Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44

Thread: Earth #2!

  1. #21
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Earth #2!

    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    the bible specifically does not talk about life on other planets or how that would relate to the grand scheme of things. thats where religion comes in.
    Because the bible doesn't talk about life on other planets, that doesn't invalidate the bible or the possibility of life existing elsewhere.

    If I never talk about life forms in a tiny Wisconsin town, that doesn't mean no one lives there.

    I wonder if there are any Trekkies pondering the possibility of Vulcans, Romulans, Klingons, etc. living on this planet?
    Points for purp on this one!
    There is nothing in the Bible that precludes the existence of life elsewhere.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #22
    mr.woo's Avatar
    mr.woo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,213

    Re: Earth #2!

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    the bible specifically does not talk about life on other planets or how that would relate to the grand scheme of things. thats where religion comes in.
    Because the bible doesn't talk about life on other planets, that doesn't invalidate the bible or the possibility of life existing elsewhere.

    If I never talk about life forms in a tiny Wisconsin town, that doesn't mean no one lives there.

    I wonder if there are any Trekkies pondering the possibility of Vulcans, Romulans, Klingons, etc. living on this planet?
    Points for purp on this one!
    There is nothing in the Bible that precludes the existence of life elsewhere.
    i didnt say there wasnt. i beilieve in life elswhere but i also believe in the bible. i was just explaining how religion can come into this as some people were having a hard time figuring it out.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

  3. #23
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Earth #2!

    "LuckyVike" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Huh? What does this have to do with religion?
    Well if God created everything, he must've created the other planets.
    When did this happen?
    Why have did the Bible not mention them?
    Why were they made?
    The creation stories (there are actually two) in Genesis deal with who created Earth and Man (God) and why Man was put on Earth (to care for the earth).
    If there is life elsewhere, I am sure they have their own creation stories that address the same questions regarding their planet.
    There is no need for them to be in Earth's Bible.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #24
    LuckyVike's Avatar
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,785

    Re: Earth #2!

    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    the bible specifically does not talk about life on other planets or how that would relate to the grand scheme of things. thats where religion comes in.
    Because the bible doesn't talk about life on other planets, that doesn't invalidate the bible or the possibility of life existing elsewhere.

    If I never talk about life forms in a tiny Wisconsin town, that doesn't mean no one lives there.

    I wonder if there are any Trekkies pondering the possibility of Vulcans, Romulans, Klingons, etc. living on this planet?
    Your not speaking of a life form is a little bit different than writings of prophets in a book we should live our lives by.
    That book describes the creation of time, and one would think it would incorporate creation of other planets.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: Earth #2!

    "LuckyVike" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    the bible specifically does not talk about life on other planets or how that would relate to the grand scheme of things. thats where religion comes in.
    Because the bible doesn't talk about life on other planets, that doesn't invalidate the bible or the possibility of life existing elsewhere.

    If I never talk about life forms in a tiny Wisconsin town, that doesn't mean no one lives there.

    I wonder if there are any Trekkies pondering the possibility of Vulcans, Romulans, Klingons, etc. living on this planet?
    Your not speaking of a life form is a little bit different than writings of prophets in a book we should live our lives by.
    That book describes the creation of time, and one would think it would incorporate creation of other planets.
    One might think so, for completeness sake.
    But some writers leave thing untold, so as to be filled in by the imagination or intellect of the reader.

    If I were told that the Twins won the baseball game last night, I don't need to be told that three outs were recorded in each inning, except perhaps the bottom of the last inning - if the Twins were playing at home.


    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

  6. #26
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,738

    Re: Earth #2!

    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "LuckyVike" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    the bible specifically does not talk about life on other planets or how that would relate to the grand scheme of things. thats where religion comes in.
    Because the bible doesn't talk about life on other planets, that doesn't invalidate the bible or the possibility of life existing elsewhere.

    If I never talk about life forms in a tiny Wisconsin town, that doesn't mean no one lives there.

    I wonder if there are any Trekkies pondering the possibility of Vulcans, Romulans, Klingons, etc. living on this planet?
    Your not speaking of a life form is a little bit different than writings of prophets in a book we should live our lives by.
    That book describes the creation of time, and one would think it would incorporate creation of other planets.
    One might think so, for completeness sake.
    But some writers leave thing untold, so as to be filled in by the imagination or intellect of the reader.
    If I were told that the Twins won the baseball game last night, I don't need to be told that three outs were recorded in each inning, except perhaps the bottom of the last inning - if the Twins were playing at home.
    Or maybe the "storyteller" couldn't fathom space exploration and travel.

  7. #27
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Earth #2!

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    the bible specifically does not talk about life on other planets or how that would relate to the grand scheme of things. thats where religion comes in.
    Because the bible doesn't talk about life on other planets, that doesn't invalidate the bible or the possibility of life existing elsewhere.

    If I never talk about life forms in a tiny Wisconsin town, that doesn't mean no one lives there.

    I wonder if there are any Trekkies pondering the possibility of Vulcans, Romulans, Klingons, etc. living on this planet?
    Points for purp on this one!
    There is nothing in the Bible that precludes the existence of life elsewhere.
    Agreed.

    There is much, much more to God and this universe than what we know.

    George Lucas said if God is 1,000,000 then we know about 2. I agree with him.

    We have a hard enough time keeping things straight with what the Bible does tell us. Imagine if EVERYTHING were in there. Not only would it be infinitely larger but it would be THAT much harder to follow. I think that God gave us about as much as we could handle.

  8. #28
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: Earth #2!

    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "LuckyVike" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    the bible specifically does not talk about life on other planets or how that would relate to the grand scheme of things. thats where religion comes in.
    Because the bible doesn't talk about life on other planets, that doesn't invalidate the bible or the possibility of life existing elsewhere.

    If I never talk about life forms in a tiny Wisconsin town, that doesn't mean no one lives there.

    I wonder if there are any Trekkies pondering the possibility of Vulcans, Romulans, Klingons, etc. living on this planet?
    Your not speaking of a life form is a little bit different than writings of prophets in a book we should live our lives by.
    That book describes the creation of time, and one would think it would incorporate creation of other planets.
    One might think so, for completeness sake.
    But some writers leave thing untold, so as to be filled in by the imagination or intellect of the reader.
    If I were told that the Twins won the baseball game last night, I don't need to be told that three outs were recorded in each inning, except perhaps the bottom of the last inning - if the Twins were playing at home.
    Or maybe the "storyteller" couldn't fathom space exploration and travel.
    Nah....too logical and relies too much on the ridiculously absurd ideas of Relativism.


    All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

  9. #29
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,304

    Re: Earth #2!

    I bet that on that Earth the Vikes are five time Super Bowl champions ... just our luck! Stuck here!

  10. #30
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,541

    Re: Earth #2!

    I believe the vatican made a statement years ago that acording to their understanding there was no life outside our known existence.


    That will probably be turned around soon, just like the whole limbo existed now doest exist kinda thing.

    as for the new earth. I was reading it this morning. sounds interesting.. and probably gonna be where our childrends childresns grandchildren start exploring.

    course.. if u believe in the mayan calander.. feb 21, 2012 is the end.

    so maybe we should be sending ships now?

    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Everyone on Earth....
    By Jereamiah in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 03:05 PM
  2. MOVED: Everyone on Earth....
    By ultravikingfan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 05:20 PM
  3. Happy Earth Day
    By pattyosviKING in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 03:32 PM
  4. The earth is expanding!
    By baumy300 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2007, 06:39 PM
  5. Flash Earth
    By scottishvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2006, 01:25 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •