Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Don Imus Opens His Mouth Again

"gregair13" wrote:
    its only a racist comment if you think that way (thats not exactly what i mean, but i dunno how to explain it). if people just ignored the statement instead of blowing it up like it has been, there would be no problem.
    If people just ignore things then they will continue to happen. How is that solving the problem?

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

"marstc09" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    who cares?
    they're words.
    i'm tired of everyone going all crazy when someone says anything.
    i'm too grown up to get mad everytime someone says something relatively insulting.
    now if he beat the poop out of a black guy okay.
    but he just took a cheap shot, if even, like every black comic does describing white people, carlos mencia does about everyone, and so on.
    me and my friends say everything is g*y, does that mean i hate g*y people? it's time for us to take the bug out of our jiggly butt and not take ourselves so seriously.
    i think we'd live longer.

and imus is not inciting hate, just like comedians aren't, no one listens to imus and wants to believe and act like that wrinkily prick.
    unlike talking political heads, who people follow whole heartedly. and they get away with all kinds of assbackwards discrimanating talk.
    I guess there are "doers" and "watchers" in this world. If taking action and speaking out against what I feel is wrong makes me less of a grown up, well, then you might as well send me some Pampers because I am not going to stop.

BTW saying everything is "g*y" is just foolish. I laugh my jiggly butt off when I hear people talk like that. Sounds so intelligent.
    So what are you doing?
    Complaining ain't doing.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Anyways... Imus.... it's just a complete lack of common sense. You JUST got in trouble last year for similar comments, why would you even GET CLOSE to saying something like that... even if you meant it innocently.

Just a naive move.
    I think you made the best point so far. I believe he had a motive. He knew that was going to create a stir. Whether you think it was racist or not really is not the point. Either way he was stereotyping someone. If he meant what he says he meant, which is kaka del rio, then he is saying that cops have a thing out for different races.
    Actually I think Imus thought he was being sympathetic to Pacman in his original comments.
    Its as if he was making a point to come out and sound like he is not a racist; even more so, a supporter of the black community and their strife against racial profiling and police abuse.
    He saw a chance to stick up for an african-american athlete ('hey guys i'm on your side), yet he botched the shit out of it.

C Mac has the best point of it all.
    Why even step out on that ledge though.
    It makes no sense other than he is a moron.

"WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    who cares?
    they're words.
    i'm too grown up to get mad everytime someone says something relatively insulting.
    but he just took a cheap shot, if even, like every black comic does describing white people, carlos mencia does about everyone, and so on.
    me and my friends say everything is g*y, does that mean i hate g*y people? it's time for us to take the bug out of our jiggly butt and not take ourselves so seriously.

and imus is not inciting hate, just like comedians aren't, no one listens to imus and wants to believe and act like that wrinkily prick.
    unlike talking political heads, who people follow whole heartedly. and they get away with all kinds of assbackwards discrimanating talk.
    I guess there are "doers" and "watchers" in this world. If taking action and speaking out against what I feel is wrong makes me less of a grown up, well, then you might as well send me some Pampers because I am not going to stop.

BTW saying everything is "g*y" is just foolish. I laugh my jiggly butt off when I hear people talk like that. Sounds so intelligent.
    So what are you doing?
    Complaining ain't doing.
    I already wrote a letter and sent it to various places. Thank you very much.

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    ....About Pacman

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...s-at-it-again/

Wolf:
    “He’s also been arrested six times since being drafted by Tennessee in 2005.”

Imus:
    “What color is he?”

Wolf:
    “He’s African-American.”

Imus:
    “Well, there you go.
    Now we know.”
    UPDATE:
    A few readers have suggested that Imus was referring to a belief that African-Americans are more likely to be arrested because of police profiling.
    Reading the transcript might possibly cause a reasonable person to perhaps think that; listening to the audio tends to (in our opinion) rule out any positive spin that could be placed on this one.
    Besides, if Imus was trying to make a broader social comment regarding the question of whether black men are more likely to be arrested because of their race, he needs to offer up something more substantive than, “There you go.
    Now we know.”
    Especially in light of the Rutgers thing.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

How about Obama's preacher?
    I didn't hear Sharpton complaining about him. There was genuine, pure racism emanating from a church that Obama attended for 20 years.
    If Sharpton is so concerned about racism, why didn't he speak up there. Simply because Sharpton is a bigger racist than Imus ever hoped to be!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

"marstc09" wrote:
    "WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    who cares?
    they're words.

So what are you doing?
    Complaining ain't doing.
    Well that is something.
    I stand corrected.
    So who do you send a letter like that to?

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    How about Obama's preacher?
    I didn't hear Sharpton complaining about him. There was genuine, pure racism emanating from a church that Obama attended for 20 years.
    If Sharpton is so concerned about racism, why didn't he speak up there. Simply because Sharpton is a bigger racist than Imus ever hoped to be!
    That is because Sharpton is a moron who only wants to benefit himself.

Just for shits and giggles.

"WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    who cares?
    they're words.

So what are you doing?
    Complaining ain't doing.
    Well that is something.
    I stand corrected.
    So who do you send a letter like that to?
    I sent it to WABC/Citadel Broadcasting Corp, RFD-TV as well as a few congress people here in Wisconsin. I might send it to DC but I am still looking for the right person.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast