Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

EA Sports Arena Football

So I picked up this Arena football game yesterday to give me something other than Madden to play for a while thinking it cant be that bad considering its on the Madden game engine. Wow was I mistaken! I mean I guess I cant say all bad things about it but overall I would give it a 6 out of 10. The hits are really sweet and the some of the plays as well as the mix up of difenernt rules. As well as they actually have the Minnesota Pike on the game so thats kinda cool. They have all the current and former AFL teams as well. The soundtract is really sweet Now for the bad stuff: Slow pace of the game if you thought NCAA06 was a slower pace of gameplay than Madden and it pissed you off then dont play arena football it really drags. The commentary is absoulutly stupid, its feels like I just transported to 1995 for live action in game commentary. Allthough soe of the plays are cool the problem is each team has maybe 15 plays tops and they are usually the same for every team. The graphics are sub par considering this is a ps2 game I could understand but from what I read it seems its that bad on the xbox also. Those are just a few bad things to come to mind and believ me there are plenty more. I may hang on to it for a while longer though and give a little more time, but I would highly suggest to anyone thinking of buying GO RENT IT FIRST or waite for it to be at gamestop or something cheap. If anyone else has played this let me know what you think. Should I give it more time? Am I way off base on what I think?

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: EA Sports Arena Football

yeah my friend is also really high on this game. i think it is going to be a bust as well. i will rent it just to make sure im right.
    We're bringing purple back.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

I have seen the commercials for it and it looks pretty sweet. I think I might go and rent it.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Looks like a bust, EA is slackin alot latley.Fight Night round 3 should change that tho!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

aceclown is offline Coach

as well, as well.... ummmm, as well!

Chuch.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

EA needs to make NCAA hockey 2006! That would rule!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

thanks for pointing that out, now I don't have to worry about coughing up the money for another football game. I have enough already. I was a little disapointed that EA has the rights to the NFL and I couldn't get a NFL 2k6.
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=102 252940

i just got the game tonight to i wish i would have read these.that was a waste of $37

Good luck establishing a freaking running gam on this game!!! Its a joke, however in defense of that the AFL isnt really known for running the ball its all about the passing.

Not to mention the deep ball is a joke I pretty much connect on it everytime, also whats with the ASK COACH feature???? I am on 3rd and 11 and the coach tells me to run the damn ball, LOL also when I am on the 3 yard line he suggests I bomb the ball!! WTF

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast