Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Do any of you play/used to play football?

Im a sophomore first string safety and kick returner in jv high school
    and third string qb. I got the arm, just not much control :P

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

im a sophmore lb and te at mechanicsburg high school. What? never heard of tghat place. its a little tiny town and were divison 6 in ohio. our team did go 10-0 this year before losing in the first round of the play0ffs.

www.burgfootball.com
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I played Pop-Warner for a while.. Linebacker and TE. I was alright but never good enough for HS or anything so i said screw it.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Flag, haha. Other than that I played in elementary school. I was a quarterback then which basically consisted of knowing which side to hand the ball off on, lol. I threw like 3 passes and they were all to the running backs.

Basketball was always my sport. I played Varisty golf my freshman year too, then quit to lift and practice for basketball. All in all I played 3 years of varsity basketball where we were 21-7 (county champs), 29-4 (county champs, 2nd in districts, elite 8 in states), and 22-6 (3rd in districts). I almost played in college this year, but decided against it. It was fun in high school though.

With that said, sometimes I wish I would have played more football. I think I could have been a decent reciever or a quarterback. Like Gopher said, maybe next lifetime!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"ltrey33" wrote:
    Flag, haha. Other than that I played in elementary school. I was a quarterback then which basically consisted of knowing which side to hand the ball off on, lol. I threw like 3 passes and they were all to the running backs.

Basketball was always my sport. I played Varisty golf my freshman year too, then quit to lift and practice for basketball. All in all I played 3 years of varsity basketball where we were 21-7 (county champs), 29-4 (county champs, 2nd in districts, elite 8 in states), and 22-6 (3rd in districts). I almost played in college this year, but decided against it. It was fun in high school though.

With that said, sometimes I wish I would have played more football. I think I could have been a decent reciever or a quarterback. Like Gopher said, maybe next lifetime!
    Nice ltery,
    I played alot of golf in Jr and SR high....and then some..

I grew up with a golf course in my backyard....Used to caddy and work there also..

I got away from it though, and now adays, way to expensive for my taste....

I did love the game though..

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I played safety in Junior High, but then everybody really out grew me & I figured I was way to small to compete.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:

Nice ltery,
    I played alot of golf in Jr and SR high....and then some..

I grew up with a golf course in my backyard....Used to caddy and work there also..

I got away from it though, and now adays, way to expensive for my taste....

I did love the game though..
    The cost is definately one setback of it. My dad pays most of the times that we go though, so I don't have to worry about it too much yet. Usually we shop around and look for coupons in the paper and stuff and we usualy get early morning rounds on weekdays for 20 or 30 dollars. We have a bunch of courses around here, so it's not too bad. The equipment is one of the big expenses, but I just look at it as an investment. I've had most of my clubs for 5 years now, my driver being the only expception which I won in a tournament last year. I couldn't be one of those guys who gets new clubs every few years, or even a new driver or something, cuz they're even 300 or 400 dollars. A full set of clubs is 800-1000, so it's crazy expensive.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I was a quaterback at a small private school in NY...
    I played flag intermediate in College

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I was a RB in Middle and High School. I made it to Varsity my sophmore year, but was kicked off the team because of grades. I moved to Wisconsin when I was 13. I never adapted to school here, and kinda missed my friends in Florida. I was in Baseball in FLA for 8 years, and most know that you play all year round in Florida.. So that was 8 solid years.. I was a catcher in Baseball, made the All-Stars every year as starting catcher.

The reason I got into Football was basically to rebel against my father. I was so mad at him for moving me from Fla, that I wanted to make him mad. He wanted to sign me up for Baseball when we moved here, so knowing that, and even though I loved baseball, I chose to rebel.

It came time for Football season, so I asked my father if I could go out for football. He said no, that he didn't want me to play football, and that he wanted me to play baseball. So I went to my mom, told her dad said it was alright to play football, and that I needed a parents signauture to play. So she signed it, and I was the starting running back because of my speed.

I was kicked off the team because I never went to school. I couldn't adapt to school here so I skipped all the time when I got to high school. I eventually went on home schooling, and graduated from there. Long story short, I never played baseball again from 91 to current..

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I played tight end in HS and in college at Hamline University in St. Paul.
    But my real strength was swimming. I got through college on a swiming scholarship.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast