Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Benet's Avatar
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,976

    Re: Dozens Hurt In Cheese Roll Race

    "maddenhasamancrushonfavre" wrote:
    I must agree with sir Williamson8211. Just because the event has nothing to do with Green Bay, one does not know if the people were actually Packer backers.
    Sticking up for your friend is admirable, but please don't insult my intelligence.

    The comment was stupid and unwarranted and an insult on many levels. Williamson8211 should count himself lucky I restrained myself and left my comments as they stood and didn't tear him a new one.

    Oh, and don't worry. The irony of the fact that he can't even spell "loosers" is not lost on me.

    If he had bothered to read the article he would have seen how people got hurt during the race:

    ..which dozens of people race down a 1:2 gradient hill..
    Dozens of people running down a bloody steep hill is a recipe for disaster, especially if you fall forward and roll down it.

    ..a seven to eight pound circle of cheese..
    I assume a "seven to eight pound" circle of cheese is very similar to anything else that weighs between seven and eight pounds.. And something that weight could hurt quite a bit if it had enough force behind it.. Throwing the bloody thing down a hill would be about enough!

    And I am willing to go out on a limb and risk my PPO messageboard integrity and assume that there were ZERO Green Bay Packer fans, even including the American participants in the event.

  2. #12
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Dozens Hurt In Cheese Roll Race

    "Benet" wrote:
    "maddenhasamancrushonfavre" wrote:
    I must agree with sir Williamson8211. Just because the event has nothing to do with Green Bay, one does not know if the people were actually Packer backers.
    Sticking up for your friend is admirable, but please don't insult my intelligence.

    The comment was stupid and unwarranted and an insult on many levels. Williamson8211 should count himself lucky I restrained myself and left my comments as they stood and didn't tear him a new one.

    Oh, and don't worry. The irony of the fact that he can't even spell "loosers" is not lost on me.

    If he had bothered to read the article he would have seen how people got hurt during the race:

    ..which dozens of people race down a 1:2 gradient hill..
    Dozens of people running down a bloody steep hill is a recipe for disaster, especially if you fall forward and roll down it.

    ..a seven to eight pound circle of cheese..
    I assume a "seven to eight pound" circle of cheese is very similar to anything else that weighs between seven and eight pounds.. And something that weight could hurt quite a bit if it had enough force behind it.. Throwing the bloody thing down a hill would be about enough!

    And I am willing to go out on a limb and risk my PPO messageboard integrity and assume that there were ZERO Green Bay Packer fans, even including the American participants in the event.
    They deserve to get hurt if they do something that stupid. Chasing cheese down a hill? I'm not questioning your intelligence but more theirs. :roll: I don't see how can you defend a bunch of drunk idiots chasing cheese. :lol:

  3. #13
    ChiTownVike's Avatar
    ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: Dozens Hurt In Cheese Roll Race

    "Benet" wrote:
    "maddenhasamancrushonfavre" wrote:
    I must agree with sir Williamson8211. Just because the event has nothing to do with Green Bay, one does not know if the people were actually Packer backers.
    Sticking up for your friend is admirable, but please don't insult my intelligence.

    The comment was stupid and unwarranted and an insult on many levels. Williamson8211 should count himself lucky I restrained myself and left my comments as they stood and didn't tear him a new one.

    Oh, and don't worry. The irony of the fact that he can't even spell "loosers" is not lost on me.

    If he had bothered to read the article he would have seen how people got hurt during the race:

    ..which dozens of people race down a 1:2 gradient hill..
    Dozens of people running down a bloody steep hill is a recipe for disaster, especially if you fall forward and roll down it.

    ..a seven to eight pound circle of cheese..
    I assume a "seven to eight pound" circle of cheese is very similar to anything else that weighs between seven and eight pounds.. And something that weight could hurt quite a bit if it had enough force behind it.. Throwing the bloody thing down a hill would be about enough!

    And I am willing to go out on a limb and risk my PPO messageboard integrity and assume that there were ZERO Green Bay Packer fans, even including the American participants in the event.
    OK, to start this if you were trying to cool yourself down while writing that first comment to me, I dunno you made need to check yourself into a clinic. All I said that they are dumb like Packer Backers. NOTHING IS WRONG WITH THAT! Did you interview all of the people that got hurt by the cheese? Did you ask them if they were packer fans? Did you? Didn't think so.

    Second of all, please tell me that you have never spelled anything wrong in your life. If you haven't you should go pack your bags, take a trip to the U.S. of A and go to the Scipps National Spelling Bee. You could be wanted there.

    Thirdly, so what if Maddenhadamancrushonfarve wants to take my side. Maybe people just dont see it your way. Or don't like you

    I think you should shut the hell up and watch NFL Europe Ok?



    Thank you Josdin for the sig

  4. #14
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Dozens Hurt In Cheese Roll Race

    What is this offseason coming to? :lol: Members arguing over the merits of a brick of cheese flying down a mountain chasing after a bunch of fools. You would think that is silly enough without people arguing about the merits of the sport. When is this sport coming to the states? I'm in.

  5. #15
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Dozens Hurt In Cheese Roll Race

    I found this video of the event:

    Cheese roll video

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  6. #16
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: Dozens Hurt In Cheese Roll Race

    "Williamson8211" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    "maddenhasamancrushonfavre" wrote:
    I must agree with sir Williamson8211. Just because the event has nothing to do with Green Bay, one does not know if the people were actually Packer backers.
    Sticking up for your friend is admirable, but please don't insult my intelligence.

    The comment was stupid and unwarranted and an insult on many levels. Williamson8211 should count himself lucky I restrained myself and left my comments as they stood and didn't tear him a new one.

    Oh, and don't worry. The irony of the fact that he can't even spell "loosers" is not lost on me.

    If he had bothered to read the article he would have seen how people got hurt during the race:

    ..which dozens of people race down a 1:2 gradient hill..
    Dozens of people running down a bloody steep hill is a recipe for disaster, especially if you fall forward and roll down it.

    ..a seven to eight pound circle of cheese..
    I assume a "seven to eight pound" circle of cheese is very similar to anything else that weighs between seven and eight pounds.. And something that weight could hurt quite a bit if it had enough force behind it.. Throwing the bloody thing down a hill would be about enough!

    And I am willing to go out on a limb and risk my PPO messageboard integrity and assume that there were ZERO Green Bay Packer fans, even including the American participants in the event.
    OK, to start this if you were trying to cool yourself down while writing that first comment to me, I dunno you made need to check yourself into a clinic. All I said that they are dumb like Packer Backers. NOTHING IS WRONG WITH THAT! Did you interview all of the people that got hurt by the cheese? Did you ask them if they were packer fans? Did you? Didn't think so.

    Second of all, please tell me that you have never spelled anything wrong in your life. If you haven't you should go pack your bags, take a trip to the U.S. of A and go to the Scipps National Spelling Bee. You could be wanted there.

    Thirdly, so what if Maddenhadamancrushonfarve wants to take my side. Maybe people just dont see it your way. Or don't like you

    I think you should shut the hell up and watch NFL Europe Ok?
    Everybody just cool down and have some cheese.


  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Dozens Hurt In Cheese Roll Race

    "Benet" wrote:
    "Williamson8211" wrote:
    :sign5:

    How do you get hurt in a cheese wheel race? HAHAHA what loosers. They were prolly Packer Backers
    Can you read?

    "Benet" wrote:
    ..and no, it ISN'T to do with Green Bay..
    Maybe you should go back to reading those Sesame Street books on the individual letters of the alphabet considering how you're struggling with what I typed..
    hey just a minor mistake!! no need to bust a vein or anything!!! :wink:
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin


  8. #18
    Benet's Avatar
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,976

    Re: Dozens Hurt In Cheese Roll Race

    "Williamson8211" wrote:
    OK, to start this if you were trying to cool yourself down while writing that first comment to me, I dunno you made need to check yourself into a clinic. All I said that they are dumb like Packer Backers. NOTHING IS WRONG WITH THAT! Did you interview all of the people that got hurt by the cheese? Did you ask them if they were packer fans? Did you? Didn't think so.
    You missed the point. While trying to take your comments in a tongue-in-cheek fashion I defended my fellow countrymen (and those of many other nations) by rebutting your point about calling them "Packer Backers". The context in which you said "Packer Backers", the fact that you called everyone "loosers", and taking into account the fact that almost every mention of the Packers on this board is an insult or becomes an insult in one way or another, and you can see why I felt it necessary to defend people who are obviously never going to read this board for themselves and understand the insults which you made.

    Second of all, please tell me that you have never spelled anything wrong in your life. If you haven't you should go pack your bags, take a trip to the U.S. of A and go to the Scipps National Spelling Bee. You could be wanted there.
    One: I do make mistakes. I never said I didn't. The thing is, I'm not the one who can't read my own posts and make sure I type out words I can supposedly spell.

    Thirdly, so what if Maddenhadamancrushonfarve wants to take my side. Maybe people just dont see it your way.
    Reading my comments in response to Maddenhasamancrushonfavre, I see that I was hypocritical in what I said. I said it was admirable he defended you, then lambasted him anyway. I regret that. So in that post I regret 6 words. The rest of it I'm perfectly comfortable with.

    Or don't like you
    To use your own words:

    "Did you interview all of the people.." [in this thread]?

    "Did you ask them if they.." [disagree with me or not like me generally]?

    "Did you? Didn't think so"

    I think you should shut the hell up and watch NFL Europe Ok?
    NFL Europe finished.

    And to PurplePeopleEaters point:

    They deserve to get hurt if they do something that stupid. Chasing cheese down a hill? I'm not questioning your intelligence but more theirs. :roll: I don't see how can you defend a bunch of drunk idiots chasing cheese. :lol:
    Hey I wasn't defending the people doing it! I agree with you, they are drunk idiots.. But it's all a bit of a fun and supposedly a tradition that goes back hundreds of years. There are much crazier things we do here in Britain that would draw the world's bemusement.

    Bowls, for example. :razz:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Roll on
    By RK. in forum Weekly Opponent Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 09:25 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-28-2007, 07:04 PM
  3. Get Yo Roll on
    By thetrenches68OL in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-14-2006, 12:55 AM
  4. Roll The Presses
    By DemonicViking in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 11:27 PM
  5. 49ers roll?
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-27-2003, 12:28 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •