Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Do any of you play/used to play football?

I've played since the 5th grade. Im currently a junior in HS. In the past two seasons, our team record is 2-18.... yeah we sucked.

I didnt play much varsity the past 2 years though, not that I as a lineman would have made that big of an individual difference. In JV we were 17-3 or 16-4 the past two years.

We are the smallest school in our group, and play in the most unfair conference I've ever seen, by far.

I've been playing for a while, I love the game of football, but I just don't think it's the right sport for me to play. I more than have the physical tools for it, I'm 6'3 245, I'm not a sloppy 245, Im in good shape, I'd like to think I'm smart, especially compared to the rest of the big guys on our team...

But I just don't have the mentality for it. I've stuck it out the past few years, but really have not enjoyed myself at all. Not just because we were losing, a lot, by a lot, every week. But I dreaded going to practice, they were easy practices most of the time too. It is really just my mentality, which I can't really change without something really drastic happening to me or someone I'm close too... which I obviously wouldn't want happening. I'm a passive guy. I don't start any fights, and certainly no one starts them with me.

With our terrible record over the past two years, our head coach "resigned" (He was really pressured to push down by the Boosters and Alumni associations I think, I know he would never give up on the great team we have coming in next year), he is still the AD at the school, just no longer football coach. He's one of the best guys I've ever met. He's really a great man and he might have been the only one keeping me playing... and my parents.

I'm seriously considering not playing next year.

I don't care if you don't respond to this really, but I'd like to hear someone's advice.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Hehe, here are some picturee of me with the Junior team in grade 10, I'm in the top left. Luckily I grew a lot in grade 11 and 12 .

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I quit my Senior year this year.. Played Freshman through Junior as a WR/CB mostly on JV..

Got a lil playing time on ST on Varsity but I never took it too seriously to make the jump to Varisty.. I was skipping practices and jogging during the ones I went to..

Worst desicion I ever made.. So those who are thinking about quitting don't do it.. I regret it everyday and every single play I watch of football

coreyd is offline Coach

I used to play quarterback. I am like the best I know. Boy, if I could go back in time we woulda won state.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

I'm playing 9 Vs 9 tackle
    O-line
    Just 14, 101.6 kilo's and 6'2/6'3
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

LB and DE. coaches want me to play TE, but offense isnt my thing.
    9-1 baby!!!

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

:cry: Everyone ignored what I wrote. That's okay, I guess. Greasy pancakes can't talk.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

I play football, we play offensive line, RG or LG doesn't matter, going to start on varsity next year!!! we almost made the playoffs but we lost it by one game!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    :cry: Everyone ignored what I wrote. That's okay, I guess. Greasy pancakes can't talk.
    Especially when they're dead & decaying inside an extremely wide, thin coffin. :lol:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Played High School ball on a mediocre team that became awesome when the Head Coach retired a couple years after I graduated.

Became a key part of a Legendary Pick-Up Team while I was stationed in the USMC. Looking back on it, I'm still amazed nobody was paralyzed or even killed. After these outlawed games were played, EVERYONE was bruised and bloody. In some cases a trip to the Hospital was necessary for a sprain or break.

It was a game with no protective equipment and everyone playing with very high intensity. It was savage football at its best!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345