Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Dixie Chicks bash patriotism from overseas (there's a sh

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Actually, as it was shown unemployment is the lowest it's been for 20 years. The national debt has started to drop the last few months and as for education -- well, I think a lot of the blame goes to the teachers and the parents.
    No it hasn't. And I defy you to find a NEUTRAL source to confirm that.

Key word: NEUTRAL

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Re: Dixie Chicks bash patriotism from overseas (there's a shock)

"ejmat" wrote:
    I will say this. I'm not a big George Bush fan but I do give him credit. He has told us from the very beginning it was going to be drawn out.
    Pretty sure he told us from the "very beginning" that we were invading Iraq because of WMDs.

Oops.

Then it was because of a link to 9/11.

Oops.

Why can't he be a man and admit that it was because of oil?

Ooops.

=Z=

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Odin VAVikefan" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    I can tell you that if there weren't patriotism WWII would have turned out much differently. "What's that? Pearl Harbor was bombed? Meh."
    Wrong. Caring for your countrymen and avenging an attack is one thing, which she wasn't criticizing. Blind faith in one's national policies and leadership combined with a superiority complex isn't patriotism, it's Nationalism. And if NATIONALISM didn't exist, WWII never would have happened, as Germany, Italy, and Japan would not have had the fascist sickness resulting from such blind obeedience to their own leadership and militaries. She may not be the most eloquent of critics, but the lack of critics in Germany and Japan and the reactionary suppression of their criticisms by those governments and other citizens allowed that war to kill more innocent people than any event in human history.

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    She needs to be shot in the face.
    ...And it sounds like you are lock-step (or should I say GOOSE step) into that fascist mentality. You're going to want to take a trip back to Germany 1936 because the future does not belong to you or your ilk.
    I'm just going to go ahead and ignore the personal attack there. You know nothing about me other than the impressions you supposedly get from a single post. Therefore, I find calling me a Nazi and saying I belong in the Third Reich is way out of line and is not in good taste at all.

It's like the "Celebrities Who Need a Slap" thread....would we actually slap them in the face if we saw them? No. Would I actually shoot the Dixie Chicks? No. It's a figure of speech...don't be an ass.

justrelaxing is offline Waterboy

From a military soldier......I think she needs to realize that its cause of us that she can run her mouth like she does. In foreign countries....she may have already been thrown into prison or face the firing squad....

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Eyedea" wrote:
    "jaymz7" wrote:
    Record labels need to drop them, radio stations need to refuse to play their songs, and people need to stop buying their records or going to their concerts.

When she has no money and has to apply for welfare they should then turn her down and tell her they wil buy her a one way ticket to the middle east and they can have her.
    good idea....lets limit free speech just because someone doesn't agree with you. Next thing you now fox won't show viking games because they dont like the team
    lol owned. You have to remember that this country was founded on the principles of free speech and she can voice her opinion on whatever the hell she wants even if it's against being a patriot, as dumb and hypocritical as it sounds.
    Freedom is a double edged sword though. Sure, they can say what they want, but at the same time the owners of private industires don't have to play their stuff or support them in any way.

The only people that can't oppress their right to speak out is the government. The country music industry can do whatever they like.

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    I will say this. I'm not a big George Bush fan but I do give him credit. He has told us from the very beginning it was going to be drawn out.
    Pretty sure he told us from the "very beginning" that we were invading Iraq because of WMDs.

Oops.

Oops.

Ooops.

=Z=
    If it was about the oil, then where is it? Why are our gas prices 3.00 a gallon? Or was the oil just as hard to find as the WMD's?

It wasn't about oil, IMO. It was a personal thing. Bush saw Saddam, who was a dictator that was manipulating and killing his people and saw an excuse to go get someone who TRIED TO KILL HIS DAD. Back in September of '02 this is what Bush said to Congress:
    "After all, this is the guy who tried to kill my dad."
    That's why we're trying to talk it out with Iran, and refused to do so with Iraq.

Del Rio Guest

Re: Dixie Chicks bash patriotism from overseas (there's a shock)

"josdin00" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    The umemployment stat is misleading. How many of thoughs people had to take a job that pays less just to pay some bills???? The country does not care about education, health care, crime, holding its people resposible for there actions or waistless spending.
    I can't answer that question directly, but I can tell you that average wages are on the rise, not falling:

THE EMPLOYMENT SITUATION: MAY 2006
    Nonfarm employment edged up in May (+75,000), and the unemployment rate was little changed at 4.6 percent, the Bureau of Labor Statistics of the U.S. Department of Labor reported today. Employment continued to trend up in some service-providing industries and in mining, while retail trade and manufacturing lost jobs. Average hourly earnings were up by 1 cent in May following a gain of 10 cents in April.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "thetrenches68OL" wrote:
    actually i was right because its june and that was in may and it did go down .1% my bad i just couldnt find it
    Actually you are wrong because it isn't as low as it has ever been.

I'm still trying to figure out what it has to do with patriotism.
    Actually, economists are concerned right now that the unemployment rate is too low. When unemployment is about 5% in this country, that is considered full employment, and is considered the point where the economy is producing at maximum capacity. Once you get below 5% you start producing over capacity, which can be done in the short term, but if it goes on too long, you start seeing a rise in inflation. That's why the Federal Reserve has been raising intrest rates recently, to try to slow the economy down a little bit.
    First off, I will reiterate that I was going off of exactly what he said. I never insinuated it was good or bad, it was simply incorrect and that is all i said.

I imagine that the 2% of people find having a job very nice. As far as what economists say I have no intention of getting involved in that one.

Del Rio Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    If you read or hear her COMPLETE statement...instead of reacting to just the blurb that is being taken out of context...then you WOULD understand. She is questioning the motives of other artists who are waving the flag around and making money off of it...THAT is the xontext in which her remarks were made.
    Not just that the other artists are waving the flag - it's that they are waving the flag in response to her earlier remarks and using her controversy and their own supposed patriotism to make money.

You gotta wonder how many of those "patriots" would have said ANYTHING w/out having the obvious target of Natalie Maines.

=Z=
    I agree, that is why I said Toby Keith is waving his flag right to the bank.

The Dixie Chicks aren't making money off these comments. Not nearly as much as the people who are using their comments for themselves. Which is why she questioned patriotism to begin with.

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

Oops.

Oops.

Ooops.

=Z=
    If it was about the oil, then where is it? Why are our gas prices 3.00 a gallon? Or was the oil just as hard to find as the WMD's?
    That was the 3rd Ooops.

=Z=

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    If you read or hear her COMPLETE statement...instead of reacting to just the blurb that is being taken out of context...then you WOULD understand. She is questioning the motives of other artists who are waving the flag around and making money off of it...THAT is the xontext in which her remarks were made.
    Not just that the other artists are waving the flag - it's that they are waving the flag in response to her earlier remarks and using her controversy and their own supposed patriotism to make money.

You gotta wonder how many of those "patriots" would have said ANYTHING w/out having the obvious target of Natalie Maines.

=Z=

The Dixie Chicks aren't making money off these comments. Not nearly as much as the people who are using their comments for themselves. Which is why she questioned patriotism to begin with.
    Ayup. And I don't think care. Read an article a couple of weeks ago where they were basically quoted as saying that being good mommies to their babies was the most important thing and if the new album tanks, so be it.

=Z=

Del Rio Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

=Z=

Ayup. And I don't think care. Read an article a couple of weeks ago where they were basically quoted as saying that being good mommies to their babies was the most important thing and if the new album tanks, so be it.

=Z=
    That's good. Of course if they weren't already living in mansions they may be a little more concerned

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast