Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Do you know what happened today, Nov. 13th?

Do you know?
    ;D

[youtube=425,350]Af1h4ibpKJA[/youtube]
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Vikeman is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Do you know what happened today, Nov. 13th?

"VikingMike" wrote:
    Do you know?
    ;D

Do you know what else had taken place on Nov. 13, 1994?
    It was a day I will never forget as it was a most embarrassing day for us Vikes fans.
    I was in attendance at that old dump, Foxboro stadium in Foxboro Mass.
    I was all decked out in my purple and gold, and even had my picture taken with three Pats cheerleaders.
    The Vikes were 7-2, and the Pats 3-6.
    W. Moon hit Q, Ismail w/ a 72 yd. td pass late in the 2nd qtr. to lift the Vikes to a 20-3 h-time lead.
    Thirty to Forty percent of fickle, fair-weather Pats fan were swarming towards the exits.
    At that time I ventured down to get refreshments for wifey and I, when I bumped into a very petite woman who was having a panic attack due to the volume of people.
    (Typical Pats fan)
    I felt really bad for her so I stayed with her until we found her husband.
    Just prior to this I heard the crowd erupt, and I just knew it wasn't good.
    When I arrived back at our seats, my wife informed me that Mr. Parcells and mr. Bledsoe had employed the no-huddle offense and drove right down the field and scored a TD to make the score 20-10.
    The Pats eventually tied the game at 20-20 to get to OT.
    Of course, the Pats won the toss and drove right down the field and Bedsore hit Kevin Turner in the corner of the end zone, beating Carlos Jenkins to the ball.
    This was the game in which Bedsore set the completion record and completed 34 in-a-row.
    Wifey and I had the distinct pleasure of being pelted w/ food, beer verbal abuse and I was covered in spittle from a screaming Pats fan all up in my personal space.
    He had 10 or so buddies just waithing for me to grab this guy by the throat.
    The Vikes spiraled downward and lost a home playoff game to the freakn' Dave Wannstedt coached Bears, 35-18.
    The Pats never lost again until the first round of the playoffs--ironically to the B. Belichick coached Browns.
    So the moral of the story is don't go out of your way to help an opposing fan because it will not come back to you in a good way, and please, never mention Nov. 13 again.
    Go Vikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A good friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body.

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

I wish I would have known this was such an unlucky day, as I got married 5 years to the day to my now ex wife lmao!!!!!! 11/13/99 another bad day.......lol

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Yes I know,the 13 th of Nov. it is the day TNT declares she is pregnant
    El underdog.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikeman" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    Do you know?
    ;D
    It was a day I will never forget as it was a most embarrassing day for us Vikes fans.
    I was all decked out in my purple and gold, and even had my picture taken with three Pats cheerleaders.
    W. Moon hit Q, Ismail w/ a 72 yd. td pass late in the 4th qtr. to lift the Vikes to a 20-3 h-time lead.
    Thirty to Forty percent of fickle, fair-weather Pats fan were swarming towards the exits.
    At that time I ventured down to get refreshments for wifey and I, when I bumped into a very petite woman who was having a panic attack due to the volume of people.
    (Typical Pats fan)
    When I arruved back at our seats, my wife informed me that Mr. Parcells and mr. Bledsoe had employed the no-huddle offense and drove right down the field and scored a TD to make the score 20-10.
    Of course, the Pats won the toss and drove right down the field and Bedsore hit Kevin Turner in the corner of the end zone, beating Carlos Jenkins to the ball.
    This was the game in which Bedsore set the completion record and completed 34 in-a-row.
    Wifey and I had the distinct pleasure of being pelted w/ food, beer verbal abuse and I was covered in spittle from a screaming Pats fan all up in my personal space.
    The Vikes spiraled downward and lost a home playoff game to the freakn' Dave Wannstedt coached Bears, 35-18.
    The Pats never lost again until the first round of the playoffs--ironically to the B. Belichick coached Browns.
    So the moral of the story is don't go out of your way to help an opposing fan because it will not come back to you in a good way, and please, never mention Nov. 13 again.

Wow, that's some story...and a very painful memory, Vikeman.

Not to mention that it is an unlucky day for you too vikeswin2005.

At least we can rest assured that Felix and Oscar got along and didn't kill each other.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    Do you know?
    ;D
    W. Moon hit Q, Ismail w/ a 72 yd. td pass late in the 4th qtr. to lift the Vikes to a 20-3 h-time lead.
    (Typical Pats fan)
    When I arruved back at our seats, my wife informed me that Mr. Parcells and mr. Bledsoe had employed the no-huddle offense and drove right down the field and scored a TD to make the score 20-10.

Wow, that's some story...and a very painful memory, Vikeman.

Not to mention that it is an unlucky day for you too vikeswin2005.

At least we can rest assured that Felix and Oscar got along and didn't kill each other.
    Besides spending most of my entire life existing in their midst, that is another reason I hate Pats fans so much I had to pen a book about them titled, "New England Bandwagon Nation."

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Well be happy the day is over.

One of my girls broke her wrist at soccer tonight. The day lives on
    We're bringing purple back.

"gregair13" wrote:

Daughters, or girls in the pimp sense? Either way it's no good.

"gregair13" wrote:

Sorry to hear that news.
    Hope it's not too serious of a break and hope it heals fast!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Vikeman" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    Do you know?
    ;D

W. Moon hit Q, Ismail w/ a 72 yd. td pass late in the 2nd qtr. to lift the Vikes to a 20-3 h-time lead.
    (Typical Pats fan)
    When I arrived back at our seats, my wife informed me that Mr. Parcells and mr. Bledsoe had employed the no-huddle offense and drove right down the field and scored a TD to make the score 20-10.
    That game sucked

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast