Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Dixie Chicks bash patriotism from overseas (there's a shock)

"boognish" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    :shock: Don't care about Patriotism? What a beeyatch! If people weren't unified and weren't moved by national pride to action, then why even have a nation?

She needs to be shot in the face. Nationalism isn't strictly an American thing etiher, I'm pretty sure most citizens have pride in where they come from.
    She's a singer in a band, not a political science major, but I'm sure what she's referring to is extreme nationalism and jingoism (what she referred to as "ultra-nationalism"), not simply wishing the best for your country. As for shooting people in the face for freely speaking their mind, perhaps you'd be better served if you moved to North Korea or China; our country is founded upon the protected right of free speech. Extreme nationalism is the sign of a country in decay and almost always leads to totalitarianism. Use your brain, chick-killer. Funny thing is, you have the V for Vendetta symbol representing you; did you root for the totalitarian state in that movie? :roll:

It would be much easier for her to grab a US flag and start waving it around, in order to pander to the country music fans in this country, than it is to challenge the idealogy and direction this country is headed in. I, for one, respect her conviction and chutzpah; I'm sure it has cost them millions of dollars in record sales.
    It appears that they have indeed put their money where their mouths are...if their loss of popularity among the NASCAR/Wal-Mart set is any indication. What some people don't see is that our country is straying way too far to one side because the other side doesn't have much power to keep our government down a straight path...the only ones that can even keep the ones in power from running roughshod over the wants of a significant minority of Americans right now are these self-appointed watchdogs...without them stirring the pot, the powers that be will continue to do whatever they please without regard for what is truly best for our country. And for those who think that these celebrities who oppose Bush don't know anything, what makes you think that you know any better.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

faninphx is offline Starter

lol owned. You have to remember that this country was founded on the principles of free speech and she can voice her opinion on whatever the hell she wants even if it's against being a patriot, as dumb and hypocritical as it sounds.

Yes, she has the right to say whatever she wants, but WE have the right to call her an idiot and not buy any of her products. I hate when celebrities think that because they're rich and famous we think they're know-it-alls.

"faninphx" wrote:
    lol owned. You have to remember that this country was founded on the principles of free speech and she can voice her opinion on whatever the hell she wants even if it's against being a patriot, as dumb and hypocritical as it sounds.

Yes, she has the right to say whatever she wants, but WE have the right to call her an idiot and not buy any of her products. I hate when celebrities think that because they're rich and famous we think they're know-it-alls.
    ANY American that thinks that deserves to be slapped twice as much...and that goes for the IDIOTS that think Swartzenegger is a good governor as well. It goes BOTH ways...don't forget that! :grin:

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

"ThePurplePotato" wrote:
    She can just stay overseas. If she hates everything here so much, then just move out. Stupid Cowboys fan.
    I agree 100%

If they feel the need "not to be a Patriot" go to Iraq and become a terrorist. I'm shure it is alot better there :thebirdman:

Thank you Josdin for the sig

"Williamson8211" wrote:
    "ThePurplePotato" wrote:
    She can just stay overseas. If she hates everything here so much, then just move out. Stupid Cowboys fan.
    I agree 100%

If they feel the need "not to be a Patriot" go to Iraq and become a terrorist. I'm shure it is alot better there :thebirdman:
    They won't want her...they are looking for "ultrapatriots"...ones that will die for their country by strapping bombs to themselves and dying in the name of Allah!

Redrouster is offline Pro-Bowler

Again, I think that everyone should be able to talk about what they want to talk about. It just upsets the crap out of me when these folks think I want to pay for their product (movie, music, show or whatever) to hear their political veiws. If I would go to a concert, I would be mad as hell if the performers(whoever they were) started talking about politics.

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

"shockzilla" wrote:

A quote from the story:

"The entire country may disagree with me, but I don't understand the necessity for patriotism. Why do you have to be a patriot? About what? This land is our land? Why? You can like where you live and like your life, but as for loving the whole country... I don't see why people care about patriotism."

Story
    Translation: I am happy that millions of people in the United States buy my CD's so I can make boatloads of money, but other then that it pretty much sucks.

Thank you to all of the brave men and women who put your lives on the line every day so idiots like her have the right to say whatever they want.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Ugh.

Lock this thread before someone loses an eye.

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

"jaymz7" wrote:
    Record labels need to drop them, radio stations need to refuse to play their songs, and people need to stop buying their records or going to their concerts.

When she has no money and has to apply for welfare they should then turn her down and tell her they wil buy her a one way ticket to the middle east and they can have her.
    I agree with you 200% Jay!! This kind of thing just infuriates me! She is stupid.... simple as that!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Benet" wrote:
    Ugh.

Lock this thread before someone loses an eye.
    What are you trying to say?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast