Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

DON'T Screw with ME.

Hello all,

Have to partially vent and laugh at a situation from this morning.

VERY early in the a.m. my woman's business line rings. When she misses a business call on her blackberry, it kicks to the home land line.

I peek at the caller I.D. and it's "unknown". I'm pissed, as it is early and answered the call. I pick up and it's a "dialer" system asking me to hold and then after a minute a lady picks up.

Little Background: A while back I worked for a collections department for a Major U.S. financial institution. Didn't like it much, but I was good at it and it paid the bills at the time. So, I know the rules and reg's of the game, not to mention how to play it pretty well.

This lady procedes to ask for Mr. John Doe. I immediately asked where she was calling from and her name. She told me the business name and her first name only. (Classic collections call, not to mention she wasn't very good at it). I informed her that he's not at this number, never has, and we've had this phone number for about 5 years and have informed her agency NUMEROUS times he's not here and to remove our phone number from their data base. Also, I informed her that their dialer system was set up incorrectly, as the call came too early and to call at that time for collection of a debt is actually against the law.

She continues to ask for "Mr. John Doe" and get attitude with me. I asked for her supervisor, she got pissy and said hang on. Her mistake was though, as she was placing me on hold she didn't mute the call and I heard her call me a dickhead in the background. After being on hold for 4 minutes, the line disconnected and she had hung up on me.

OK, Pissed me off. Wanna play, let's play.

Info. I have:

a) Her first name
    b) Name of her 3rd party collection agency
    c) Name of person she's looking for
    d) Caller ID came up "Unknown"

So, I got up and proceded to make this woman's morning a nightmare.

As stated, I have a few old collection tricks in my bag, so I went to work.

First, found a phone number for the collection agency. Took a little work, as it was unlisted, but I found an address for the place in AR.. I called a few business nearbys, basically the business neighbors of the agency and got an actual phone number.

Second, called the agency and spoke with a few of her co-workers. Found out her last name. So, now I have her first and last name. Game over.

I ran a few Legal, internet searches to find a little info. on her. Long story short, she's behind on a few bills herself, very behind. I then called the agency again, spoke with H.R. and informed them I needed to speak with her ASAP. This is an old trick, cause if it's a savy H.R. person, they will assume it's a collection agency calling for her. But, I never directly state that.

They pass me along to her direct supervisor, I do the same to him and ask for her to contact me back. Again, never directly stating anything, but the point was passed along.

Then, since she lived in a small town in AR, I found her parents place, her only sibling (a brother) and also there is only one church in the town. I contact all three and leave the same message. Oh, I forgot, also left a message with the elderly lady immediate neighbor of her's. Sweet lady, said her husband was still home and stated she would walk the message over to him.

Now, we wait.

About an hour and a half later, I call the agency again ... block the number as always. Ask for her and get patched through. She answers and I stated, " So, who's the dickhead now ?" She goes what? I stated I was so and so from such an collections place. Immediately, she GOES OFF !!! Don't you ever do this and that again. Never contact my place of business, family, priest, neighbors .... etc, etc, etc ... AGAIN !!!

I advised her I actually wasn't from such and such company, but I was someone she called and pissed off in the past week, as she had the wrong phone number and if her lazy a$$ would do a little research, as I did, she would find him.

Then I stated, "Have a nice day, dickhead" and slammed the phone on the countertop, then hung up.

Petty ... sure.
    Waste of time ... sure.
    Loads of Fun ... HELLZ YA !!!!!!

Don't Screw with me early in the morning. :lol:

Del Rio Guest

Re: DON'T Screw with ME.

"mnjamie" wrote:
    Hello all,

Have to partially vent and laugh at a situation from this morning.

VERY early in the a.m. my woman's business line rings. When she misses a business call on her blackberry, it kicks to the home land line.

I peek at the caller I.D. and it's "unknown". I'm pissed, as it is early and answered the call. I pick up and it's a "dialer" system asking me to hold and then after a minute a lady picks up.

Little Background: A while back I worked for a collections department for a Major U.S. financial institution. Didn't like it much, but I was good at it and it paid the bills at the time. So, I know the rules and reg's of the game, not to mention how to play it pretty well.

This lady procedes to ask for Mr. John Doe. I immediately asked where she was calling from and her name. She told me the business name and her first name only. (Classic collections call, not to mention she wasn't very good at it). I informed her that he's not at this number, never has, and we've had this phone number for about 5 years and have informed her agency NUMEROUS times he's not here and to remove our phone number from their data base. Also, I informed her that their dialer system was set up incorrectly, as the call came too early and to call at that time for collection of a debt is actually against the law.

She continues to ask for "Mr. John Doe" and get attitude with me. I asked for her supervisor, she got pissy and said hang on. Her mistake was though, as she was placing me on hold she didn't mute the call and I heard her call me a dickhead in the background. After being on hold for 4 minutes, the line disconnected and she had hung up on me.

OK, Pissed me off. Wanna play, let's play.

Info. I have:

a) Her first name
    b) Name of her 3rd party collection agency
    c) Name of person she's looking for
    d) Caller ID came up "Unknown"

So, I got up and proceded to make this woman's morning a nightmare.

As stated, I have a few old collection tricks in my bag, so I went to work.

First, found a phone number for the collection agency. Took a little work, as it was unlisted, but I found an address for the place in AR.. I called a few business nearbys, basically the business neighbors of the agency and got an actual phone number.

Second, called the agency and spoke with a few of her co-workers. Found out her last name. So, now I have her first and last name. Game over.

I ran a few Legal, internet searches to find a little info. on her. Long story short, she's behind on a few bills herself, very behind. I then called the agency again, spoke with H.R. and informed them I needed to speak with her ASAP. This is an old trick, cause if it's a savy H.R. person, they will assume it's a collection agency calling for her. But, I never directly state that.

They pass me along to her direct supervisor, I do the same to him and ask for her to contact me back. Again, never directly stating anything, but the point was passed along.

Then, since she lived in a small town in AR, I found her parents place, her only sibling (a brother) and also there is only one church in the town. I contact all three and leave the same message. Oh, I forgot, also left a message with the elderly lady immediate neighbor of her's. Sweet lady, said her husband was still home and stated she would walk the message over to him.

Now, we wait.

About an hour and a half later, I call the agency again ... block the number as always. Ask for her and get patched through. She answers and I stated, " So, who's the dickhead now ?" She goes what? I stated I was so and so from such an collections place. Immediately, she GOES OFF !!! Don't you ever do this and that again. Never contact my place of business, family, priest, neighbors .... etc, etc, etc ... AGAIN !!!

I advised her I actually wasn't from such and such company, but I was someone she called and pissed off in the past week, as she had the wrong phone number and if her lazy a$$ would do a little research, as I did, she would find him.

Then I stated, "Have a nice day, dickhead" and slammed the phone on the countertop, then hung up.

Petty ... sure.
    Waste of time ... sure.
    Loads of Fun ... HELLZ YA !!!!!!

Don't Screw with me early in the morning. :lol:
    Marry me

Prophet Guest

:lol: Awesome story. I'm glad you have honed in your Rockford skills. You need to use these skills as part of the PP.O mafia troll patrol.

douginc is offline Starter

MNJamie - did you ever see that Dateline where that dude makes his entire income off of suing telemarketers that carry out illegal practices over the phone? Man, you could kick that guy's a--! The only thing cooler than you pissin' off telemarkets would be getting paid along with it.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

I'm now afraid to respond to any of your posts!

I have to confess; this is my idea of a modern day feel good story.
    We as average citizens get abused and taken advantage of by so many entities in so many ways. It's damn sickening.

Great vicarious slam dunk.

Also shows how easy it is for big brother now that we have the internet.

Is the internet a great thing? Maybe. Maybe not!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

You are my hero.

Prophet Guest

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

We as average citizens get abused and taken advantage of by so many entities in so many ways. It's gol 'darnit sickening.

Why did you just pour your OJ in the garbage? What a waste.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

If you kids only new the information that is out there on each and every one of us, for the public eye to view, if you know the right places too look and how to use the information ... It's scary.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA. that is freakin awesome.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

We as average citizens get abused and taken advantage of by so many entities in so many ways. It's gol 'darnit sickening.

Why did you just pour your OJ in the garbage? What a waste.
    I forgot about you. You don't need the internet all knowing one!

Have a good day.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast