Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    wyorob is offline Starter

Re: DOOOK goes down in flames!!!

I can not find the help section I am trying to locate the stickies

Thanks PurplePeopleEaters for the sig AWSOME!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"wyorob" wrote:
    I can not find the help section I am trying to locate the stickies
    Dude.

From the index page http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums scroll down the page. There is a forum called Help.

Maybe we should have a Help Forum just to locate the Help Forum.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    My team is UNC of course. And Itrey Seriously Back the F*CK off!! What is that? C'mon are you in any way related to Dook players or something? How can you get that mad about being dogged about your team. Everyone takes shot at their heated rivals, say what you want about UNC, I don't care.

I am not going to go hungry or anything!!! Itrey take a pill and if the Pukies win, its all the more sweeter to come in here and brag. You get the bragging rights and get to talk a little smack!!

PEACE!
    No I'm not related to the Duke players, but don't you get pissed off when people dog the Vikes? I do. I'm just tired of all the shit, because I get it here, I get it at school, I get it at work and I get it from my friends. I know that's the price to pay for being successful, but all of the baseless attacks and the "I hate Duke, they suck" comments get old after a while. They're 27-2 for goodness sakes! Besides, I said I was sorry for saying the F word in my previous post. I just get tired of all of the nagging for no reason.

I take people razzing the Vikes much better than I do Duke because, let's face it, the Vikes haven't been a great team in a while. My passion isn't any less for the Vikes, but I can take the criticism when it's warranted (and some of it is warranted with the Vikes), With Duke though, people just take little, inconsequential things and jump on Duke like they're the anti-christ. It gets old after a while.

If you want to say "I don't like Duke because they are our rivals" it's ok, but at least give them respect. I HATE the Packers and I HATE North Carolina, but I still recognize that the Packers have won 3 Super Bowls to our none, and that Roy Williams is a good coach. I just hate them because they are our rivals, but I only give criticism where criticism is due.

Here's a good article for all you Duke haters...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [size=18px]Duke is easy to hate ... until you've been there[/size]
    By Gene Wojciechowski
    ESPN.com

DURHAM, N.C. -- Can't stand Duke? Me either. I'd rather eat phlegm on toasted rye than endure another moment of Blue Devil basketball.

I can't stand Krzyzewskiville. Well, I was pretty sure I couldn't stand it. It's a bunch of preppies wearing Faconnable, sitting in their The North Face tents that daddy bought them, doing Times crossword puzzles with their Montblancs, right? You might as well call it Pretentiousville. The place has its own bronze plaque and wireless.

The way it was explained to me by my buddies at www.hateduke.com was like this; You "tent-in' (that's what the Dookies call it) for a few nights, pick up your hospital-style wristbands for Saturday night's Carolina game, toss your sleeping bags in the back seat of the Range Rover, and return to your Gothic-style dorm in time for afternoon tea. Webelos spend more time under the stars.

Yes, well, I got some bad info on that. The Krzyzewskiville I saw had a commemorative plaque and WiFi, but was situated on ground so wet from rain that herons could have mistaken it for marshland. There were 52 tents when I was there, but those numbers probably have doubled by now.

And I don't know if somebody was trying to pull a fast one, but I didn't meet one Biff, Bitsy or Thurston Howell III. I also didn't hear a peep about yacht clubs or summers spent abroad.

Instead, I met Duke seniors Chris and Devin, who are Krzyzewskiville line monitors and nicer than your local minister. Line monitors -- and there are about 30 of them -- maintain order in Krzyzewskiville and distribute those game-day wristbands. In return, the monitors are the first ones in the door and their seats are midcourt, first three rows.

OK, so the line monitors are cool. But what about this dude flashing his Duke student card to Chris and Devin? His name is Pearce (Precious name alert! Precious name alert!) and he probably used some of his trust fund money to have someone camp for him.

Uh, no. At least one member of Pearce's Krzyzewskiville group has been waiting in line since Dec. 21, 2005. This is not a typo. Duke's dorms were closed by then. Line monitors had yet to report for full-time duty. Tents were prohibited until Jan. 9. So someone from Pearce's group sat in a folding chair from 9 to 5 every day (with the exception of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day) and staked a place in line.

So, sigh, the Krzyzewskiville residents are cool, too.

But without question, I can't stand the Cameron Crazies. I sat in front of them at courtside during the recent game against Wake Forest. It was like they were duct-taped to my back. One kid in a J.J. Redick replica jersey did a Bill Cowher and spittle sprayed me every time he yelled. I needed to clean my neck with Lysol after the game.

But, you know, the more I think about it, the Crazies do know their hoops. As Redick dribbled the ball near the top of the key, Cowher Jr. leaned over my shoulder and yelled, "You got nothing, J.J.!" But the kid wasn't ripping Redick. He was telling the Blue Devils All-American that no player from Wake was coming over to double him.

OK, so I'm cool with Krzyzewskiville, the line monitors, and the Crazies, but that's it. In the meantime, I absolutely can't stand that pretty boy Redick. Typical product of the Duke hype machine.

Except that the night I was there he broke the NCAA record for career 3-pointers, and he usually had a Demon Deacon attached to his hip. Even his misses were gorgeous.

When he was pulled from the Duke blowout with 2:28 remaining in the game, Redick didn't jersey tug or play to the adoring crowd. Instead, he took the time to hug everybody on the bench, from coaches, to fellow starters, to reserves, to walk-on scrubs, to team managers. In their own way, they were part of the record, too.

In the Duke locker room after the game, I noticed the scabs and scars on Redick's hands and arms. Some pretty boy. This is what happens when you get poked, slapped, scratched and whacked by defenders. Redick glanced at the marks and shrugged. Part of the game, he said.

OK, so I'm fine with Redick, but the rest of the Blue Devils are wusses. I'm positive I can't stand any of them.

Wait, did I say that? What I meant to say is that maybe they're tougher than I thought. Turns out the Blue Devils take everybody's best body blow without complaint, like in Wednesday's upset loss at Florida State.

Redick gets it the worst on the road. "There was one sign,' says Duke senior forward Lee Melchionni, "and it said, 'J.J. Drinks His Own Urine.'"

Chances are it was written by a Maryland fan. Duke senior guard Sean Dockery remembers his first visit to College Park. Terrapin fans were waiting for the Duke team bus as it pulled up to the arena. Insults soon followed.

"I thought, 'Wow, these people really hate us,'" says Dockery.

What's the big deal? Opposing fans are always there right before the game.

"But this wasn't before the game,' he says.

No, it was at the morning shootaround. Maryland fans were waiting to heckle the Blue Devils before a shootaround. They don't do that when Delaware State comes to town.

In review, I now can live with K-ville, the Crazies, Redick and the rest of the Blue Devils. But Mike Krzyzewski drives me nuts, and there's no way you're changing my mind on this one.

The guy has his own basketball court, his own XM Radio show, his own American Express commercial, and has co-authored a New York Times best-seller. He has three national championships, 12 national coach of the year awards, and 66 NCAA Tournament victories, which ranks him ahead of everyone. His team is on TV more than CSI. And now he's the first college coach to be named U.S. national head coach since USA Basketball began using professional players in 1992. I mean, get over yourself.

So -- and I can't believe I'm saying this -- I guess Krzyzewski is OK, too. Now I have to redirect all of my anti-Blue Devil anger toward & Duke assistant and former player Steve Wojciechowski?

Sorry, I can't do that to one of my own.

Wait a second. It also says here in his media guide bio that he's been at Duke 26 years. Geez, I didn't realize it's been that long. So that means he gutted it out during those early seasons when some Dookies wanted him canned, that he rebuilt a hoops empire, that he didn't bolt to the NBA, that he overcame a debilitating bout of physical and mental exhaustion in 1995, that his players earn degrees.

So -- and I can't believe I'm saying this -- I guess Krzyzewski is OK, too. Now I have to redirect all of my anti-Blue Devil anger toward ... Duke assistant and former player Steve Wojciechowski?

Sorry, I can't do that to one of my own.

I give up. Go Duke.

Gene Wojciechowski is the senior national columnist for ESPN.com. You can contact him at [email protected]

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Psychotic profanity laced tirade by K. Link at bottom.

Quote:
    In January, 1990, Duke was 12-2 when Peele, then the sports editor of the Duke Chronicle, received a call the afternoon of Tuesday, January 16 from Krzyzewski’s secretary Donna Keane.

It wasn’t out of the ordinary for Donna Keane to call. When Peele or a member of the Chronicle sports staff needed a comment from Krzyzewski, they often went through Keane rather than the sports information department. “Coach would like for you and your staff to meet with the team this afternoon after practice,” she said. “He wants to introduce you to the players and for you to get to know them better.”

Quote:
    “Since you guys know who all the players are, but the players don’t necessarily know who you are, why don’t you introduce yourselves?” the coach suggested. The Chronicle writers did as requested.

When they were finished, Krzyzewski launched into an eight minute profanity-laced tirade. “He started to yell and rant and rave,“ Peele said. One of the reporters had carried a tape recorder inside his backpack and recorded the entire address. “I just wonder,” Krzyzewski told the journalists, “where your mindset is that you don’t appreciate the kids in this locker room. I’m not looking for puff pieces or anything like that, but you’re whacked out and you don’t appreciate what the [expletive deleted] is going on and it @#%$ me off…and I’m suggesting that if you want to appreciate what’s going on--get your head out of your [expletive deleted] and start looking out for what’s actually happening.”

Quote:
    In the locker room, Krzyzewski turned to Belvin. “Brent, that article was full of [expletive deleted],” he said. He added “this is an insult to me. Each team is new. And this is a very young basketball team, and maybe you think it should go undefeated or whatever it should do, but to me if I graded my team right now, I would give it an A-.”

Krzyzewski also complained about the Chronicle’s preview of the Maryland game, an article that had referred to the talented Maryland swingman Walt Williams by his nickname, The Wizard. “I opened up the Chronicle,” the coach said, “and all I read about was ‘the [expletive deleted] Wizard.’” In addition, Krzyzewski told the young reporters that their paper had missed the boat on its coverage of the recent Georgia Tech game, not sufficiently crediting the performance of Duke junior Greg Koubek.

Quote:

“When he caught his breath,” Peele said, “I asked him if that was it. And so we left.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    classy guy that coach K. Tells them to come and meet the players but really just brings them all in to yell at them. Complete nut job/ a-hole

link:
    northcarolina.scout.com/2/503630.html

[color=red]

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Duke and UNC both suck! We all know who the real team is! :razz:

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

UNC and Duke are too popular.. I could never root for a team that I didn't live in the state..

Go Gophs.. Abu Shamala is the shizz!

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

the ohio state university is going to the final 4
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Itrey - don't look at the first sentence!!! OH YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    UNC smacks dook in Cameron!!!! That is the best win a Carolina team can have in the regular season.

As far as apolopgizing, again no need. I take no offense by anyone on here. I thought it was funny, there are way too many serious issues to worry about. I don't get too concerned about people saying things about teams I like.

Itrey just a little advice, if people start getting to you about your team just give it back to them. And realize it is JUST A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one goes hungry, gets hurt or injured, no one dies, it is just a game for ENJOYMENT. If your team wins you get to rub their (your heated rival's fan) noses in it. If they lose you get some ribbing of your own.

The game is made to be fun. You just don't sound like you are enjoying it enough. I would suggest you put a little less importance on it and be ready to see your team win or lose. I was quite prepared for some ribbing because I didn't really think that UNC would pull off the upset. But I knew it would be OK and even funny. Sometimes your rival comes up with some funny digs on your team!!

GO HEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! duck................ ah duck, duck, drake!!!!

Gotcha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    Itrey - don't look at the first sentence!!! OH YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    UNC smacks dook in Cameron!!!! That is the best win a Carolina team can have in the regular season.

As far as apolopgizing, again no need. I take no offense by anyone on here. I thought it was funny, there are way too many serious issues to worry about. I don't get too concerned about people saying things about teams I like.

Itrey just a little advice, if people start getting to you about your team just give it back to them. And realize it is JUST A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one goes hungry, gets hurt or injured, no one dies, it is just a game for ENJOYMENT. If your team wins you get to rub their (your heated rival's fan) noses in it. If they lose you get some ribbing of your own.

The game is made to be fun. You just don't sound like you are enjoying it enough. I would suggest you put a little less importance on it and be ready to see your team win or lose. I was quite prepared for some ribbing because I didn't really think that UNC would pull off the upset. But I knew it would be OK and even funny. Sometimes your rival comes up with some funny digs on your team!!

GO HEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! duck................ ah duck, duck, drake!!!!

Gotcha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sure, maybe you don't get hurt or injured. My old man beats me whenever Duke loses. :sad:

Just kidding. Of course I'm enjoying the games...I just hate it when they lose! Maybe it depends what day you catch me on. I think I was just grumpy when I got mad. :grin:

Besides, I can't get mad with someone with a sig of Frantic Fran, it just woulnd't be right, even if they are a tarholes fan!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast