Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21
    UndisputedVike's Avatar
    UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    748

    Re: Do you consider golf a sport?

    No.

    I despise Golf and believe it shouldn't be considered a sport, but who am I to judge something of it stature, Billiards...although I enjoy it and play myself, it's really not a sport in my opinion.

  2. #22
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: Do you consider golf a sport?

    "canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    So you consider poker to be a sport???

    And spelling bees too??

    why do your posts say "leet"?

  3. #23
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,005

    Re: Do you consider golf a sport?

    I consider golf a sport and I was a multisport athlete in college and high school


    I play rugby for god's sake...


    Golf is absolutely a sport and its competitive, the outcome's not staged, and even though it seems boring to some it takes skill and power to be good. Tiger Woods bench presses 350+

    A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

  4. #24
    canadian_vikes_fan's Avatar
    canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,322

    Re: Do you consider golf a sport?

    "WVV" wrote:
    "canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    So you consider poker to be a sport???

    And spelling bees too??

    why do your posts say "leet"?
    Woah. It's back to normal now. Weird.

    Thanks PPE for the sig.

  5. #25
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: Do you consider golf a sport?

    How about Frolf, is that a sport?

  6. #26
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Do you consider golf a sport?

    Of course golf is a sport! I didn't even think it was a debate.

    It's a physical activity that requires A LOT of practice to master. Plus, there is a huge mental aspect to the game as well. Although you may not have to be a great "athlete" to play golf, a golf swing is one of the hardest things in sports to master, and it definately takes a lot of practice and physical ability.

    "johnnyreeferseed" wrote:
    Golf, tennis, NASCAR, bowling, etc....maybe sports, but they're not worth the time they get on TV. Does anybody actually watch golf or tennis? The only reason to watch tennis, is if there's some hot chicks playing. Golf chicks mostly look like dudes so there's no reason to watch them.

    The only sports that really matter are football, boxing and hockey
    There are actually a lot of people that watch golf on television, myself included. The Major tournaments get some pretty high ratings. The PGA wouldn't be on ABC if they weren't making money and getting viewers.

    And based upon your argument that golf doesn't deserve the TV time it gets, how can you say that boxing and hockey matter? Boxing ratings have been wayyyy down over the past decade or so, and women's college softball got higher TV ratings than the Stanely Cup last year. Boxing and hockey are actually TOTALLY irrelevant in the eyes of most American sports fans.

  7. #27
    vikingTurf's Avatar
    vikingTurf is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    134

    Re: Do you consider golf a sport?

    "johnnyreeferseed" wrote:
    Golf, tennis, NASCAR, bowling, etc....maybe sports, but they're not worth the time they get on TV. Does anybody actually watch golf or tennis? The only reason to watch tennis, is if there's some hot chicks playing. Golf chicks mostly look like dudes so there's no reason to watch them.

    The only sports that really matter are football, boxing and hockey
    ok, if u say so. BTW, you are talking about lawn hockey right.
    ;D

  8. #28
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: Do you consider golf a sport?

    I think you should differentiate between "sports" and "games." A sport is something that takes athletic ability,and is also competitive. A game, on the other hand, does not necessarily require athletic abitlity, but does require skill and competitiveness.

    Simply put, if a fat drunkard like John Daly (God bless him) can play golf, it's a game, not a sport. Same goes for bowling, pool, poker, and curling, all of which one may perform better at if drinking is involved (Lord knows I do). In fact, perhaps that's a good barometer for sport: if you can do it while drinking, it ain't a sport.

    As for NASCAR, it is neither a game nor a sport. It is mindless entertainment (and would probably be infinitely more entertaining if all the participants were as hammered as the hillbillies that watch it).

  9. #29
    ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    391

    Re: Do you consider golf a sport?

    Anything that you can participate in while drinking beer at the same time is not a sport...
    That said, I have a tremendous amount of respect for anyone that strives to be the best at what they do.

  10. #30
    scottishvike's Avatar
    scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Posts
    1,715
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Do you consider golf a sport?

    Of course it's a sport, but then I would say that living about 30 miles away from Saint Andrews, the home of golf.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fantasy Golf-Please read if you've ever done golf
    By molineviking in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 06:07 PM
  2. You beat us 0-2 in "our" sport and now this?
    By El Vikingo in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 06-28-2009, 10:08 PM
  3. Not into any sport other than NFL
    By StillPurple in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 10:47 PM
  4. A Sport to Die For
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-31-2007, 07:39 PM
  5. Worst TV Sport
    By RK. in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-19-2005, 03:58 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •