Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50
  1. #1
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,065

    Do any of you play/used to play football?

    Just wondering if any of you played or still play football.

    If so on what levels and where at. Also the position.

    I played in middle school, high school, and now college in Eureka Illinois.

    I'm a RB.

    That is all. Carry on.

  2. #2
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Do any of you play/used to play football?

    I played through high school. I played TE and CB. Have just played flag football since then.

  3. #3
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Do any of you play/used to play football?

    FB and DE for MS. No, not Michigan State....Marshall Senior.

  4. #4
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Do any of you play/used to play football?

    I played

    DT at Clearfiled High.

    I played 4 years at Wooster University one year at DE and 3 years at DT and 1 play at kicker.

  5. #5
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Do any of you play/used to play football?

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I played

    DT at Clearfiled High.

    I played 4 years at Wooster University one year at DE and 3 years at DT and 1 play at kicker.
    So how was your kicking debut? Was it an extra point, field goal, kickoff? You must have either sucked or it was the last play of your career. lol

  6. #6
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Do any of you play/used to play football?

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I played

    DT at Clearfiled High.

    I played 4 years at Wooster University one year at DE and 3 years at DT and 1 play at kicker.
    So how was your kicking debut? Was it an extra point, field goal, kickoff? You must have either sucked or it was the last play of your career. lol
    I kicked an extra point through the uprights and scored my team 1 point baby.

    Our kicker got knocked out, he had a serious concusion and they took him off to the hospital. Our backup kicker got hit so hard on a punt (he was the punter) that he was taken off of the field later to find out he had a swollen kidney and he never played again.

    I was always bugging my coach to let me play FB because I wanted to run people over. It was the joke of the team everytime coach called for the RB's to gather round I joined them.

    So he was out of kickers.....I had been giving him shit for 2 years to let me run the ball at RB. So his little way of getting revenge was making me kick the extra point. It was ugly, it barely made it, but it went in.

    He never did let me play FB damn him.

  7. #7
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Do any of you play/used to play football?

    I was the FG kicker on JV. But, we never even attempted it.

    Our last game of the season we were down by 2 with less than 20 seconds. We were at the 20. I told the coach I could nail it. He chose not to and we lost. I was bombing them consistantly from 45 prior to the game.

    I was never the greatest player out there and I will not tell far reaching stories. But, I was a goof FG kicker and practiced every day on our farm.

    Heck, this year (before practice) I was a coach and during one of the practices my buddy, who I coach with, tried one from around 20 yards. I laughed when it did a line drive off the ground 10 feet in front of the 'T'. So, he wanted to see if I was any better sinced I laughed. So, I grabbed a roll of tape from my bag and walked back to the 40. I boomed that sucker and still had some on it! The way the goalpost is set up and the lines probably were not accurate, I figured betweem 40-45.

    Like I said, I was always good at some part of football! :grin:

  8. #8
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Do any of you play/used to play football?

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I was the FG kicker on JV. But, we never even attempted it.

    Our last game of the season we were down by 2 with less than 20 seconds. We were at the 20. I told the coach I could nail it. He chose not to and we lost. I was bombing them consistantly from 45 prior to the game.

    I was never the greatest player out there and I will not tell far reaching stories. But, I was a goof FG kicker and practiced every day on our farm.

    Heck, this year (before practice) I was a coach and during one of the practices my buddy, who I coach with, tried one from around 20 yards. I laughed when it did a line drive off the ground 10 feet in front of the 'T'. So, he wanted to see if I was any better sinced I laughed. So, I grabbed a roll of tape from my bag and walked back to the 40. I boomed that sucker and still had some on it! The way the goalpost is set up and the lines probably were not accurate, I figured betweem 40-45.

    Like I said, I was always good at some part of football! :grin:
    You are STILL a goof! :razz:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  9. #9
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Do any of you play/used to play football?

    I played in high school (DB) and was fortunate enough to play on a team that won the Louisiana AAA State Championship my senior year...so my career ended basically the same way that Bettis and Elway's careers ended...I went out as a champion at the highest level that I played at! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #10
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Do any of you play/used to play football?

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I played in high school (DB) and was fortunate enough to play on a team that won the Louisiana AAA State Championship my senior year...so my career ended basically the same way that Bettis and Elway's careers ended...I went out as a champion at the highest level that I played at! :grin:
    Bench warmer has a level?

    Interesting.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 08:58 AM
  2. Jon Stewart is going to play NFL football
    By cogitans in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 08:51 AM
  3. Pro football players play fantasy football too!
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-06-2006, 05:23 PM
  4. Anybody here play HS football?
    By ShiFtY in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 04:40 PM
  5. Since they can't play football
    By cc21 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-25-2005, 05:59 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •