Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Doc Says I need a New Hobby

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=43013.msg736354#msg736354 date=1204905118]
    [quote author=pack93z link=topic=43013.msg736351#msg736351 date=1204904874]
    You need to stay away from me with that metal detector, I tried one once and that gol 'darnit thing never quite beeping.. it seemed to go off every time I got near my left foot.. friggin lying machine, I thought I struck it rich..
    ;D
    Your all cracking me up.

Am I to believe that no one on this site has ever took this hobby up?

So far I have looked at Garrett, Tesoro, Bounty Hunter and Fisher.
    Seems that Garrett is a cut above the rest with Tesoro and Bounty Hunter following them up.

I used one once when my brother lost his wedding ring raking leaves. Searched for hours didn't find it and right as we were giving up he sees it on the ground exactly where we were looking. Pissed me off something fierce. Hopefully you have better luck. >
    LOL, funny story my friend.

;D
    It might be worth while to read the instructions or get some brief training by the kid in the store.
    From what I hear, the adjustments and settings on the unit and greatly affect your results.
    Gonna get instructions from the kid (he said he would) and then gonna drive up and see my mechanic (fishing buddy) who does this alot.

Then gonna stop off at the package store (outta beer) and practice in my yard tonight.
    Should be fun to watch.

;D
    [/quote]

Just throw 10 nails or screws in your backyard and try to find them.
    This will force you to stay dedicated to your cause, since if you don't, you'll be patching up your mower's tires.
    ;D
    [/quote]
    I've been training my beagles not to dig holes in my yard and now I'm gonna go do it in front of them.
    Kindof ironic in a way.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Hey, I was in to see the doc yesterday and she says I need to do some low level exercise when I am not fishing or hunting.

I know it sounds funny but because of the weather lately, I haven't been fishing as much as I would like so I am looking for another hobby (Docs Recommendation) that would get me out of the house on weekends that I can't hunt or fish.

Doc recommended that I get a metal detector and spend some time on the beach.
    Walking in the sand, bending and digging for lost treasure ( ;D) does seem to be a fun idea.

Ideally I would like to get one of the more expensive VLF, water proof/Salt resistant brands but they run in the 700-1,000 dollar range.
    Not sure if I want to invest that much.

Anyway, gonna go out and check some detectors out tonight.
    Anyone else do this and what kindof detector do you use/recommend.
    I know Ned used to do this a lot, but I haven't seen him around in a while.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Apparently the fishes are onto your little plan here Marr..
    ;D

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"pack93z" wrote:
    You need to stay away from me with that metal detector, I tried one once and that damn thing never quite beeping.. it seemed to go off every time I got near my left foot.. friggin lying machine, I thought I struck it rich..
    ;D
    Pack, it's generally not a good idea to wear steel toed boots while partaking in this hobby.

"josdin00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Hey, I was in to see the doc yesterday and she says I need to do some low level exercise when I am not fishing or hunting.

I know it sounds funny but because of the weather lately, I haven't been fishing as much as I would like so I am looking for another hobby (Docs Recommendation) that would get me out of the house on weekends that I can't hunt or fish.

Doc recommended that I get a metal detector and spend some time on the beach.
    Walking in the sand, bending and digging for lost treasure ( ;D) does seem to be a fun idea.

Ideally I would like to get one of the more expensive VLF, water proof/Salt resistant brands but they run in the 700-1,000 dollar range.
    Not sure if I want to invest that much.

Anyway, gonna go out and check some detectors out tonight.
    Anyone else do this and what kindof detector do you use/recommend.
    I know Ned used to do this a lot, but I haven't seen him around in a while.
    I never new that.
    I will check into it with him when I get home. Maybe he can give me some tips.
    Thanks Jos.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"pack93z" wrote:
    Apparently the fishes are onto your little plan here Marr..
    ;D

LOL.
    That one is going up in the cube.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"josdin00" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    You need to stay away from me with that metal detector, I tried one once and that damn thing never quite beeping.. it seemed to go off every time I got near my left foot.. friggin lying machine, I thought I struck it rich..
    ;D
    Pack, it's generally not a good idea to wear steel toed boots while partaking in this hobby.
    LMAO.

"josdin00" wrote:
    I was bare foot,

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    I was bare foot,
    Bare FOOT is right!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    I was bare foot,
    Bare FOOT is right!

=Z=
    No it is the left one..
    ;D

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast