Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Drink the KoolAid children.

I didn't read the article, but from what other people have said I would probably get banned if I commented on this guy too!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

6-KINGS Guest

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    Well, there have also been reports that people have been using their 2,000 dollar stipends on strip clubs, drugs, and expensive jewelry. These are the same people who will be crying that they are broke and need more money because they can't feed their families. Some people will never learn.
    Having grown up in south Louisiana, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if this is at least moderately true....the better answer is that most of the people probably spent the money on what they THOUGHT that they needed...without regard for making the money go as far as it could. One of the main reasons that they are poor is most likely their lack of money management skills...it is my profound belief that if someone REALLY wants to crawl out of the gutter, that person will do WHATEVER they have to in order to get out. Problem is that most poor people are like a bucket of crabs...when one tries to get out, the others grab onto it to try and get carried out as well, instead of pushing that escaping crab out and helping it escape....what ends up happening is that the enterprising crab gets pulled back into the bucket and none escape. The real problem is the shortsightedness of those in that predicament...they don't see the long term benefits of more people getting out and then reaching back to help others out once they get settled. It is my humble opinion that in every family, there has to be ONE generation that make very hard sacrifices to insure the future success of succeeding generations. Every poor family that has overcome extreme poverty has had that someone that gave up pursuing pleasurable activities so that their kids and grandkids could have a future...in my family, that person is my dad...and I and my siblings have him to thank for the opportunity to pursue our dreams...and I don't plan on letting him down! Now is the time for these people to take advantage of the opportunities that will be presented to them and to work hard to succeed...quit crying racism and band together to make each other's lives more productive and their kids future brighter.
    At this time please let me stand and give Ragin' Cajun' a standing ovation!!
    Great job and well written Cajun!
    You be da Man!

Del Rio Guest

Louis Farrakhan, and the Nation of Islam (NOI) which he heads, have a long, well-documented record of hate-filled and anti-Semitic rhetoric. Over the years, NOI ministers and representatives have regularly expressed anti-Semitic, anti-white, anti-homosexual and anti-Catholic sentiments in their speeches. Furthermore, The Final Call, the NOI's official organ, reflects the anti-Semitism of Farrakhan and his organization

It is still possible in this great country of ours...to bleed purple AND listen to Air America....and even agree! Please do not think for a moment that just because FOX televises the majority of games, that football fans are uniformly cut from conservative cloth! No...I do not like Louis Farrakhan.
    Randomness: Exhibiting faith in Purple Chaos Theory!

6-KINGS Guest

"DesertPurple" wrote:
    It is still possible in this great country of ours...to bleed purple AND listen to Air America....and even agree! Please do not think for a moment that just because FOX televises the majority of games, that football fans are uniformly cut from conservative cloth! No...I do not like Louis Farrakhan.
    Ok sure............ya..........Umm
    Do you have those TPS reports I asked for?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    Well, there have also been reports that people have been using their 2,000 dollar stipends on strip clubs, drugs, and expensive jewelry. These are the same people who will be crying that they are broke and need more money because they can't feed their families. Some people will never learn.
    Having grown up in south Louisiana, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if this is at least moderately true....the better answer is that most of the people probably spent the money on what they THOUGHT that they needed...without regard for making the money go as far as it could. One of the main reasons that they are poor is most likely their lack of money management skills...it is my profound belief that if someone REALLY wants to crawl out of the gutter, that person will do WHATEVER they have to in order to get out. Problem is that most poor people are like a bucket of crabs...when one tries to get out, the others grab onto it to try and get carried out as well, instead of pushing that escaping crab out and helping it escape....what ends up happening is that the enterprising crab gets pulled back into the bucket and none escape. The real problem is the shortsightedness of those in that predicament...they don't see the long term benefits of more people getting out and then reaching back to help others out once they get settled. It is my humble opinion that in every family, there has to be ONE generation that make very hard sacrifices to insure the future success of succeeding generations. Every poor family that has overcome extreme poverty has had that someone that gave up pursuing pleasurable activities so that their kids and grandkids could have a future...in my family, that person is my dad...and I and my siblings have him to thank for the opportunity to pursue our dreams...and I don't plan on letting him down! Now is the time for these people to take advantage of the opportunities that will be presented to them and to work hard to succeed...quit crying racism and band together to make each other's lives more productive and their kids future brighter.
    At this time please let me stand and give Ragin' Cajun' a standing ovation!!
    Great job and well written Cajun!
    You be da Man!
    I figured that you would like this! :lol: But that doesn't mean that those people aren't exploited...but not for the reasons that they assume...they are exploited simply because they provide a conveniently cheap labor pool and a huge, uneducated consumer base that will buy anything to satisfy their immediate wants and desires without any regard for the future...and the wealthy willingly exploit that weakness...which is somewhat immoral. The Bible says that you should watch over your brother...what that should extend to is that the captains of industry in this country shouldn't abuse their power...balance needs to be accomplished or there will be heck to pay down the line. Give the people who REALLY want a chance to dig their way out of poverty A REAL CHANCE...otherwise those conservative Christians become nothing more than hypocritical elitists who just want to sweep the country's problems under a rug. The true test will be how New Orleans rebuilds...the results will not lie.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Cajun - You almost made it through a post talking actual sense. Actually the first post wasn't half bad. then you went into your usual liberal tirades. The trivial tripe you blow is beyond me. You blame companies for unskilled labor. That is like me blaming you for your clients committing a crime. They for whatever reason chose to be the way they are. You blame these companies but if they ever closed down and moved away and these poor souls didn't have a job you would crucify them for that. You are the hypocrite, if you love these people so much work pro bono for all your clients. How much time do you spend to help the poor? HOW MUCH MONEY COMES OUT OF YOUR POCKET FOR THE POOR? REMEMBER the cheap labor is a shot at the companies who make a profit. Your venom for the christians is mindboggling, were you abused by a christian or something. If someone is G*Y, performs an abortion, has an abortion, or is poor and committs a crime will get your pity and support. But if someone believes in Jesus they are these evil people. You know I would take your comments more seriously if I knew you were like most christians are and help their fellow man. But you would rather find the exception to the rule rahter than look at a religion where most are kind, caring, and giving people that do help out their fellow man. I am sure you will put your time and energy into finding the Bakers of this world to prove your point and sling mud on really great people. I think your time could be better spent, maybe a thank you to all who have helped millions of poor people and will help millions more in the future.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

6-KINGS Guest

Cajun we are in agreement in that last statement of yours too!

We are our brothers keeper.
    But we must raise them up out of this poverty and help them, help themselves.
    Only then will this expoitation end.
    They deserve better, we deserve better.
    Lets help them become part of the real American dream. Not just stamps and sec 8 housing.
    I want to see them in their own house, with a nice car, good furniture and a living wage.
    A future for themselves, their children and their grand children.
    The circle of poverty must be broken.
    To continue to heap money and look the other way is immoral too.

6-KINGS

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

6-kings I will challenge you too, then! You must be part of the solution, you can't just look and say you have to help. Get in there yourself and do something. Don't blame other people start by giving time and money.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

6-KINGS Guest

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    Cajun - You almost made it through a post talking actual sense. Actually the first post wasn't half bad. then you went into your usual liberal tirades. The trivial tripe you blow is beyond me. You blame companies for unskilled labor. That is like me blaming you for your clients committing a crime. They for whatever reason chose to be the way they are. You blame these companies but if they ever closed down and moved away and these poor souls didn't have a job you would crucify them for that. You are the hypocrite, if you love these people so much work pro bono for all your clients. How much time do you spend to help the poor? HOW MUCH MONEY COMES OUT OF YOUR POCKET FOR THE POOR? REMEMBER the cheap labor is a shot at the companies who make a profit. Your venom for the christians is mindboggling, were you abused by a christian or something. If someone is G*Y, performs an abortion, has an abortion, or is poor and committs a crime will get your pity and support. But if someone believes in Jesus they are these evil people. You know I would take your comments more seriously if I knew you were like most christians are and help their fellow man. But you would rather find the exception to the rule rahter than look at a religion where most are kind, caring, and giving people that do help out their fellow man. I am sure you will put your time and energy into finding the Bakers of this world to prove your point and sling mud on really great people. I think your time could be better spent, maybe a thank you to all who have helped millions of poor people and will help millions more in the future.
    Truth in this but remember these are our brothers and sisters whether they believe in Christ or not.
    Yes they have made poor life choices but we need to help give them direction and the benefit of our life choices.
    Not in a downgrading way but in a positive "here is what can await you and your family"
    They are not to be cast off or sent to the back burner out of sight.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast