Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Donnie Deutsch is an arrogant self-righteous bass turd!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:

LOL blame him for what?
    The only thing he has to be blamed for in that little event was being dumb enough to invite her on.
    I mean what she said was insensitive point blank.
    I don't care if you are liberal or conservative.
    It was wrong, yet its her opinion.
    We live in a country where we people have a right to that opinion.

Mike

Also I'm a democrat and proud of it.
    I don't buy this conspiracy of the liberal media!
    Now I'm open for any debate people want to have on politics in here as long as people are sensible and don't attack one another.
    Funny how those two sentences always seem to go together... ;D
    i dont know why it's funny, he's right.
    i'm a loser so i watch a lot of tv, and if liberals are running the media there sure are alot of conservative voices getting plenty of coverage.
    when clintons blow job was the talk of the media world, i dont remember the liberal media not leading with those stories every night.
    and it was a blow job.
    i turn on the tv and i see hannity, oreilly, coultier, patt robertson, bush, stephen colbert
    , and so on.

the conservatives have been running the country basically since they took over congress in the 90s but somehow they can't put a stop to this liberal media bias?
    as mr T would say, it's just more jibber jabber.

LMAO.
    You named the Fox news staff, the president and the Senior Political Correspondent of The Daily Show.
    If you want some liberal news, turn on CNN or MSNBC.

The liberal bias isn't a conspiracy, nor is it as bad as some would make it out to be.
    It isn't like the media at large makes a conscious decision to be more liberal in coverage.
    But the majority of the people who get involved in journalism tend to be more liberal in their belief.
    This comes through whether it is intended or not.

To be honest, CNN has gotten better in the past decade.
    There was a time when they were as ridiculous in their liberal bias as Fox news is/was in their right bias.
    This should be a litmus test for anyone out there who does not think they are biased.
    If you can't see the obvious bias in both of those stations, then the odds are that you are not being objective yourself.
    I am an independent voter who happens to like the fact that the media is more towards the liberal side...and I will tell you why.
    Moneyed interests tend to be conservative in nature...therefore, if we want to make sure that the moneyed interests just don't purchase good press, what better way than to have people who aren't driven by money watching and reporting on those aforementioned moneyed interests.
    Checks and balances...it is what this country was founded on...and what makes this country great.
    TRUST ME, the moneyed interests are STILL making GOBS of it...the only thing is that they have to do it HONESTLY...which I have NOTHING against.
    Remember, if the liberal media isn't acting as our watchdogs, then we have to do it ourselves...and I don't know about you, but I don't have the time to sit around and make sure that I'm not being taken advantage of by those who I don't have information on nor the ability to really investigate them thoroughly.
    Better that I have someone else that is willing to do this for me while I make my daily living...which keeps me busy enough.
    ONLY those who are opposed to being scrutinized are the ones that are not to be trusted.
    IF you are an honest businessman, you don't care who sees how you do business...because you have nothing to hide.
    The Enrons of the world are the ones that don't want regulation...but you see what that got us.
    Anyone who disagrees with this either hasn't thought it through or has an interest in making money in a shady manner.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:

LOL blame him for what?
    The only thing he has to be blamed for in that little event was being dumb enough to invite her on.

Mike

Now I'm open for any debate people want to have on politics in here as long as people are sensible and don't attack one another.
    i'm a loser so i watch a lot of tv, and if liberals are running the media there sure are alot of conservative voices getting plenty of coverage.
    when clintons blow job was the talk of the media world, i dont remember the liberal media not leading with those stories every night.
    and it was a blow job.
    i turn on the tv and i see hannity, oreilly, coultier, patt robertson, bush, stephen colbert
    , and so on.

the conservatives have been running the country basically since they took over congress in the 90s but somehow they can't put a stop to this liberal media bias?

LMAO.
    You named the Fox news staff, the president and the Senior Political Correspondent of The Daily Show.

The liberal bias isn't a conspiracy, nor is it as bad as some would make it out to be.
    It isn't like the media at large makes a conscious decision to be more liberal in coverage.
    But the majority of the people who get involved in journalism tend to be more liberal in their belief.

There was a time when they were as ridiculous in their liberal bias as Fox news is/was in their right bias.
    This should be a litmus test for anyone out there who does not think they are biased.
    If you can't see the obvious bias in both of those stations, then the odds are that you are not being objective yourself.
    well if you mean by questioning authority and getting scoops as liberal then okay, but it depends on what you are looking for.
    my thought process when i hear liberal bias is that they only cover negative stories about conservatives and push only liberal points of view.
    now on cnbc you have olberman, but you also have scarborough, chris matthews leans toward the left, but when he's not interupting all his guest he at least has a panel representing both sides fairly, less than what i can say for hannity and colmbs, which is just a joke.
    when i watch other news outlets i dont feel like i'm watching an agenda, its the topics of the day.
    now you can pick out specific shows where there is a liberal bias, but it's hard to compare anything to what fox does as a network to push the conservative agenda.
    maybe i am not being objective, but it's not like i dont watch fox news, i specifically do for the sole purpose of being able to have this kinda discussion.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

That wiley old conservative Stephen Colbert... Always stirring up us liberals with his radical conservative viewpoints.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:

LOL blame him for what?

Mike

and it was a blow job.
    , and so on.

LMAO.

I am an independent voter who happens to like the fact that the media is more towards the liberal side...and I will tell you why.
    Moneyed interests tend to be conservative in nature...therefore, if we want to make sure that the moneyed interests just don't purchase good press, what better way than to have people who aren't driven by money watching and reporting on those aforementioned moneyed interests.
    Checks and balances...it is what this country was founded on...and what makes this country great.
    TRUST ME, the moneyed interests are STILL making GOBS of it...the only thing is that they have to do it HONESTLY...which I have NOTHING against.
    Remember, if the liberal media isn't acting as our watchdogs, then we have to do it ourselves...and I don't know about you, but I don't have the time to sit around and make sure that I'm not being taken advantage of by those who I don't have information on nor the ability to really investigate them thoroughly.
    Better that I have someone else that is willing to do this for me while I make my daily living...which keeps me busy enough.
    ONLY those who are opposed to being scrutinized are the ones that are not to be trusted.
    IF you are an honest businessman, you don't care who sees how you do business...because you have nothing to hide.
    The Enrons of the world are the ones that don't want regulation...but you see what that got us.
    Anyone who disagrees with this either hasn't thought it through or has an interest in making money in a shady manner.
    Oh c'mon Cajun! Like there's no money on the liberal side?

The idea that Conservatives and their viewpoints are dictated by big business and liberals are somehow free from their influence is BS. Most politicians, whether they lie on the left or the right, are controlled by special interest groups, big business and their home constituency. Just follow the money trail.

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=Mikecarter81 link=topic=38896.msg657250#msg657250 date=1192754324]

LOL blame him for what?

Mike

and it was a blow job.
    , and so on.

LMAO.

The idea that Conservatives and their viewpoints are dictated by big business and liberals are somehow free from their influence is BS. Most politicians, whether they lie on the left or the right, are controlled by special interest groups, big business and their home constituency. Just follow the money trail.
    [/quote]

OF COURSE, liberals have some money on their side...BUT I speak from some experience.
    Case in point, I used to do quite a bit of antitrust legal work....mergers and acquisitions, to be precise.
    It was a proven fact that during a Democratic presidency (Clinton), the administrative agencies (who are all under the executive branch for the most part) that regulated mergers (the FTC and DOJ's Antitrust Division) scrutinized MANY MORE proposed mergers, to a GREATER DEGREE than those mergers that were proposed during the subsequent Republican presidency (Dubya).
    Since 2000, MANY MORE of these proposed mergers were allowed through without the second level scrutiny that was done to similar mergers during Clinton's presidency.
    This has directly benefited the large companies that were merging into even LARGER companies...most of whom are owned by wealthier stockholders than the average Joe.
    This has also had the effect of shrinking the number of competitors to the bare minimum (usually three) in many industries.
    I no longer work in antitrust, but I still keep up with what is going on...and when I see the number of competitors shrinking in any one given industry, I know that it isn't gonna be good for the common man...less jobs and less competition due to consolidation.
    In the end, big Republican business is the only winner here.
    What is your experience?

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

LOL, the Liberal media thing is funny.
    I've studied global policy and news for along time and while it was implied, it never has been such an issue as it is now.

yet call me paranoid, but its just an old bait and switch by the Republican think tank.

If people really looked past the stupid argument. They instead addressed what was really going on, people would realize how twisted things are at home.
    I mean if I was mostly responsible for 166 billion dollars to date on a war against both Iraq and Afganistan, over 3800 american casualties and had no nuclear weapons to show for it.
    I'd do everything in my media power to turn the attention to some other reason.
    The republicans are doing the same thing.
    I mean think about it who has a motive for blurring reality right now and focusing on a stupid topic as slanted media.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=38896.msg657254#msg657254 date=1192757330]
    [quote author=Mikecarter81 link=topic=38896.msg657250#msg657250 date=1192754324]

LOL blame him for what?

Mike

and it was a blow job.
    , and so on.

LMAO.

[/quote]

OF COURSE, liberals have some money on their side...BUT I speak from some experience.
    Case in point, I used to do quite a bit of antitrust legal work....mergers and acquisitions, to be precise.
    It was a proven fact that during a Democratic presidency (Clinton), the administrative agencies (who are all under the executive branch for the most part) that regulated mergers (the FTC and DOJ's Antitrust Division) scrutinized MANY MORE proposed mergers, to a GREATER DEGREE than those mergers that were proposed during the subsequent Republican presidency (Dubya).
    Since 2000, MANY MORE of these proposed mergers were allowed through without the second level scrutiny that was done to similar mergers during Clinton's presidency.
    This has directly benefited the large companies that were merging into even LARGER companies...most of whom are owned by wealthier stockholders than the average Joe.
    This has also had the effect of shrinking the number of competitors to the bare minimum (usually three) in many industries.
    I no longer work in antitrust, but I still keep up with what is going on...and when I see the number of competitors shrinking in any one given industry, I know that it isn't gonna be good for the common man...less jobs and less competition due to consolidation.
    In the end, big Republican business is the only winner here.
    What is your experience?
    [/quote]
    damn.
    if i had any idea what half of that meant i might have learned something.
    but i think it's kinda a for gone conclusion nowadays that big business is a republican thing.
    not to say there aren't liberals with power within industry but you don't have to do much to follow the trail of who scratches whos back to make the most money.
    i obviously don't know enough to speak in anything but general terms but why deflect the accusation by making an obvious claim like, "liberals have money too."
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    To accommodate tarkenton10's request from the Coulter thread:

"So basicaly all I am saying is if you are going to hold such high standards for Coulter hold them for the liberal nut jobs too.
    I don't see many threads starting off with

THAT FAT BIGOTED BASTARD MICHAEL MOORE, TED TURNER, GEOGE SOROSE, ROSI O'DONNELL."

For the record, I DID notice the glee with which he jumped all over Ann Coulter's remarks on his show...he just couldn't wait to grandstand...and to get some free publicity for his pathetic little show.
    What a douchebag...his real name should be Dunkme Douchebag!
    WOW!!!
    STILL NO tark!
    :

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"Mikecarter81" wrote:
    I've studied global policy and news for along time and while it was implied, it never has been such an issue as it is now.
    yet call me paranoid, but its just an old bait and switch by the Republican think tank.

If people really looked past the stupid argument. They instead addressed what was really going on, people would realize how twisted things are at home.
    I mean if I was mostly responsible for 166 billion dollars to date on a war against both Iraq and Afganistan, over 3800 american casualties and had no nuclear weapons to show for it, around 600,000 iraqi casualties.
    I mean think about it who has a motive for blurring reality right now and focusing on a stupid topic as slanted media.

Mike
    Added that one in for you. I think everyone needs to watch the movie outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's war on journalism. No, it's not from michael moore but they do interview Al Franken. Sorry Tarkenton10.

Their argument against fox news is this- There is absolutely no problem with having a conservative TV show or all day Conservative news network. The problem is that they claim to be "fair and balanced", say things like "we report, you decide" etc. I know some americans aren't that stupid but c'mon.. It's ridiculous. You can't claim you're fair and balanced when you prop some idiot wiener up there like Colmes and try to have him argue against a plethora of conservative pundits. Outfoxed really shows how the station turns the attention towards random and stupid issues when there is time of crisis within something the conservatives support. Let's see them put the actual iraqi casualty numbers up there or talk about Darfur for once.
    :

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:

I mean if I was mostly responsible for 166 billion dollars to date on a war against both Iraq and Afganistan, over 3800 american casualties and had no nuclear weapons to show for it, around 600,000 iraqi casualties.

Mike
    Added that one in for you. I think everyone needs to watch the movie outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's war on journalism. No, it's not from michael moore but they do interview Al Franken. Sorry Tarkenton10.

Their argument against fox news is this- There is absolutely no problem with having a conservative TV show or all day Conservative news network. The problem is that they claim to be "fair and balanced", say things like "we report, you decide" etc. I know some americans aren't that stupid but c'mon.. It's ridiculous. You can't claim you're fair and balanced when you prop some idiot wiener up there like Colmes and try to have him argue against a plethora of conservative pundits. Outfoxed really shows how the station turns the attention towards random and stupid issues when there is time of crisis within something the conservatives support. Let's see them put the actual iraqi casualty numbers up there or talk about Darfur for once.
    :
    They don't have the BALLS....except for Coulter, of course!
    LOL

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast