Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    6-KINGS Guest

Re: Drink the KoolAid children.

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    Cajun - You almost made it through a post talking actual sense. Actually the first post wasn't half bad. then you went into your usual liberal tirades. The trivial tripe you blow is beyond me. You blame companies for unskilled labor. That is like me blaming you for your clients committing a crime. They for whatever reason chose to be the way they are. You blame these companies but if they ever closed down and moved away and these poor souls didn't have a job you would crucify them for that. You are the hypocrite, if you love these people so much work pro bono for all your clients. How much time do you spend to help the poor? HOW MUCH MONEY COMES OUT OF YOUR POCKET FOR THE POOR? REMEMBER the cheap labor is a shot at the companies who make a profit. Your venom for the christians is mindboggling, were you abused by a christian or something. If someone is G*Y, performs an abortion, has an abortion, or is poor and committs a crime will get your pity and support. But if someone believes in Jesus they are these evil people. You know I would take your comments more seriously if I knew you were like most christians are and help their fellow man. But you would rather find the exception to the rule rahter than look at a religion where most are kind, caring, and giving people that do help out their fellow man. I am sure you will put your time and energy into finding the Bakers of this world to prove your point and sling mud on really great people. I think your time could be better spent, maybe a thank you to all who have helped millions of poor people and will help millions more in the future.
    Truth in this but remember these are our brothers and sisters whether they believe in Christ or not.
    Yes they have made poor life choices but we need to help give them direction and the benefit of our life choices.
    Not in a downgrading way but in a positive "here is what can await you and your family"
    They are not to be cast off or sent to the back burner out of sight.

6-KINGS Guest

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    6-kings I will challenge you too, then! You must be part of the solution, you can't just look and say you have to help. Get in there yourself and do something. Don't blame other people start by giving time and money.
    I have given money as I stated before.
    It was $100 bucks. Not much in the big picture but it was a challege to my family to do it.
    I unloaded trucks at Reunion Arena in Dallas. Here agian not that big of a contribution but I did what I could.
    We gave 5 bags of our clothes to our church relief effort.
    They were not new but still in good shape.
    I washed cars at my church for the Catholic Charities.
    We raised 2,000 bucks. A little more respectable.

We do what we can. That is the key
    Can I devote 40+ hours a week, no I wish I could.
    But my life has demands too. Wife, kids and my bills.
    These people will need effort like mine, even though small for many many months to come.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Oh no ... here we go again ...

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

I couldn't agree more, but companies especially big companies are not going to worry about every little thing. They shouldn't, it is the job of the community to care of your neighbor. Again I hear all kinds of people talk like you and Cajun TALK about their plight. where is the action, if every liberal that bashed the christians helped out with money and time we would be much better off. Yeah, we need to take care of the poor but the liberal way is not the answer either, we have thrown billions at the poor to help them out of their impoverished ways and all we have is generations on the doll. We need to rethink the whole idea of how we help these people. The bible also says (if you want to quote it) give the man a fish you feed him for one day, teach him to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
    I agree the poor need help but they have to want to help themselves too. We need to somehow change their perceptions. I heard from a person that a young black boy was walking home form school, this young boy was getting good grades and studied every night. One day a couple of his friends asked him to come over and hang out with them, he said he had to go home and study, the friends yelled quite being so white. Until that attitude changes there are going to be problems. Education is the key to a better life but ALL POOR PEOPLE must take their education seriously if they want to improve their lot in life.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

6-KINGS Guest

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    I couldn't agree more, but companies especially big companies are not going to worry about every little thing. They shouldn't, it is the job of the community to care of your neighbor. Again I hear all kinds of people talk like you and Cajun TALK about their plight. where is the action, if every liberal that bashed the christians helped out with money and time we would be much better off. Yeah, we need to take care of the poor but the liberal way is not the answer either, we have thrown billions at the poor to help them out of their impoverished ways and all we have is generations on the doll. We need to rethink the whole idea of how we help these people. The bible also says (if you want to quote it) give the man a fish you feed him for one day, teach him to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
    I agree the poor need help but they have to want to help themselves too. We need to somehow change their perceptions. I heard from a person that a young black boy was walking home form school, this young boy was getting good grades and studied every night. One day a couple of his friends asked him to come over and hang out with them, he said he had to go home and study, the friends yelled quite being so white. Until that attitude changes there are going to be problems. Education is the key to a better life but ALL POOR PEOPLE must take their education seriously if they want to improve their lot in life.
    Well then sounds like we agree then.
    See just a little chat can open doors that seem to be closed.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    6-kings I will challenge you too, then! You must be part of the solution, you can't just look and say you have to help. Get in there yourself and do something. Don't blame other people start by giving time and money.
    I have given money as I stated before.
    It was $100 bucks. Not much in the big picture but it was a challege to my family to do it.
    I unloaded trucks at Reunion Arena in Dallas. Here agian not that big of a contribution but I did what I could.
    We gave 5 bags of our clothes to our church relief effort.
    They were not new but still in good shape.
    I washed cars at my church for the Catholic Charities.
    We raised 2,000 bucks. A little more respectable.

We do what we can. That is the key
    Can I devote 40+ hours a week, no I wish I could.
    But my life has demands too. Wife, kids and my bills.
    These people will need effort like mine, even though small for many many months to come.

Good for you 6-kings! You are to be commended on how you have helped! In my opinion you have given more than your fair share to help the victims! You have no reason to defend yourself you have done plenty!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    "DesertPurple" wrote:
    It is still possible in this great country of ours...to bleed purple AND listen to Air America....and even agree! Please do not think for a moment that just because FOX televises the majority of games, that football fans are uniformly cut from conservative cloth! No...I do not like Louis Farrakhan.
    Ok sure............ya..........Umm
    Do you have those TPS reports I asked for?
    DAMMIT, I KNEW it, it's my fault!!! I forgot to put COVERS on those TPS reports!!!!!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRYYYYYYYY!!!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    Cajun - You almost made it through a post talking actual sense. Actually the first post wasn't half bad. then you went into your usual liberal tirades. The trivial tripe you blow is beyond me. You blame companies for unskilled labor. That is like me blaming you for your clients committing a crime. They for whatever reason chose to be the way they are. You blame these companies but if they ever closed down and moved away and these poor souls didn't have a job you would crucify them for that. You are the hypocrite, if you love these people so much work pro bono for all your clients. How much time do you spend to help the poor? HOW MUCH MONEY COMES OUT OF YOUR POCKET FOR THE POOR? REMEMBER the cheap labor is a shot at the companies who make a profit. Your venom for the christians is mindboggling, were you abused by a christian or something. If someone is G*Y, performs an abortion, has an abortion, or is poor and committs a crime will get your pity and support. But if someone believes in Jesus they are these evil people. You know I would take your comments more seriously if I knew you were like most christians are and help their fellow man. But you would rather find the exception to the rule rahter than look at a religion where most are kind, caring, and giving people that do help out their fellow man. I am sure you will put your time and energy into finding the Bakers of this world to prove your point and sling mud on really great people. I think your time could be better spent, maybe a thank you to all who have helped millions of poor people and will help millions more in the future.
    My tirades...your statements above ARE a prime example of a tirade. If you notice, I am critical of BOTH sides shortcomings (you even were complimentary of some of my statements...at least the ones that agreed with your far right agenda). But the fact of the matter is that there are at least two sides to every issues...and my last post attempted to recognize this. But you choose to pick and choose the things that you agree with and bash the rest as liberal propaganda...well, I am sure that a liberal would bash the conservative statements that I made as conservative propaganda. It seems that by attempting to look at it from both sides that I only succeed in infuriating both sides...which is the main flaw of both sides...they only see it one way. You would love the guy in the office next to me...if you think that I am liberal, he would knock your socks off...this guy is a flaming liberal, the total antithesis of your viewpoint...it would be hilarious to see you too go at it. :lol:

To refute a few of your accusations:

I NEVER blamed companies for unskilled labor...I said that companies exploit uneducated consumers (not laborers)...there IS a difference. If companies closed up and moved out of the country, I would expect that small businesses would spring up in their places to fill the void...most people are resourceful enough to figure out another way to earn a living...those who don't either move, starve or get on welfare...the smart ones pick the first option.

I NEVER called Christians hypocrites...what I said was that IF conservative Christians don't practice what they preach only THEN would their actions be hypocritical. IF they do practice what they preach it stands to reason that they are not...the choice is up to them what they want to be...not for me to choose...but I WILL call them on it if they only give lip service to helping the poor. I have no venom for good Christians, only ones who would foister their religious beliefs on others by enacting them into law. Let God decide, not man. Our civil laws are for governing civil behavior, not moral behavior...to do otherwise is to usurp God's authority...sometimes the Church doesn't know where to draw the line.

How do you know what I do regarding charity for my fellow man? I don't go around bragging about what I do...simply because I don't feel the need for a pat on the back for doing it. I do report my pro bono hours to the State Bar because they ask me too...and most of my charitable contributions to the IRS because it would be stupid not to. However, I don't have to broadcast how much money I give to street people and every charitable act that I do for my fellow man...the ones who benefit the most know...and that is all that matters.

I also concur with the preceding statement that 6-KINGS has made on this thread in agreement with my posts on this thread.

In regards to your statement that communities are responsible for caring about their neighbors...I agree wholeheartedly...BUT companies ARE a huge part of our community, and as such should step up and take the lead in formulating REAL solutions to the poverty problem in our country...they have the resources and the wherewithal to effect change in a much swifter fashion than individuals ever could...being faceless doesn't excuse companies from helping...those companies are owned by individuals that are living the American dream...and it is at least reasonable to ask that they pitch in, along with the rest of the community and help out.

I also agree with your "fish" parable...my dad taught me how to "fish" in many different ways...BUT I consider myself VERY FORTUNATE in that regard...others don't have that luxury...so THIS is where the government and the captains of industry can step in...by providing a mentoring function for those who want to climb out of poverty. Granted, not everyone wants to work hard to do this...and in that regard, I do draw the line at giving those people who don't really want to work unlimited handouts.

The answer lies somewhere in between the conservative and the liberal viewpoints...all I am doing here is advocating the analysis of BOTH sides...criticizing what is wrong and picking out what has the best chance of working. Your view is TOO hardline...but until you walk in the shoes of another who didn't have the advantages that you or I have had, you can never proclaim with true certainty what will really work. I don't claim to know either, but I am willing to criticize the current administration to effect change...you only seem intent on defending the status quo from a conservative standpoint.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I wish I was smart and could understand what the he!! you two are arguing about! Propoganda, schmropoganda.....liberals, schmiberals. I like the vikings.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    My tirades...your statements above ARE a prime example of a tirade. If you notice, I am critical of BOTH sides shortcomings (you even were complimentary of some of my statements...at least the ones that agreed with your far right agenda). But the fact of the matter is that there are at least two sides to every issues...and my last post attempted to recognize this. But you choose to pick and choose the things that you agree with and bash the rest as liberal propaganda...well, I am sure that a liberal would bash the conservative statements that I made as conservative propaganda. It seems that by attempting to look at it from both sides that I only succeed in infuriating both sides...which is the main flaw of both sides...they only see it one way. You would love the guy in the office next to me...if you think that I am liberal, he would knock your socks off...this guy is a flaming liberal, the total antithesis of your viewpoint...it would be hilarious to see you too go at it. :lol:

To refute a few of your accusations:

I NEVER blamed companies for unskilled labor...I said that companies exploit uneducated consumers (not laborers)...there IS a difference. If companies closed up and moved out of the country, I would expect that small businesses would spring up in their places to fill the void...most people are resourceful enough to figure out another way to earn a living...those who don't either move, starve or get on welfare...the smart ones pick the first option.

I NEVER called Christians hypocrites...what I said was that IF conservative Christians don't practice what they preach only THEN would their actions be hypocritical. IF they do practice what they preach it stands to reason that they are not...the choice is up to them what they want to be...not for me to choose...but I WILL call them on it if they only give lip service to helping the poor. I have no venom for good Christians, only ones who would foister their religious beliefs on others by enacting them into law. Let God decide, not man. Our civil laws are for governing civil behavior, not moral behavior...to do otherwise is to usurp God's authority...sometimes the Church doesn't know where to draw the line.

How do you know what I do regarding charity for my fellow man? I don't go around bragging about what I do...simply because I don't feel the need for a pat on the back for doing it. I do report my pro bono hours to the State Bar because they ask me too...and most of my charitable contributions to the IRS because it would be stupid not to. However, I don't have to broadcast how much money I give to street people and every charitable act that I do for my fellow man...the ones who benefit the most know...and that is all that matters.

I also concur with the preceding statement that 6-KINGS has made on this thread in agreement with my posts on this thread.

In regards to your statement that communities are responsible for caring about their neighbors...I agree wholeheartedly...BUT companies ARE a huge part of our community, and as such should step up and take the lead in formulating REAL solutions to the poverty problem in our country...they have the resources and the wherewithal to effect change in a much swifter fashion than individuals ever could...being faceless doesn't excuse companies from helping...those companies are owned by individuals that are living the American dream...and it is at least reasonable to ask that they pitch in, along with the rest of the community and help out.

I also agree with your "fish" parable...my dad taught me how to "fish" in many different ways...BUT I consider myself VERY FORTUNATE in that regard...others don't have that luxury...so THIS is where the government and the captains of industry can step in...by providing a mentoring function for those who want to climb out of poverty. Granted, not everyone wants to work hard to do this...and in that regard, I do draw the line at giving those people who don't really want to work unlimited handouts.

The answer lies somewhere in between the conservative and the liberal viewpoints...all I am doing here is advocating the analysis of BOTH sides...criticizing what is wrong and picking out what has the best chance of working. Your view is TOO hardline...but until you walk in the shoes of another who didn't have the advantages that you or I have had, you can never proclaim with true certainty what will really work. I don't claim to know either, but I am willing to criticize the current administration to effect change...you only seem intent on defending the status quo from a conservative standpoint.

WOW! Quite a nice little debate if I do say so myself. But I gotta agree with VKG4LFE. I like the Vikings.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast