Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    C-PepNSalt is offline Pro-Bowler

Does anyone brew their own beer?

My uncle sent me his beer brewing kit. I'm wondering if anyone out there does this? I'm looking for a type of beer close to that of Sam Adams lite if possible, or just Sam Adams!
    "Johnson, we will keep on beating them until morale improves."

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Does anyone brew their own beer?

i wish i did. that would save me so much money. i would be ripped all the time
    We're bringing purple back.

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

nice

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I don't, it's kind of a long and tedious process.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

C-PepNSalt is offline Pro-Bowler

i plan on buying the wart...so that cuts it like 70% of the time
    "Johnson, we will keep on beating them until morale improves."

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

I've been brewing in one of those Mr Beer Brew Keg kits for over five years. I think it's great. It does take a while to go from making it to drinking it. The key is to get a cycle going. Have some ready to drink by the time you start with another batch. You can pretty much get a case going a week if you're up to it. I've perfected the craft after a lot of trial and error. It's best to get a case of Corona bottles (finish them off) and wash all the empties in the diswasher. Corona's great because it's a clear bottle so you get to see the process and check for any problems, and there aren't any labels you have to worry about peeling off. The trick is to make sure the bottles are extra clean and dry when you start (unwanted bacteria will kill your beer). I also purchased a bottler on the net (pretty cheap). Another must when home brewing. Check out their site. They have so many different beers you can brew, I'm sure you'll find the one you're looking for.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I do.

I even have my own forum where I hand them out!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

i did when i lived at home with my parents, i would brew it all the time with my dad..it takes quite awhile tho, thats the annoying thing
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"LAVike" wrote:
    I've been brewing in one of those Mr Beer Brew Keg kits for over five years. I think it's great. It does take a while to go from making it to drinking it. The key is to get a cycle going. Have some ready to drink by the time you start with another batch. You can pretty much get a case going a week if you're up to it. I've perfected the craft after a lot of trial and error. It's best to get a case of Corona bottles (finish them off) and wash all the empties in the diswasher. Corona's great because it's a clear bottle so you get to see the process and check for any problems, and there aren't any labels you have to worry about peeling off. The trick is to make sure the bottles are extra clean and dry when you start (unwanted bacteria will kill your beer). I also purchased a bottler on the net (pretty cheap). Another must when home brewing. Check out their site. They have so many different beers you can brew, I'm sure you'll find the one you're looking for.
    Problem is that you have to drink the Corona beer first! ukeright:

The WORST beer on the PLANET!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "LAVike" wrote:
    Problem is that you have to drink the Corona beer first! ukeright:

The WORST beer on the PLANET!!!

Ah . . . I think that honor goes to Mich Golden Light. Right up there with Natty Light, Red Stripe and paint thinner. ops:
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast