Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

Don Imus Opens His Mouth Again

....About Pacman

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...s-at-it-again/

Wolf:
    “He’s also been arrested six times since being drafted by Tennessee in 2005.”

Imus:
    “What color is he?”

Wolf:
    “He’s African-American.”

Imus:
    “Well, there you go.
    Now we know.”

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Re: Don Imus Opens His Mouth Again

I hope he gets kicked off the air again.
    The first time I didn't think he should have been punished so hard but if a life long radio man is this dumb he deserves to lose his job.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

At least it wasn't nappy headed ho

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

So what did he say?

He asked what color he was, is question was answered, and he said "now we know."

There's nothing there he could possibly be punished for, just like his nappy-headed hoes comment.

Everyone has the same freedom of speech, he can say any word he wants so long as it's not an FCC violation, even then it's just a fine(normally).

The old bigots have the same rights as everyone else.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"Mr" wrote:
    So what did he say?

He asked what color he was, is question was answered, and he said "now we know."

There's nothing there he could possibly be punished for, just like his nappy-headed hoes comment.

Everyone has the same freedom of speech, he can say any word he wants so long as it's not an FCC violation, even then it's just a fine(normally).

he is implying that the reason pacman has commited these crimes is because he is african america, dont u think thats a big deal?

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    So what did he say?

he is implying that the reason pacman has commited these crimes is because he is african america, dont u think thats a big deal?
    Yeah no shit... he should be kicked off again

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    So what did he say?

No I do not.

We have a little document called the Constitution, which allows Imus to say whatever he wants so long as it does not incite violence nor preach sedition.

Although I find Imus' comments morally questionable, he has done nothing wrong.

There are way worse people walking/talking all around America who go unnoticed, punish them instead of focusing on this old idiot.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

I will defer judgment on the content.
    I

will say though, that both PacMan (Adam) and Imus are morons.
    I stopped listening to what Imus has to say long before the Rutgers WBB incident.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    So what did he say?

No I do not.

We have a little document called the Constitution, which allows Imus to say whatever he wants so long as it does not incite violence nor preach sedition.

Although I find Imus' comments morally questionable, he has done nothing wrong.

There are way worse people walking/talking all around America who go unnoticed, punish them instead of focusing on this old idiot.
    I have to disagree, it is comments like that that are allowed to go unquestioned that can cause the very things you mentioned. And another reason why those other people are doing the same thing, the idea of "hey it's ok for guys l;like Imus and Limbaugh to say these things why not me.
    Don't get me wrong, there are things that even black people say that I don't agree with as well. We need to quit making excuses for what is being said and say wrong is wrong period. IT will change alot of things with race relations in this country.

Yes you are right there are those that walk around who go unnoticed but how many of them have a nationally broadcast radio or TV show? You are right it is free speech, but that doesn't mean there should not be a consequence. For example I could post every derogatory four letter word about Marr's Wife on this board(I am kidding of course and never would ) Free Speech? yeah I am sure that I could say that but I am pretty sure that I would have perhaps the biggest ban in the history of PPO. So it would be wrong for Webby or Ultra to ban me because I am just using free speech?

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Would anyone be complaining if Jesse Jackson called someone a cracker?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast