Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Eat To Live: Potatoes may check weight

LE BUGUE, France, June 26 (UPI) -- Pity the poor potato. Has any vegetable been so maligned? In England in 1733, it was described by writer and garden designer Stephen Switzer, who worked on England's Castle Howard and Blenheim, as "heretofore reckon'd a food fit only for Irishmen, and clowns."
    To dieters and regular watchers of weight, a bite of a potato is almost vampirical in its fearful power to transform the eater into a being of another shape.

But guess what. Potatoes may even help you to lose weight. (Of course, only if you don't eat them fried or smothered in butter or sour cream.)

Perhaps you have given them up because of their carb content. But the Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University has discovered that carbs have less effect on weight loss than the amount of calories you consume.

http://www.dailyhaha.com/linkout.asp...=3944&cat=news
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Eat To Live: Potatoes may check weight

"Marrdro" wrote:
    LE BUGUE, France, June 26 (UPI) -- Pity the poor potato. Has any vegetable been so maligned? In England in 1733, it was described by writer and garden designer Stephen Switzer, who worked on England's Castle Howard and Blenheim, as "heretofore reckon'd a food fit only for Irishmen, and clowns."
    To dieters and regular watchers of weight, a bite of a potato is almost vampirical in its fearful power to transform the eater into a being of another shape.

But guess what. Potatoes may even help you to lose weight. (Of course, only if you don't eat them fried or smothered in butter or sour cream.)

Perhaps you have given them up because of their carb content. But the Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University has discovered that carbs have less effect on weight loss than the amount of calories you consume.
    http://www.dailyhaha.com/linkout.asp...=3944&cat=news
    DUH!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

^^^^ yeah no kidding, like if you eat 1g of carbs a day but eat 3000 calories its not really helping

What people need to do instead of changing their diet is change their actvity, get out jog walk run play a sport, do something that involves getting sweaty

Thanks josdin00

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"tb04512" wrote:
    ^^^^ yeah no kidding, like if you eat 1g of carbs a day but eat 3000 calories its not really helping

What people need to do instead of changing their diet is change their actvity, get out jog walk run play a sport, do something that involves getting sweaty
    I need another early day off from work.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

It's more fun to shoot a potato than eat one