Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Doc Says I need a New Hobby

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    You need to stay away from me with that metal detector, I tried one once and that gol 'darnit thing never quite beeping.. it seemed to go off every time I got near my left foot.. friggin lying machine, I thought I struck it rich..
    ;D
    Your all cracking me up.

Am I to believe that no one on this site has ever took this hobby up?
    No - none of us are old farts yet.

=Z=
    LMAO!
    My dad bought one a couple years ago, but he's in his mid-sixties.
    ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    One word Marrdro: Meteorites! Take your fancy detector and take a walk out on some isolated frozen lake and if you see or detect a rock like thingy, Bingo! meteorite! Your rich (maybe) ;D Serious! I found a small one (I'll take a picture and post it) out in the high desert near my mom's house. Small iron meteorite. Just one more cool thing you can look for.
    Thanks Jereamiah.

Seems like I have narrowed it down to a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II ($249.00).
    One issue is a thing called "Ground Balancing" (no idea) that sometimes gives novices fits in the different types of soils..

Guy on my fishing page came through for me.
    Gave me a name of a kid who works at "Dicks" locally.
    Talked to him and I am on my way to see him in about an hour.

If all goes well, I will post some pics of me and Wildwoman hunting for meteorites. (JK ;D)

Lots of places to hunt for civil war stuff around our house.
    Probably picked clean.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    You need to stay away from me with that metal detector, I tried one once and that gol 'darnit thing never quite beeping.. it seemed to go off every time I got near my left foot.. friggin lying machine, I thought I struck it rich..
    ;D
    Your all cracking me up.

So far I have looked at Garrett, Tesoro, Bounty Hunter and Fisher.
    Seems that Garrett is a cut above the rest with Tesoro and Bounty Hunter following them up.

I used one once when my brother lost his wedding ring raking leaves. Searched for hours didn't find it and right as we were giving up he sees it on the ground exactly where we were looking. Pissed me off something fierce. Hopefully you have better luck. >

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    ;D
    Your all cracking me up.

Seems that Garrett is a cut above the rest with Tesoro and Bounty Hunter following them up.

I used one once when my brother lost his wedding ring raking leaves. Searched for hours didn't find it and right as we were giving up he sees it on the ground exactly where we were looking. Pissed me off something fierce. Hopefully you have better luck. >
    LOL, funny story my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    ;D
    Your all cracking me up.

;D
    It might be worth while to read the instructions or get some brief training by the kid in the store.
    From what I hear, the adjustments and settings on the unit and greatly affect your results.

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    ;D
    Your all cracking me up.

;D
    It might be worth while to read the instructions or get some brief training by the kid in the store.
    From what I hear, the adjustments and settings on the unit and greatly affect your results.
    Gonna get instructions from the kid (he said he would) and then gonna drive up and see my mechanic (fishing buddy) who does this alot.

Then gonna stop off at the package store (outta beer) and practice in my yard tonight.
    Should be fun to watch.
    ;D

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Don't forget a nice lite spade to dig up your treasure..

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Then gonna stop off at the package store (outta beer) and practice in my yard tonight.
    Should be fun to watch.

;D
    Make sure you've taped your AARP card to the front of your vest so the neighbors realize you've totally given up.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=pack93z link=topic=43013.msg736351#msg736351 date=1204904874]
    ;D
    Your all cracking me up.

;D
    Gonna get instructions from the kid (he said he would) and then gonna drive up and see my mechanic (fishing buddy) who does this alot.

Should be fun to watch.

;D
    [/quote]

Just throw 10 nails or screws in your backyard and try to find them.
    This will force you to stay dedicated to your cause, since if you don't, you'll be patching up your mower's tires.
    ;D

"pack93z" wrote:
    Don't forget a nice lite spade to dig up your treasure..

I guess I need like two or three of them.
    Small spade for dirt and a scope like doodad for sandy soil.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast