciate that I believe....
    Seems fair to do it that way Ned, but some people get a little greedy I guess.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

  8. #28
    PAvikesfan's Avatar
    PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,037

    Re: Ebay seller, what a joke..

    this game comes with one free pineapple.

  9. #29
    DarrinNelsonguy's Avatar
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: Ebay seller, what a joke..

    "PAvikesfan" wrote:
    this game comes with one free pineapple.
    lol, good one!
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

  10. #30
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Ebay seller, what a joke..

    "VikingNed" wrote:
    When i used to sell items, I never marked up the shipping, just charged the actual shipping cost. Their buying the goods, not a dam stamp. I would try to figure what it cost me to package though and gas to the Post Office...Bubble wrap isn't cheep. But even then, it would usually only be a dollar or two for packaging, which I thought was fair enough....But the postage I wouldn't mark up......People appreiciate that I believe....
    People DO appreciate it, especially if you're a regular seller.

    When I used to sell a lot on Ebay, I'd try and cut shipping to a bare minimum. Like you said, people were buying my products and THAT was where I was going to make money. No need to screw 'em on shipping. With multiple item orders, I'd try and further reduce shipping...quite a few people were downright shocked when I'd refund part of their purchase price because I was able to package the lot together and keep it under weight.

    That's why with 179 different people leaving 470 feedback ratings, I'm still at 100%.

    I also believed very strongly in getting the product out NOW!!! I typically made post office runs (I printed my own labels with postage, but still hand delivered the packages to the Post Office) within 3 days of receipt of payment. If I missed that window, the customer got a rebate.

    However, I've seen far too many sellers jack up shipping - even with the restrictions. I can't tell you how many times I've paid 6-10 dollars for shipping, then seen the postage charge was 79 cents or $1.25. Needless to say, I never buy from those people twice.

    Always look at Feedback. If someone has multiple negative or neutral feedback, avoid.

    Caine

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Best Deal On Ebay!
    By ChiTownVike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 10:43 PM
  2. I need your help Ebay watchers
    By BadlandsVikings in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-19-2006, 08:55 PM
  3. Ebay
    By cc21 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-11-2006, 10:30 AM
  4. you really can buy anything on ebay
    By vikeswin2005 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-19-2006, 07:46 PM
  5. ATL tickets on ebay almost over
    By Turboe in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-05-2005, 03:41 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •