Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

Do you know anyone that suffers from Hyperhidrosis?

Hyperhidrosisis a disorder characterized by excessive sweating that occurs in up to 1% of the population. The excessive sweating can occur in the hands (palmar hyperhidrosis), in the armpits (axillary hyperhidrosis), or in the feet (plantar hyperhidrosis). Although nobody understands the exact cause of this excessive sweating in specific individuals, it is known that the sweating is controlled by the sympathetic nervous system.

I've never been diagnosed with Hyperhidrosis, but I'm almost positive that I have it, because my hands are constantly sweating. It's not obvious to other people, but it's very irritating to those who suffer from Hyperhidrosis. And that's because it effects your everyday life, for example, if I give someone a handshake, their hand is going to immediatly turn moist.

Or I'll have trouble exchanging money in public because my hands are constantly sweating.

It really sucks, because it effects your everday life in so many ways.

I've never met anyone that has this condition.

But I was wondering, have any of you ever heard of this?
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Do you know anyone that suffers from Hyperhidrosis?

Personally i dont know anyone that has this problem but my mom's friend has this problem. everytime she shakes someones hand, its usually wet and moist. Her hands would drip with sweat and she would watch the sweat drip down her arm, pretty nasty. Another time my mom says that when she took off her slippers, there would be a huge wet footprint wherever she first stood.

Youre not alone buddy, hang in there and i feel for you, it can really change your life.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I've shaken hands with people who have clammy hands, but not really sweaty. Do you just live with it or can it be treated?

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

I know someone who has it.....you should go tp your doctor it can be treated

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

boognish is offline Coordinator

Your first step is to goto a doctor to rule out other causes and accurately diagnose you (gotta make sure it's not just from drinking all that cheap beer over there in Milwaukee :wink: ). There are various treatment options out there for you, from topical creams to oral pills to surgery to remove some glands.

Sounds like a royal pain in the butt. Good luck man.
    I am a dipshit!!!

So far I've just been living with it and I haven't been to a doctor to be diagnosed.

But like boognish said, I've read that there are various treatment options avaiable.

I'm going to go to a doctor soon and see what he or she says, and then go from there.

Another product that I heard was helpful is something called "Drysol". But you have to get a prescription for that. I'm willing to try almost ANYTHING, because this is SO irritating. :sad:

I try not to complain about it, because I know that there are people who have worse conditions/ diseases, but it's REALLY embbarassing.

I really appreciate the support from everyone.

I thought you guys would think I'm a freak and then kick me off PurplePride.org :lol:
    Young bitches is grazed

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePride80" wrote:
    So far I've just been living with it and I haven't been to a doctor to be diagnosed.

But like boognish said, I've read that there are various treatment options avaiable.

I'm going to go to a doctor soon and see what he or she says, and then go from there.

Another product that I heard was helpful is something called "Drysol". But you have to get a prescription for that. I'm willing to try almost ANYTHING, because this is SO irritating. sad

I try not to complain about it, because I know that there are people who have worse conditions/ diseases, but it's REALLY embbarassing.

I really appreciate the support from everyone.

I thought you guys would think I'm a freak and then kick me off PurplePride.org lol
    Everybody has their problems, your not the only one. Good luck with your treatment.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePride80" wrote:
    Hyperhidrosisis a disorder characterized by excessive sweating that occurs in up to 1% of the population. The excessive sweating can occur in the hands (palmar hyperhidrosis), in the armpits (axillary hyperhidrosis), or in the feet (plantar hyperhidrosis). Although nobody understands the exact cause of this excessive sweating in specific individuals, it is known that the sweating is controlled by the sympathetic nervous system.

I've never been diagnosed with Hyperhidrosis, but I'm almost positive that I have it, because my hands are constantly sweating. It's not obvious to other people, but it's very irritating to those who suffer from Hyperhidrosis. And that's because it effects your everyday life, for example, if I give someone a handshake, their hand is going to immediatly turn moist.

Or I'll have trouble exchanging money in public because my hands are constantly sweating.

One of my cousins had the armpit version...she had some sort of surgery and now she is cured. See a doctor...that way you can assess your options. No need to go through life suffering from a treatable condition. And as far as kicking you off, you will find that we will do just opposite...which is that we will stand behind you 100% in your quest to find a cure...unless you do this: :fart: Then we won't be standing behind you...but we will still show you our support regardless! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "PurplePride80" wrote:

One of my cousins had the armpit version...she had some sort of surgery and now she is cured. See a doctor...that way you can assess your options. No need to go through life suffering from a treatable condition. And as far as kicking you off, you will find that we will do just opposite...which is that we will stand behind you 100% in your quest to find a cure...unless you do this: :fart: Then we won't be standing behind you...but we will still show you our support regardless! :grin:

LOL! :lol:
    Young bitches is grazed

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePride80" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "PurplePride80" wrote:

LOL! :lol:
    That's the spirit! Now get your narrow A$$ to that doctor!!! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast