Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Don Imus Opens His Mouth Again

"baumy300" wrote:
    Sometimes I want that guy to give me a blow job, just so I can truthfully say that the smartest thing to ever come out of his mouth was my dick
    He would be saying very little then, wouldn't he?
    :P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Would anyone be complaining if Jesse Jackson called someone a cracker?
    Honestly I would hope so.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"Garland" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    you would hope so, but lets be realistic..one comic says the word "ni**er" and his entire life goes into shambles..black comics poke fun at whites left and right, and it results in success..name a white comic other than lisa lampanelli that does race humor and has success at the level of richard pryor, eddie murphy, dave chappelle, cedric the entertainer, steve harvey, bernie mac, dl hughley, the list goes on..

i personally think people need to stop taking ticky tack remarks so seriously, and i actually enjoy listening to black comedy that pokes fun at us as whites..with that being said, its still a sad reality that people are too serious the second somebody opens their mouth about them, and its unfortunate that whites are the ones that are the most scared to open their mouths regarding race issues..everybody has scared the hell out of us white people
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I heard worse racial comments come out of the mouths of comedians, all in the name of comedy. Yet they get away with it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    I have not heard comments myself. All I know of them is what has been posted in this thread. The only time I've ever heard Imus talk was in the clips that accompanied the 'nappy headed' story. Having said that, is it possible that he was suggesting that the reason pacman was arrested was because he was african american, and not that he commited the crimes because he was black? Those can be two completely different statements, and the four lines posted earlier could be read either way.
    Seems like Imus read my post while trying to come up with an explanation.
    8)

"singersp" wrote:
    I heard worse racial comments come out of the mouths of comedians, all in the name of comedy. Yet they get away with it.
    well for the most part people go to a comedy show to laugh and usually expect whatever ends up being said..people turn on the radio and theyre road raging or drinking too much coffee while listening, driving to or from work (neither are particularly fun or stress-free trips), and they poop their pants and become outraged

i heard lisa lampanelli say once that only one person has ever spoken up and heckled her for racist comments at a show..people will react based on the mood or environment theyre in

my opinion is that if comments like those that imus made the first time around offended anybody, then they mustve thought those comments applied to them based on their personal insecurities..if the girls on that team knew that they werent "nappy headed", and that they werent "hoes" then they wouldve just ignored it, but obviously something in the form of personal insecurity triggered that reaction
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"olson_10" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    you would hope so, but lets be realistic..one comic says the word "ni**er" and his entire life goes into shambles..black comics poke fun at whites left and right, and it results in success..name a white comic other than lisa lampanelli that does race humor and has success at the level of richard pryor, eddie murphy, dave chappelle, cedric the entertainer, steve harvey, bernie mac, dl hughley, the list goes on..

i personally think people need to stop taking ticky tack remarks so seriously, and i actually enjoy listening to black comedy that pokes fun at us as whites..with that being said, its still a sad reality that people are too serious the second somebody opens their mouth about them, and its unfortunate that whites are the ones that are the most scared to open their mouths regarding race issues..everybody has scared the hell out of us white people
    Okay, he hasn't hit that level of success yet, but he should, 'cause he's funny as hell.

[youtube=425,350]XWVrec9pT_g[/youtube]

"josdin00" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:

Okay, he hasn't hit that level of success yet, but he should, 'cause he's funny as hell.

difference is, some of us appreciate comedy for what it is, and some others dont..this guy is funny

i have better things to do with my life than notify the FCC each time somebody says something i dont agree with..if something is hateful or vulgar and i dont like it, i change the station, but that revelation doesnt cross the minds of some people..apparently there are people out there that dont understand that these radio show hosts say these things on purpose to get attention, and then these clowns give the guy all the attention he wants with their ridiculous public reactions to his comment, which ends up getting the guy more money and fame than he had before

heck in canada, we have a hockey tv guy named don cherry who is there to stir the pot and create controversy in addition to sharing his knowledge of the sport, and the more he says, the more some people start to hate him..now hes ultimately become one of the most famous people in the history of canada, just by capitalizing on the stupidity of people that take his comments too seriously

"olson_10" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:

difference is, some of us appreciate comedy for what it is, and some others dont..this guy is funny
    Yeah, he goes after all the 'safe' topics... race
    [youtube=425,350]9iLpQSuKqfo[/youtube]

...religion
    [youtube=425,350]SZgIIb-8x3o[/youtube]

...domestic abuse
    [youtube=425,350]GgI39jmNb4Q[/youtube]

...suicide
    [youtube=425,350]f_8SKoJKZWg[/youtube]

...drunk driving
    [youtube=425,350]a8XdE05uknE[/youtube]

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast